384 posts

Re: Multiplayer Bans

Sep 1, 2012

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

Zylinderknopf wrote:

AlexDelux wrote:

DarkSeraphim666 wrote:

well im one of the people who got banned for 6 days "for cheating"

i dont think playing within the given system you've provided is cheating. glitches would be different, this was not that however.

and "crime" seems a bit dramatic don't you think?

i personally was boosting for the trophies. i wont give you any excuses. wanted to get trophies done so i was doing it the most efficient way i knew how.

boosting leaderboards is one thing. boosting trophies however means no malicious intent was ever present.

label it however you like, but i think your time would be much more well spent banning people who actually have that malicious intent i spoke of.

see you in a week! : )

I totally agree with you!

If we have a group of friends that want to help each others getting trophies fast, why can't we do it?

We ONLY want to earn trophies, we don't care about leaderboards!!

Are we "criminals" or "cheaters"??

We play our games and don't disturb anyone, so just leave us alone!

If you cannot get the trophies without cheating/boosting then you do not deserve them. 

Sure, it does not hurt anyone directly, but it is just unfair when people like you use the easy way to get them.

It is about fairness. Stop complaining. It is your fault; deal with it.

What about this situation:

Player A played for 1000 hours before the trophy patch and did 150 of a certain deifficult move or action.

Player B never played before the trophy patch, and never gave Naughty Dog any money, and gets the trophy for said action after 300 hours.

Player A who supported Naughty Dog and played his heart out decides to boost said action in 3 hours with his friends because they are sick of the game, suffer from completionist syndrome and Naughty Dog were jerks from not making an easily retroactive trophy retroactive.

Player A is still much better than player B in terms of skill. Why should he have to play so many more hours when it will not hurt anyone?

Fairness seems to be on the side of player A in my and many other peoples' opinions.

To Naughty Dog: "various shenanigans" really? lol Most vague definition I've ever read.

In Canada there is a dumb law where it is illegal to pay for a 50 cent item with only pennies. I bet you Naughty Dog would imprison a kid buying candy from their store with money saved up in his piggy bank.

Player C played UC3 for 2000 hours. He is also more skilled and spent more cash than Player A. He tries to get the trophies without cheating, because he wants to play properly without cheating. Is that fair for Player C when Player A cheats?

I do not think so.

You are trying to say that some people (Player A) have the right to cheat. While Player B for example is not allowed to cheat. You know,  Player A does not have special privileges, just because he played longer or spent more cash than other players. 

Main-argument of the cheater: "It does not hurt anyone"

Oh yes, it does not hurt anyone. Except the people who try to get the trophies without cheating.

[SnYp]-Clan
Message 201 of 278 (722 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Sep 1, 2012
Thats why i'm happy they got banned!
I personally hate that people get trophies that they don't deserve and that they probably will never get without boosting!
Message 202 of 278 (714 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Ok, so I didn't deserve that trophies I boosted, what do YOU care???

If I boost my trophies in a match where ALL players agree to do that, how does that affect your game? Are you unable to play or to earn trophies, if I boost? No, you're not!

I would like Naughty Dog to explain me what to they care if I use a faster method to get my trophies, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone!

Message 203 of 278 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Sep 1, 2012
ND crea un gioco, impone regole x un gioco tra cui il divieto di boost di statistiche (il boost dei trofei è un boost sia di statistiche sia di trofei).
Tu gioco al loro gioco = accetto le loro regole...boosti e se ti bannano non lamentarti perchè han ragione.
Tanto più sei venuto sul forum sbagliato dato che qua 95% non ti daranno mai ragione.
Queste sono le loro regole sbagliate o giuste che siano vanno rispettate, le infrangi e vieni bannato.
Stop tutto qua!!se io mi faccio una canna che fastidio do?nessuno pero e vietato...la meccanica e la stessa!
Message 204 of 278 (695 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Sep 2, 2012
Hai accettato il messaggio EULA la prima volta che ti sei collgato ad U3 ergo hai accettato le loro condizioni.
Boosting o cheating che sia sono vietati!
Message 205 of 278 (694 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Sep 2, 2012
Detto questo fate come volete x carità siete liberi ma se prendono provvedimenti non lamentatevi perche siete nel torto alexdelux!
Fate piu trofei possibili perche verrete di nuovo bannati altrimenti e detto questo chiudo questa polemica perchè non stanno in piedi le vostre lamentele!
Message 206 of 278 (691 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
550 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Zylinderknopf wrote:

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

Zylinderknopf wrote:

AlexDelux wrote:

DarkSeraphim666 wrote:

well im one of the people who got banned for 6 days "for cheating"

i dont think playing within the given system you've provided is cheating. glitches would be different, this was not that however.

and "crime" seems a bit dramatic don't you think?

i personally was boosting for the trophies. i wont give you any excuses. wanted to get trophies done so i was doing it the most efficient way i knew how.

boosting leaderboards is one thing. boosting trophies however means no malicious intent was ever present.

label it however you like, but i think your time would be much more well spent banning people who actually have that malicious intent i spoke of.

see you in a week! : )

I totally agree with you!

If we have a group of friends that want to help each others getting trophies fast, why can't we do it?

We ONLY want to earn trophies, we don't care about leaderboards!!

Are we "criminals" or "cheaters"??

We play our games and don't disturb anyone, so just leave us alone!

If you cannot get the trophies without cheating/boosting then you do not deserve them. 

Sure, it does not hurt anyone directly, but it is just unfair when people like you use the easy way to get them.

It is about fairness. Stop complaining. It is your fault; deal with it.

Player A played for 1000 hours before the trophy patch and did 150 of a certain deifficult move or action.

Player B never played before the trophy patch, and never gave Naughty Dog any money, and gets the trophy for said action after 300 hours.

Player A who supported Naughty Dog and played his heart out decides to boost said action in 3 hours with his friends because they are sick of the game, suffer from completionist syndrome and Naughty Dog were jerks from not making an easily retroactive trophy retroactive.

Player A is still much better than player B in terms of skill. Why should he have to play so many more hours when it will not hurt anyone?

Fairness seems to be on the side of player A in my and many other peoples' opinions.

To Naughty Dog: "various shenanigans" really? lol Most vague definition I've ever read.

In Canada there is a dumb law where it is illegal to pay for a 50 cent item with only pennies. I bet you Naughty Dog would imprison a kid buying candy from their store with money saved up in his piggy bank.

Player C played UC3 for 2000 hours. He is also more skilled and spent more cash than Player A. He tries to get the trophies without cheating, because he wants to play properly without cheating. Is that fair for Player C when Player A cheats?

I do not think so.

You are trying to say that some people (Player A) have the right to cheat. While Player B for example is not allowed to cheat. You know,  Player A does not have special privileges, just because he played longer or spent more cash than other players. 

Main-argument of the cheater: "It does not hurt anyone"

Oh yes, it does not hurt anyone. Except the people who try to get the trophies without cheating.

The following is not for you Zylinderknopf. I know some players' opinions are stagnant. I respect your opinion but I still respond to your comments for the sake of others.

I wish I could see the statistics of the age groups who see this one way or the other: I bet you it's mostly kids who care about the boosting of trophies while adults do not since adults have less time and value their time more than kids.

BTW if player C is so good he will still have more of said move in his full stats and that should be enough for him if he cares so much for fair competition. The presence or absence of an online trophy has never meant anything because the situations which players get online trophies are never the same. Only offline trophies measure people's skill because they require the exact same amount of skill from players to obtain. Then there are the real medical conditions that lead some people to want to collect every trophy in an OCD manner: they want the trophies to appease their minds more than to show off. Many players are angry about having a 51% platinum and the other 49% requires 50 times more time to aquire because they are not dependent on skill alone, but a million other variable factors that make them innately unfair in the first place. Online trophies ruin more games than they help.

And you might want to consider that my opinion on this subject is more unbiased than almost anyone else here as I have not played UC3 for many many months nor do I plan on doing so anytime soon. I also do not boost trophies; it's a personal choice, but I don't care that others do because I understand the big picture, having put much thought and written about the precise nature of online trophies. It takes much effort to understand the other side. It's funny to watch warmongers (often fanboys) be so angry at pacifists (often treasure hunters): the subconscious reason probably being that they want to maximize the number of their victims in the game. 

This is the main reason I'm here because Naughty Dog is at the fringes of hilarious insanity when it comes to online trophies; but that might have arisen from the irrational nature of their overly youthful fanbase...I love the 'fans' who argue non-retroactive trophies extends the life of the game: i.e. they wouldn't have kept playing the game otherwise because there was no more fun to be had.

It's funny how much some people can't stand the idea of just getting along. A war is being waged to protect the continuation of conflict. XD

Photobucket
Message 207 of 278 (685 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
21 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Dear ND,

I see that you are involved in a lot of booster to banish and you are very reactive meet these demands. But I really question the fact of seeing no response from you regarding cheaters who use foreign DNS as I explained in a previous message explicitly.

I must say that I am very outraged because these players with these really cheat DNS foreigners at the expense of other players and their parts and rotting their gaming experience, while booster do it in a corner without disturbing anyone.

The fact that you do not wish to respond to this apparently is much more serious bother me much, I feel that sanctioned the booster because they are more easily traceable and you ignored the problem of players using foreign DNS may be more difficult to define but far more damaging to the game.

I still communicate privately a list of players for (Eric-ND & EvangM) who use these DNS foreigners hoping that you do good use.

You remember my previous post:

aZeRtYxP wrote:

I communicated privately with Eric-ND on the form of a new yet very serious cheating in our French community, with no response from it for some time, I can make something public here, seen to do this to make things move. Because I think this will have to be dealt with in priority to boost 2v2v2 as this is to the detriment of the other players and rots much multiplayer and the experience of other players:

---------------------------------------

Hello I have tried to report a new form of cheating within the French community, I said that I myself am French and I have a very bad english google translation I use, thank you for being so understanding at my message.

So here there is a new form of cheating within the French community, the process is simple they use DNS located very far from our beautiful country, such as DNS Mexicans, Chinese, Japanese ... When you fall against them we really like playing against foreigners with lag. They have more health, our sights go in any direction they are difficult to Locked, they make most of our bug grenades, they teleport ...

In short it is cheating, pure and simple knowing that they put these DNS knowingly, as they manage to put the player most cheat their team group leader out whether the host part and makes bug the game to their advantage.

Would you be able to intervene in relation to this, you could for example identify the country of a player and see if it will use the DNS will be hosted at the other end of the world from your servers? I myself am able to give you a list of players that make this new form of cheating. There's something for which we have certainty, other suspicions. Note that I am very familiar with some of these players and we see clearly the difference on their "performance" before and after the discovery of these foreign DNS, we also see clearly that they have a very good connection before and now they teleport, do not die after 4 bursts of G-MAL, our sights are bug and our grenades ...

I find it shameful in our French community they win by cheating at the expense of other tournaments, competition ... organized in an optical fairplay and that many are involved in organizing these tournaments honestly. Some also cheat on an internationally recognized site that organizes tournaments in the world (FragedNation). They cheat with these DNS foreign research as part of course.

Cordially.

----------------------------------------------

So here I find it quite disturbing that you leave that aside ignoring this problem, run after the booster 2v2v2 that really does not bother the other players on their party.

Message 208 of 278 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Well, I find it good that people are getting banned for cheating. I won't get into "unfair bans" or anything, hell I don't even know how you would "boost" your own stats in split-screen in 3TDM, and I don't even want to know. I rarely ever play split-screen, and when I do either my brother or my sister join on their own account.

I will keep playing Uncharted 3 regardless of any of this, because I love the series a lot (and because I lack the money to buy more games). Getting banned would basically be the end of my SEN (yes, that's SEN, not PSN, since it was renamed ages ago.) career, and I'm not about to let that happen.

Expect me to earn my trophies fair and square, and if anyone ever sees me in a glitch, there's a 100% chance it was accidental anyway. I admit I have used glitches to my advantage before, but never again will I lower myself to that level of cowardice. If I do happen to end up in a glitch, which has happened before while spawning on my buddy, I will not kill people and even try to kill myself with a grenade to get out.

Let's all keep online gaming as fair, and especially fun, as possible. Games are there for entertainment after all.

ALL boosters are now maxed out.
ALL treasure sets completed.
Remaining trophies: Overseer (0/1)

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 209 of 278 (493 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Good words man!
Yes sometimes for people getting a 100% is a MUST and kind of a WORK so they boost to get it as quick as possible.
You dont like the game you dont play it...simple as that because if you like the game you dont care about a months-required .
The same is for people who play with their own 3 ps3s just to boost stats.
I mean...really??playing alone (yes alone) for hourse and hours for what???
not for fun that's for sure!!!
Add me if you want, sometimes we can play together!
Message 210 of 278 (487 Views)
0 Likes