Highlighted
Jul 02 2014
By: SweetPoison13 MVP Support 12485 posts

UPDATED ** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: July Edition **

[ Edited ]
32 replies 2250 views Edited Jul 25, 2014

Welcome to the July Edition of this monthly Q&A thread.

If you have some questions that you would like to ask Naughty Dog this month then here is your opportunity to ask them! Up until about the 12th of July you will be able to post your questions about some of Naughty Dog's video games here in this thread. Usually 10 questions from this thread will be selected and answered by the Naughty Dog Development Team.

Once the replies are ready they will be posted in this thread for your perusal. What would you like to ask Naughty Dog this month? If your reply contains more than one question or if you post multiple replies in a row then Naughty Dog might ignore your questions.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Is there a reason why you guys dont advertise the multiplayer like at all? As strange as it may sound to us, there are still people who have no idea what factions is or that TLOU had any sort of of online play." – Futurawwnold

That’s a valid point. We work to get PR opportunities to discuss Multiplayer and get the message out that way. As for advertising, that’s a decision driven by Sony PlayStation were the ad dollars go. We advise them and come to an agreement. For a game like The Last of Us single player was more of the focus for the marketing and PR campaign hence you don’t see advertising for MP. It really just comes down to dollars and cents. 

"Are there any major differences between the Remastered and PS3 versions, besides just performance, visuals, and the condensing of the multiplayer pools? Having some sort of extra stuff in the PS4 version would be very nice." - Da_Almighty_Guy

We put a lot of hard work into making Remastered the definitive edition of The Last of Us. We’re going to talk more about Photo Mode very soon and we’ll have a full FAQ to outline what’s new and what’s changed. 

"Why is there no fixing on the bugs? The Last of Us "Not loading" bug is very popular right now, go on the Technical forums, why is there no help there? Why don't you guys read our messages, we send you? Why don't you guys reply to the Technical forum threads? You guys disappoint me, I've been asking for a fix for a bug, that wouldn't get fixed, and I sent over 20 messages to you guys, most of them say "I don't know", some of them say "I don't work on the singleplayer, but I will forward it to the SP guys", but he really doesn't tell the SP guys, and that was around 2 months ago, and the bug still exists. When is the end of this? I can't even play the Grounded mode, and I purchased it." – RainzFTW

We are constantly looking at bugs and the patches we release take time to build and get passed through testing. If there’s an issue that’s serious please PM us and we’ll get to it as soon as possible. We’re looking at ways to make our technical support a bit more navigable. 

"Would you guys considsr adding David and Marlene to Faction for TLOU? They are both the leaders of the Hunters and Fireflies respectively (as far as I know) and thus apart of the whole Faction fiction the Dogs were going for." - Quinzen8

Putting characters from the single players in the world of Factions was never really on the table. We designed Factions to be personal and want the player to feel like they are in control of the destiny of their clan. 

"Hello Naughty Dog Team, I do not usually come to this forum here. But I am a fan of your work and I am very impressed with everything you have done. There is one thing that I have been very curious of. Is the Naughty Dog team open to any ideas of video game based on genres that have not been done before by the team? Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter were both games that were more of platforming. The Uncharted series and The Last of Us were more of third-person action. Has the team ever considered to experiment with other genres or forms of gameplay? After doing a little research (well, mostly a wiki search), the company has not done a fighting or RPG game in about 20 years. I have heard from multiple articles that Naughty Dog was orignally chosen to create Playstation All Stars, but could not since The Last of Us was still being created. Is there ever a possability of a new game or genre to be made by Naughty Dog in the future?" - ossiecastro5'

We’re all big fans of games and play different kinds of games here. Those are our experiments. As for what comes next, you never know! 

"I guess we may as well get this question out of the way: Will the EU version of TLoU Remastered (multiplayer) be uncensored?" - Danny_J_

There will be no changes from the PS3 version. As we’ve stated before, this is a regional matter and that’s how the game is released. 

"Will there be new Hats in the Remastered version? Hats are life. By that I mean, will we get batches of new Dlc?" - Vorlonator

Hats are life! I love hats too. Yes, there will be new head items. In fact, some of you already got a sneak peak of what those head items will be….

"Do You have any Plans To Add More Factions MP Online Modes On The Last Of Us On The PS3 and PS4 Versions? A Possible Infected Among You While You Fight Hunters vs Fireflys, Attracted By Noise. I feel The PS4 Is Very Capable Of Handling Such A Mode But I Know There Are Balancing Issues." – ThePhenomxx

We’ve addressed this multiple times and our code based would have to be re-written to incorporate infected into the multiplayer. We have no plans of adding new modes to Factions. 

"Will you help me find my pants? On a more serious note, it's been asked, but when will we get our hats? You said it'll be a surprise but what? Am I going to have to propose to ND on Valentine's day on a ferris wheel? Will the hats be free for season passers? Also, co op/infected mode wasn't implemented onto ps3 due to the fact you were pushing the console to its limits. Now that we're talking about a ps4 reboot, surely a co-op/horde mode should easily be possible, no?" - mad__gerbal

Did you check under your dresser? J The hats are coming! Details will be given when the hats will be out when The Last of Us Remastered releases. As for a horde mode, we never said we were considering it. We hear a lot of people asking for it but it’s not just pushing the PS3 to it limits; it was the code base for multiplayer. The amount of time and resources we have to devote just won’t allow us to explore new modes for Factions. 

"One other question for you (please great and merciful ND Gods don't ignore my questions because I had a couple): Is there any chance you might look at the lockbox placement for Interrogation?  There are a large number of maps where one side or the other has a significantly easier time defending their lockbox from aggressors, and not by any small margin.  I've had numerous games simply end the minute a lockbox is revealed to be in an undesirable position and the high level host quit the match.  And while I'm always willing to stick around and try and pull off that underdog victory, a lot of players are not. An example would be High School, where one lockbox is often placed in the upstairs garage which is a modestly attackable position (yes there are 4 entries, but two require you to climb to address the aggressor and one of the remaining two doesn't give you clear line of sight) meanwhile the opposing box is placed out in open where you can be attacked from the locker room or almost any of the many open areas above or below." – Fortesmyth

Good suggestion and we’ll definitely look into this. We’ve adjusted these before and will again as player evolve and get strategies that outwit our designs. 

Previous Q&A with Naughty Dog Threads:

May 2012 | June 2012 | August 2012 | September 2012 | October 2012 | November 2012 | December 2012 | January 2013 | February 2013 |  March 2013 | April 2013 | May 2013 | July 2013 | August 2013 | September 2013 | October 2013 | November 2013 | December 2013 | January 2014 | February 2014 | March 2014 | April 2014 | May 2014 |

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 1 of 33 (2,250 Views)
Fender Bender
2392 posts

Re: ** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: July Edition **

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2014
Why is there a serious lack of action being taken towards cheaters in both Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us multiplayers? Players reported 6+ months ago (to both UC3/TLOUPlayerReport AND Sony's Grief Report page) are still actively running around using infinite health exploits and lag switching. In Uncharted 3, the leaderboards were brought back, and now hackers like Ammar are promoting their YouTube channels which are offering these exploits at a price. Not only is this terrible for your games, your profits, and your profile, you are putting your own customers at risk, Ammar has threatened to steal credit card information from those who bought cheats from him.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Credit-Card-Fraud-amp-Blackmail...

Both you and Sony need to take immediate action, I'm talking console bans, IP bans, ANYTHING that will prevent these players from coming back. And removing the leaderboards from all three of your games would be heavily advised, when I discovered stealth killing players prevents them from moving, Eric told me ND was not interested making my videos public as they didn't want to promote these cheats in any shape or form. If that's the case, how was bringing back the leaderboards a good idea, when clearly there were cheaters still running around?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/ND-you-re-promoting-hackers/td-...

Anyway, on a lighter note (and this isn't a question, but a suggestion), you guys should start promoting Uncharted 4 via Uncharted TV, not only will it increase hype when players see the trailer more frequently, but it might even reach someone who was completely unaware a new game was coming out.
Pepsi
Message 2 of 33 (2,235 Views)
Wastelander
702 posts

Jul 2, 2014
Is there a reason why you guys dont advertise the multiplayer like at all? As strange as it may sound to us, there are still people who have no idea what factions is or that TLOU had any sort of of online play
Message 3 of 33 (2,220 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

Jul 2, 2014

I guess we may as well get this question out of the way:

Will the EU version of TLoU Remastered (multiplayer) be uncensored?

Message 4 of 33 (2,210 Views)
Wastelander
613 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2014

1) Would it be dificult for the Fireflys to get joels sidearm holster and the Hunters to visually tuck sidearms in their pants on ps4?

2) What If the machete executed with its 3rd hit, or anybody with 33% or less health. It could look just like the singleplayer machete kills.

And while removing its refresh on spawn.(maybe remove modding to) Make it so it could have a durability of up to 9 by stacking its durability when purchasing.  This is a must .
Not OP. It has effectively zero range. so it has to be great at slashing.

Durability has always been its downfall so let it do what every other purchasable can do. Stack "ammo"

photo new sig 2_zpsrq3egqdm.jpg
Message 5 of 33 (2,197 Views)
Gaming Beast
1717 posts

Jul 2, 2014
Will there be new Hats in the Remastered version? Hats are life.

By that I mean, will we get batches of new Dlc?
"Only a complete idiot would quote himself" - Vorlonator

^ Click ON DAT For my Youtube Channel! Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 33 (2,191 Views)
Naughty Paw
11455 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2014

Can you guys release some The Last of Us Multiplayer global stats, such as total bullets fired, total kills, revives, etc.?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 7 of 33 (2,182 Views)
Naughty Paw
20302 posts

Jul 2, 2014

Are there any major differences between the Remastered and PS3 versions, besides just performance, visuals, and the condensing of the multiplayer pools? Having some sort of extra stuff in the PS4 version would be very nice.

Message 8 of 33 (2,178 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

Jul 2, 2014

Why is there no fixing on the bugs? The Last of Us "Not loading" bug is very popular right now, go on the Technical forums, why is there no help there? Why don't you guys read our messages, we send you? Why don't you guys reply to the Technical forum threads? You guys disappoint me, I've been asking for a fix for a bug, that wouldn't get fixed, and I sent over 20 messages to you guys, most of them say "I don't know", some of them say "I don't work on the singleplayer, but I will forward it to the SP guys", but he really doesn't tell the SP guys, and that was around 2 months ago, and the bug still exists.

When is the end of this? I can't even play the Grounded mode, and I purchased it.

Message 9 of 33 (2,164 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Jul 2, 2014

Two questions: Is there any chance we'll see more loadout slots in the MP?

I know you don't want infinite options, but even you created 8 premade choices that fit various niches that I'm sure most players would like to tweak in one way or another.  Another point is that while some people build classes around a purpose (ie sniper, medic, melee, stealth), other players often build classes around WEAPONS, of which there are far more than can be assigned to 6 loadouts.  Just my two cents.  Maybe one or two extra load out slots would make all the difference.

Is there any discussion about rebalancing skills point-wise, rebalancing skills, changing the number of points per loadout?  I personally have no issue with the number of points or balancing (outside of the 6 point talents which seem awfully expensive), but I am just curious as there has been much discussion about how some abilities are extremely potent (sharpshooter) vs other abilities that are almost useless (gunslinger, pistol auto zoom).

Message 10 of 33 (2,162 Views)