Jun 09 2012
By: HorrorGod PlayStation MVP 4300 posts

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (out Oct. 30th)

5 replies 201 views Edited Jun 9, 2012

http://media.ign.com/games/image/object/126/126560/Need-For-Speed-Most-Wanted_LIMITED_US_RP_PS3boxart_160h.jpg

In case any of you missed it, Criterion showed of their next NFS game at E3. Here is a trailer and some gameplay footage.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 1 of 6 (201 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1274 posts

Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (out Oct. 30th)

Jun 13, 2012

Was excited about the game until I heard there wasn't any customization or tuning available. That equals a no buy for me. Hopefully Black Box gets another crack at a game. (Namely Underground 3) and they'll return the game to form like Underground 1. But to stay on topic, I do wanna see where Critierion takes this without making the same as their other racer.

At the end of the day, I'm chillin'. You should all do the same.
Message 2 of 6 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2012

Same here, super disappointed in them for remaking a abomination of the awesome Most Wanted original 2005 version. Criterion sucks! EA should have let them stick to making Burnout series

Put Sephiroth in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale
Photobucket
Message 3 of 6 (191 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5698 posts

Jul 3, 2012

I am not sure what you hate about Criterion. Every game they have made has been solid gold and that doesn't appear to be changing. Simply because it is not Burnout that doesn't mean it is bad. Also, not many studios want to drive the same car for years and years. Just look at Naughty Dog. They didn't want to make Uncharted any more and they took a break. I think it will be the same with Criterion. Let them have a break and they will be back to Burnout. Sure they are running NFS full time now, but that doesn't mean they will do nothing but it.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 4 of 6 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4300 posts

Aug 14, 2012

^ Indeed.

Also, this NFS is supposed to be open world, like "Burnout Paradise."

So one dev from Criterion even said it felt like "Burnout Paradise 2."

Though, I'm sure we will get another Burnout from them someday. They even said they were not done with that franchise.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 5 of 6 (151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5698 posts

Aug 14, 2012

HorrorGod wrote:

^ Indeed.

Also, this NFS is supposed to be open world, like "Burnout Paradise."

So one dev from Criterion even said it felt like "Burnout Paradise 2."

Though, I'm sure we will get another Burnout from them someday. They even said they were not done with that franchise.

Agreed. The more I see of the new Most Wanted the more of Burnout I see in it. This is basically Burnout with real cars and cops. Basically the best of both NFS and Burnout in one game. That sounds like a win to me!

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 6 of 6 (148 Views)
0 Likes