Sep 22 2009
By: XrequiemX Hekseville Citizen 371 posts

TITE PATCH THIS WEEK

10 replies 4 views Edited Sep 22, 2009
First; a quick apology for not getting back to everyone on this thread. I've been speaking with the guys at SMS about the PS3 damage issue and they've asked me to let you know that a PS3 Title Update will be made available later this week which fixes the issue.

Andrew

Need for Speed
Global Community Lead
First; a quick apology for not getting back to everyone on this thread. I've been speaking with the guys at SMS about the PS3 damage issue and they've asked me to let you know that a PS3 Title Update will be made available later this week which fixes the issue.

Andrew

Need for Speed
Global Community Lead

http://forum.needforspeed.com/eaforum/posts/list/90/307429.page

Andrew

Need for Speed
Global Community Lead
Message 1 of 11 (4 Views)
Sackboy
608 posts

Re: TITE PATCH THIS WEEK

Sep 22, 2009
He goes on to say that the lack of deformation on PS3 is indeed a bug.
Free userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbars
Message 2 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Sep 22, 2009
That's a start bud, still there are tons of issues that I am sure you guys already know.  This game is great and it will be even better if this issues are fixed.  People are responding with sales and I hope you guys can pay us this little you know!!!  This game puts smile in my face for sure, very addictive.
www.Legit-Racing.net

Message 3 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Sep 22, 2009
I'm very glad to hear this, I couldn't believe how lackluster the ps3's damage is.. I love this game and am very much looking forward to a sequel, but if this was infact not a bug that will be patch, or a bug that wasn't patched.. I would refuse to buy the sequel. Great news for me, we are getting everything we paid for and not being left behind. Thanks for the news.
I use my Ps3 internet browser, so sorry if I don't post much, or if its hard to read. Games I own: GT5P, GTA IV, MGS4, ,Fallout 3, NFS Shift, UFC Undisputed, Killzone 2, AC2, MW2, OFP: DR

Photobucket
Message 4 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1940 posts

Sep 22, 2009

I didn't see anything in that blog that indicates what other issues, if any, the patch will deal with.

Any info available on that ???

Old age is not for sissies.
Message 5 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
895 posts

Sep 22, 2009

there are other more important things i'd like to see fixed first. damage is the least of my worries. my biggest complaint is how the force feedback strength has a mind of its own. one day i'll play the game and the force feedback will be crazy strong, and then the next it will be really weak. i'd also like the see the framerate not come to a hault like it does occasionaly.

if there was a way to turn damage off completely i'd have it turned off. i'd rather not have to keep restarting races because the stupid AI causes accidents and and completely destroys my windshield.

it's nice to see that they are listening but i just hope the patch fixes more than just the car damage.

Message Edited by jasonb1985 on 09-22-2009 07:29 PM

Logitech G27 on a Rennsport wheelstand. currently playing, GT5P, NFS Shift, F1CE, Dirt 2, and SuperCar Challenge.
Message 6 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1940 posts

Sep 22, 2009

jasonb1985 wrote:

there are other more important things i'd like to see fixed first. damage is the least of my worries. my biggest complaint is how the force feedback strength has a mind of its own. one day i'll play the game and the force feedback will be crazy strong, and then the next it will be really weak. i'd also like the see the framerate not come to a hault like it does occasionaly.

if there was a way to turn damage off completely i'd have it turned off. i'd rather not have to keep restarting races because the stupid AI causes accidents and and completely destroys my windshield.

it's nice to see that they are listening but i just hope the patch fixes more than just the car damage.

Message Edited by jasonb1985 on 09-22-2009 07:29 PM

Agreed.  They could get me in the game if they fixed some serious issues I have.
Old age is not for sissies.
Message 7 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
608 posts

Sep 23, 2009
The frame rate drop is a major issue. So are the endless replays online that can't be exited out of. Don't drive too aggressive because a frame rate drop might be around the corner.
Free userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbars
Message 8 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Sep 23, 2009
nice!!!
Message 9 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Sep 23, 2009

1. Damage deformation

2. Car stuck at start grid unable to move

3. Vinyl mirror option + fixed scaling max-size for Manufacturer Vinyl?

4. Screenshot of yellow appears blue on website

5. Over bouncing of Pagani Zonda and other cars

6. Ford GT cannot be Works-converted

7. Frame-rate drops

Message 10 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes