Aug 30 2010
By: Doppelgangergang Treasure Hunter 7724 posts

Need for Speed: Most Wanted port/remake for the PS3

4 replies 438 views Edited Aug 30, 2010

They should remake Most Wanted for the PS3... In my opinion that's the best part of the series for me....

Message 1 of 5 (438 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5698 posts

Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted port/remake for the PS3

Aug 30, 2010

I believe that Most Wanted was the best recent game in the Need For Speed franchise and it was extremely well made. However, I think EA found this out too. Which is why we had a game that was a complete clone that came out right after. Although Carbon tried to copy Most Wanted in everything, to me it never hit the mark. The story was terrible, the gameplay didn't feel right, and worst of all the cop chases were terrible. So in hind sight a remake would be good. But I think they have been trying a re-make for a while now. It's just no one considers a game like Carbon, or Undercover to be even close to what we would call a re-make to a game like Most Wanted.

Re-makes are not going to happen and we just need to focus on what will arrive in the future and hope they get their stuff together. Hot Pursuit may be the start of that come back. But it being EA I have no clue if quality will ever survive long enough to call back all the hardcore Need For Speed fans.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 2 of 5 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Aug 30, 2010

Brrnout wrote:

I believe that Most Wanted was the best recent game in the Need For Speed franchise and it was extremely well made. However, I think EA found this out too. Which is why we had a game that was a complete clone that came out right after. Although Carbon tried to copy Most Wanted in everything, to me it never hit the mark. The story was terrible, the gameplay didn't feel right, and worst of all the cop chases were terrible. So in hind sight a remake would be good. But I think they have been trying a re-make for a while now. It's just no one considers a game like Carbon, or Undercover to be even close to what we would call a re-make to a game like Most Wanted.

Re-makes are not going to happen and we just need to focus on what will arrive in the future and hope they get their stuff together. Hot Pursuit may be the start of that come back. But it being EA I have no clue if quality will ever survive long enough to call back all the hardcore Need For Speed fans.

Cheers, Brrnout

Carbon was like Most Wanted bcuzz it is the direct sequel. And yes I have always wanted a port to the PS3 but I really doubt it will happen. Underground 3 has a much better chance at his point

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 5 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Sep 2, 2010

The first nfs underground (2001) is still my favorite... Cars felt right and the racing was ferocious.

But I admit most wanted was thrilling during the chases as the heat was building up!

Message 4 of 5 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Sep 3, 2010

Oh boy... just wait till the Vets' get on here...

Message 5 of 5 (438 Views)
0 Likes