Oct 26 2012
By: ZANIACK Hekseville Citizen 381 posts

Uncharted 3 co op = Joyless and broken bullet sponge mode

[ Edited ]
3 replies 182 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

I hate how co-op became bullet sponge mode in this game. It was so much more fun when you could pull of headshots in UC2, and on the harder difficulties it was still challenging.. I dunno, when they amp up the health like that, it just feels like an artificial way to add difficulty to the game... It feels cheap. The Pak-80 guys, I mean, come on... You can fire like a million rounds into their face and they don't even flinch.

Can we maybe get a 'classic' co op adventure/arena modes? No kickbacks or boosters BUT the enemies have lower health(more like equivalent health of NPCs from the single player), and the average enemy will drop with a single headshot. Make the RPG more powerful. In U2's single player and co op, an RPG would destroy the regular armored enemy with one shot, but it requires two rockets in U3's campaign, and like a dozen in co op. And the Pak-80 guys shrug off a rocket propelled grenade like a God d*mn mosquito.

Weapon characteristics should be seamlessly blended from the single player to the co op multiplayer, co op shouldn't be a carbon copy of competetive MP. And can we please get the Tau Sniper and Dragonuv aim to be exactly like in the single player so we don't have to be forced to look into the scope to aim, and by just pressing R3 while aiming will bring up the scope(just like Uncharted 2). This is the way it was in the summer beta, please restore it.

EDIT: Got the U3 GOTY edition a few days ago. Shade Survival is a joke, and I thought regular co op arena was abysmal. Flaming NPCs eat bullets like candy.

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 1 of 4 (182 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 co op = Joyless and broken bullet sponge mode

Oct 29, 2012

I agree completely. I've been playing a lot of Co-Op Arena lately and those PAK-80 guys take forever to kill and it's too easy to have your kill turn into an assist. Way too many times I've unloaded everything I have into one of those guys only to have my "team mate" rush over half way through and finish him off. It's complete crap. It reminds me of the old game "Black". Great graphics on the weapons and the overall environment was quite good looking for a game of it's age. But the enemies would just take the bullets like it was nothing and it got really annoying in the later levels, and I just think that's sadistic more than challenging.

I mean, on the Syria map in Co-Op arena even on Easy those PAK-80 guys and their SPAS/M9 wielding friends gang up on you near the end (like on siege mode for instance where it sucks the most) and just rape you to no end. It's impossible if one of your team mates takes up all of your lives or rage quits on you. But enough raging. Hopefully this can be fixed as this mode is really great, but it could be better. Another complaint would be the randomization of the game modes in Co-Op Arena. I've had modes that were almost all Siege and Gold Rush. It would be much better if this mode was done like it was in UC2 where you could choose the one mode you wanted in advance.

photo Uncharted_Nate_Elena_Sully_zpsaf41a650.jpg
Message 2 of 4 (145 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

Agreed with all listed except for the fact that three seperate co op game modes from U2 were integrated into one game mode in U3. I don't mind that.

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 3 of 4 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
54 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Well, I just don't like the playlist style because often times I keep getting the same mode over and over again. I really hate getting siege all of the time.

photo Uncharted_Nate_Elena_Sully_zpsaf41a650.jpg
Message 4 of 4 (121 Views)
0 Likes