Fender Bender
3587 posts

Re: Pet Lovers, Unite!

May 8, 2012

Cats > Dogs (except maybe border collies.)

I mean, I'm a couch potato right? And what better pet to accompany myself with than another awesomely lazy animal?

Do you feel me?

Message 10 of 105 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 8, 2012

Spiderling wrote:

As some of you know my beloved Dog was poisoned but we now have a Rescued Retriever who was kept in a cage and kicked, she's very nervous but quite lovely.

We also have some Indian Runner ducklings that have projectile poop and about 400 baby praying mantids.

Awww poor dog!  Glad you were able to rescue her! 

Why so many baby mantids?!

Message 11 of 105 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1454 posts

May 8, 2012

Hey Ryan long time no speak Hope your keeping well buddy.

Yeah she's a lovely dog and very nervous the couple who owned her broke up and the man kept her in a small cage in the garden tied to a 3 foot chain and when he went past her he'd kick her, she wouldn't come out from under the kitchen table for 9 weeks when she was taken from him. But she knows she's loved now.

As for the mantids we don't have any native mantids in the UK or Ireland and people like to keep them as pets, I had some egg cases (ootheca) that hatched and now have 400 babies of 3 different types that I'm selling on good old ebay.

I might start breeding tarantulas again because thats where I get my username from, baby T's are called spiderlings. And I love them.

You don't want a baby praying mantis do you? Indie looks very cool too.

Shranny your kitten is beautiful you should call her misty because of her colour and mysterious beauty.

Duke I was never a dog person but I love retrievers now, I still miss Purdy so much and bizarrely wake up crying sometimes and i don't know if I dreamed about her coz I can't remember but she has left a big hole in our lives.

It doesn't matter what pet you have or like as long as you care for them as best you can. (glad your a cat dude) I'd like a p[latypus but they're too poisonous for me.

Heres a list of the pets I've kept.

Tarantulas.

Spectacled camens (small crocodiles)

every type of snake you can imagine.

Mantids, millipedes, stick bugs, giant silk moths.

Tropical butterflies.

Tree Frogs,

Hornbills (Like ugly toucans that ate chicks)

A Racoon (seriously rare in Britain).

Lots of lizards.

Turtles
Dogs

1 Cat

A mantis shrimp

Tropical fish

Wallabies

And lots of others i forgot.

Message 12 of 105 (48 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

May 8, 2012

Here's my little duuuude.

The Ziggy:

ziggy.jpg

Message 13 of 105 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 8, 2012

Spiderling wrote:

Tarantulas.

Spectacled camens (small crocodiles)

every type of snake you can imagine.

Mantids, millipedes, stick bugs, giant silk moths.

Tropical butterflies.

Tree Frogs,

Hornbills (Like ugly toucans that ate chicks)

A Racoon (seriously rare in Britain).

Lots of lizards.

Turtles
Dogs

1 Cat

A mantis shrimp

Tropical fish

Wallabies

Wow man, you are a true animal lover!  I don't think I could handle owning a snake, they kinda creep me out haha.  I came across a young rattlesnake one time when I was hiking, I think that's the closest I've ever been to a poisonous snake.  He didn't start rattling until I was right next to him (he was under a small bush by the side of the trail).  It was very scary to say the least, and I am now more vigilant when I hike. 

As for the mantis, I see them in the wild here, and I think that's enough for me!    Good luck with the sales, how much do they go for?

Message 14 of 105 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

May 8, 2012

501V051yLeq.jpg.....my girl....great pics all!..

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 15 of 105 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1454 posts

May 8, 2012

Ziggy is very cool!

Ryan the mantids go for about $7 dollars for 10 nymphs and I loved seeing them in the wild but they only live as far north as Paris (France) so the UK love them as exotic pets.

PS (if you find mantis egg cases in the US (or any other territory) send em to me I'll buy em. )

And snakes can be very scary, I got bitten in the hand by a 7 foot  blood python and 4 months later its tooth had travelled up my arm and I squeeezed it like a spot out of my shoulder!

Message 16 of 105 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3587 posts

May 9, 2012

DSCN0102.JPG

Do you feel me?

Message 17 of 105 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

May 9, 2012

This thread is a genius idea - I love looking through other people's pet pics, and you all have some seriously cute pets!

Message 18 of 105 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4545 posts

May 10, 2012

ryaniscool47 wrote:

No one else has any pics of their pets? 

I took some cute pics of my kitty last night (while we were partying up lol) and I'll post'em soon

spiderling wrote:

As some of you know my beloved Dog was poisoned but we now have a Rescued Retriever who was kept in a cage and kicked, she's very nervous but quite lovely.

We also have some Indian Runner ducklings that have projectile poop and about 400 baby praying mantids.

-------------

Awww, I didn't know about that. Must have been so sad see him go in such an unfair way. But glad to know you have a new pet friend to care for now (:

And you're a true animal/bird/insect lover! lol I never knew there was something called a mantis shrimp until you mentioned it, it looks pretty cool! And tropical butterflies are a beauty!

I also had many pets during my childhood. I had tropical fish, budgerigars (one of them knew how to do tricks), hedgehogs, turtles (land and water), one puppy and one dog but only for a very short time, and many cats because I just heart cats

duke_of_platypus wrote:

My cat is so beast.

My (sister's) dog? -meh. Only good dogs are border collies () and them golden retrievers. The rest, -meh.

-------------

Cats > Dogs (except maybe border collies.)

I mean, I'm a couch potato right? And what better pet to accompany myself with than another awesomely lazy animal?

-------------

I agree, cats are Da Best! http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/h/highfive.gif

I also cat's laziness, it's cute! :3

And that's such a cutie you got there! I love the eyes. What's the name, breed, and age?

Trawnza wrote:

Here's my little duuuude.

The Ziggy:

He's very cute! What breed is he and how old is he? :3

boobinz wrote:

.....my girl....great pics all!..

She has such a cute face with that pink nose and green eyes! What's her name, breed and age? And thanks

Coffeebug wrote:

This thread is a genius idea - I love looking through other people's pet pics, and you all have some seriously cute pets!

Hey! Thank you and enjoy

Photobucket
Message 19 of 105 (48 Views)
0 Likes