Dec 16 2011
By: Eric-ND Naughty Dog Developer 552 posts

Naughty Dog Forums Migration

149 replies 429 views Edited Dec 16, 2011

We wanted to give you all a heads up that on December 19, we will be merging the NaughtyDog.com community forums with the main PlayStation forums. Those can be found at http://community.us.playstation.com

We know this move will cause a little pain as everyone gets used to a new location, a slightly different design and a new system to our community forums, but merging the Naughty Dog Community and Uncharted (PlayStation) community under one roof will ultimately help us create a better, stronger community over the long term.

Here are some of the benefits from moving the forums:

•             Easier access to a bigger, fully integrated community of fellow PlayStation enthusiasts

•             Easy access to Naughty Dog developers, Naughty Dog developed games, as well as other developers and projects you may be interested in

•             An opportunity for you to be an MVP – “Most Valued PlayStationers” are users that represent the ethos of the entire community, and are those community leaders that contribute to the forums by helping new members, creating a positive atmosphere, and making the forums a more interesting place to visit. In fact, some Naughty Dog forum users may already be MVPs in the PlayStation community.

•             Fun contests and competitions

•             Ongoing weekly events

Speaking of MVPs, we’d like to open up the floor for nominations of your peers to the program. Please note that the final decision will come from the PlayStation Community Management team, but this is your chance to throw a name in the hat that you feel deserves recognition! Please send your nominations by Private Message to PS_Gopher

A PlayStation Community MVP is:

•             Someone who promotes a positive atmosphere

•             Someone to help with events and competitions

•             Someone willing to greet new members and help them get acquainted with the forums

Finally, there are some important things to note in preparation for the move:

1. You will continue to use your PSN ID to log into the forums after the transition.

2. The platform will look and feel different, but you will be able to create your own custom avatars, embed videos, and take advantage of a variety of new features on the new platform.

3. Your private messages will not be migrated over.  Please begin saving any messages now that you want to keep, as they will not be retrievable after December 6th.

We’re looking forward to continuing our conversations now as part of the larger PlayStation community!

Thank you for your help and understanding with this transition. Let us know if you have any feedback, questions or concerns in this thread and we’ll all do our best to answer.

Naughty Dog

Please use plain text.
Message 127 of 150 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3846 posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R...

Nov 23, 2011
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP ND Forum.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 150 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

I'm fine with it, but... I'm rather confused, to be hones...

Nov 23, 2011

I'm fine with it, but... I'm rather confused, to be honest.

Didn't we already move once from the Playstation forums to these?  Why did we move in the first place? 

----------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 150 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6878 posts

Thanks for the heads up.   I can see how people will be a...

Nov 23, 2011

Thanks for the heads up.

I can see how people will be a little diappointed at this but I can see the benefits overall.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 150 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Aweeee :(

Nov 23, 2011

Aweeee :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 150 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Sweet News.

Nov 23, 2011

I'll be looking forward to the change. Hopefully it will deliver a even stronger community.

I run a YouTube variety channel: The Puppet Hound Z Show. It features gaming, travel tours and tutorials.

http://www.youtube.com/ZHX1138
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 150 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

I like having a dedicated uncharted forum since it's one...

Nov 23, 2011

I like having a dedicated uncharted forum since it's one of my favorite franchises. Oh well...

I never posted on the playstation forums, I guess that's about to change.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 150 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

I've never posted on offical playstation forums either. S...

Nov 23, 2011

I've never posted on offical playstation forums either. So in some sence it's good because it will help us widen out our connections.

I run a YouTube variety channel: The Puppet Hound Z Show. It features gaming, travel tours and tutorials.

http://www.youtube.com/ZHX1138
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 150 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

That's sad. :( Hopefully it will still be good.

Nov 23, 2011
That's sad. :smileysad:

Hopefully it will still be good.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 150 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1395 posts

I really think ND should set up something like Feedback F...

Nov 23, 2011

I really think ND should set up something like Feedback Friday. Every Friday you should promise to have someone from ND browse the forums for an hour or so to respong to threads.

That way we don't have so many redundant threads and people freaking out about ND not caring.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 150 (429 Views)
0 Likes