12-15-2011 07:03 PM
We wanted to give you all a heads up that on December 19, we will be merging the NaughtyDog.com community forums with the main PlayStation forums. Those can be found at http://community.us.playstation.com
We know this move will cause a little pain as everyone gets used to a new location, a slightly different design and a new system to our community forums, but merging the Naughty Dog Community and Uncharted (PlayStation) community under one roof will ultimately help us create a better, stronger community over the long term.
Here are some of the benefits from moving the forums:
• Easier access to a bigger, fully integrated community of fellow PlayStation enthusiasts
• Easy access to Naughty Dog developers, Naughty Dog developed games, as well as other developers and projects you may be interested in
• An opportunity for you to be an MVP – “Most Valued PlayStationers” are users that represent the ethos of the entire community, and are those community leaders that contribute to the forums by helping new members, creating a positive atmosphere, and making the forums a more interesting place to visit. In fact, some Naughty Dog forum users may already be MVPs in the PlayStation community.
• Fun contests and competitions
• Ongoing weekly events
Speaking of MVPs, we’d like to open up the floor for nominations of your peers to the program. Please note that the final decision will come from the PlayStation Community Management team, but this is your chance to throw a name in the hat that you feel deserves recognition! Please send your nominations by Private Message to PS_Gopher
A PlayStation Community MVP is:
• Someone who promotes a positive atmosphere
• Someone to help with events and competitions
• Someone willing to greet new members and help them get acquainted with the forums
Finally, there are some important things to note in preparation for the move:
1. You will continue to use your PSN ID to log into the forums after the transition.
2. The platform will look and feel different, but you will be able to create your own custom avatars, embed videos, and take advantage of a variety of new features on the new platform.
3. Your private messages will not be migrated over. Please begin saving any messages now that you want to keep, as they will not be retrievable after December 6th.
We’re looking forward to continuing our conversations now as part of the larger PlayStation community!
Thank you for your help and understanding with this transition. Let us know if you have any feedback, questions or concerns in this thread and we’ll all do our best to answer.
11-22-2011 06:19 PM
I'm fine with it, but... I'm rather confused, to be honest.
Didn't we already move once from the Playstation forums to these? Why did we move in the first place?
11-22-2011 06:23 PM
I'll be looking forward to the change. Hopefully it will deliver a even stronger community.
11-22-2011 06:34 PM
I like having a dedicated uncharted forum since it's one of my favorite franchises. Oh well...
I never posted on the playstation forums, I guess that's about to change.
11-22-2011 06:40 PM
I've never posted on offical playstation forums either. So in some sence it's good because it will help us widen out our connections.
11-22-2011 06:41 PM
I really think ND should set up something like Feedback Friday. Every Friday you should promise to have someone from ND browse the forums for an hour or so to respong to threads.
That way we don't have so many redundant threads and people freaking out about ND not caring.