Oct 29 2012
By: BenjiBoy_09 Splicer 62 posts

UC3 vs UC2 ???

12 replies 561 views Edited Oct 29, 2012

The Uncharted series is amazing and i think one of the best franchise for PS3 and in general.

But which uncharted game is the best out of the Uncharted 2 Among Thieves and Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception.

This is what i think.

• Graphics: Uncharted 3
  • Gameplay (melee hand to hand combat): Uncharted 3
  • Gameplay (weapon aiming etc): Equal many people think uncharted 3's aiming was terrible and i think **bleep** are they talking about it was basically the same.
  • Presentation: Uncharted 3 but uncharted 2 still had an amazing presentation.
  • Sound: Uncharted 3
  • Story: Uncharted 3 why because uncharted 3 wasnt just about finding the lost city and stuff it was also about nathan drake and sullys bromance and how they met etc.
  • Characters: Equal, same main characters but in uncharted 2 i really liked tenzin and shafer and in uncharted 3 i really liked cutter and salim
  • Villian (Boss): Uncharted 2
  • Multiplayer (Competitive): Uncharted 3
  • Multiplayer(Coop): Uncharted 3
  • Multiplayer (balanced): Uncharted 2
  • Polished: Uncharted 2
  • Improvement from its predecessor: Uncharted 2
  • Set Pieces: Equal But i would have to say that uncharted 2 had the best set piece which was the train sequence. But i still think it's equal.

So Overall i think Uncharted 3 is better than Uncharted 2.

But Uncharted 2 is still one of the best games ever and they are 2 AMAZING games that every ps3 owner should own.

So what do you guys think.

feel free to post what uncharted game you think is better out of the 2 and why.  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13 (561 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Re: UC3 vs UC2 ???

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

Graphics shouldn't really be a legitimate category of comparison, being almost every game sequel will have improved basic visuals(texutures and effects). Also, the sound and polish aspects should be included as part of the presentaion category.

Hand to hand combatUncharted 3

Third person shootingEqual (after U3's aiming patch)

Presentation and AudioUncharted 3 (Essentially equal, top notch production values in each Uncharted sequel. However, I give it to Uncharted 3 because I prefer that soundtrack.)

StoryUncharted 3 (the intelligent plot trumps every other Uncharted game by miles)

CharactersEqual

Competitive MultiplayerUncharted 3

Cooperative MultiplayerUncharted 2 (because it was much more seamlessly blended and elegantly transitioned directly from the single player than Uncharted 3. I loathe Uncharted 3 co op at harder difficulties because it's so artificially challenging)

Improvement from its predecessorUncharted 2 (UDF is still a great game though)

Set piecesUncharted 3 (just barely, in my opinion)

I'm going to add this category...

CampaignEqual (U3 irrefutably has the superior narrative, but Uncharted 2's length and has just as phenomenally enjoyable gameplay  throughout put it on par)

OverallUncharted 3

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 2 of 13 (546 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

Oct 30, 2012

I completely agree with what you just wrote, except for Uncharted 2 having better cooperative multiplayer but i do understand when you said uncharted 2 coop was more challenging no doubt it was, cause in Uncharted 3 you had to make the difficulty on crushing to get a real challenge. But i think overall uncharted 3 had a better cooperative multiplayer because they had coop adventure, coop arena and more and when fans said they wanted coop to have a story line for Uncharted 3 naughty dog delievered and basically the coop in Uncharted 3 had more of a variety to do. Uncharted 2 had a coop game mode where it was just about putting the treasure in the chest over and over again which was way to repetitive.

Message 3 of 13 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Oct 30, 2012

BenjiBoy_09 wrote:

I completely agree with what you just wrote, except for Uncharted 2 having better cooperative multiplayer but i do understand when you said uncharted 2 coop was more challenging no doubt it was, cause in Uncharted 3 you had to make the difficulty on crushing to get a real challenge. But i think overall uncharted 3 had a better cooperative multiplayer because they had coop adventure, coop arena and more and when fans said they wanted coop to have a story line for Uncharted 3 naughty dog delievered and basically the coop in Uncharted 3 had more of a variety to do. Uncharted 2 had a coop game mode where it was just about putting the treasure in the chest over and over again which was way to repetitive.

Well sure at the release date of Uncharted 2 compared to 3 the co op didn't have as many maps or modes, but because the enemy AI was directly ported from the single player to the co op in U2 it equates to a better experience. U3 co op is meh because of the moronic enemies, trivial headshots, and bullet sponge bosses.

Message 4 of 13 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Yea you have a point there. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Uncharted 3 co op is still enjoyable on easy or normal as long as there are no Pak-80 brutes or kickback co op bosses.

Message 6 of 13 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Nov 1, 2012

yea so what do think about the final boss battle for 2 and 3.

i say equal cause imo uncharted 2's final boss was epic cause of lazarevic chasing and hunting you and stuff and uncharted 3's because it was awesome having a knife/hand to hand combat fight while u were on a moving platform going down a huge sand hill but i dont know, i kinda find uncharted 3's better i dont know?? what do u think??

Message 7 of 13 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

BenjiBoy_09 wrote:

yea so what do think about the final boss battle for 2 and 3.

i say equal cause imo uncharted 2's final boss was epic cause of lazarevic chasing and hunting you and stuff and uncharted 3's because it was awesome having a knife/hand to hand combat fight while u were on a moving platform going down a huge sand hill but i dont know, i kinda find uncharted 3's better i dont know?? what do u think??

I actually prefer the Talbot battle purely because it was a mano a mano brawl.

Message 8 of 13 (401 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 15, 2012

While I do believe Uncharted 2 Among Thieves to be the more consistent game, I personaly prefer Uncharted 3.

The plot in Uncharted 2 is handled better to a degree, but I also like that Uncharted 3's plot was at times far more subtle. But UC2 certinaly has the better plot overall.

Gameplay is improved in Uncharted 3, although a patch was obviously needed. Diagonal movement of the reticle was not instantly responisive like it was in UC2. However hand-to-hand and stealth have seen some improvements. Also adding the ability to toss grenades back was implemented incredibly well, bringing in a sense of danger by making it an issue of timing, forcing the player to be precise.

But they did remove the ability for your enemies to recognize when the player attempted to fire their weapon but had no ammo. Once this happend the enemies would quickly advance on your position. This was a great touch, sorely missed in UC3.

But overall I felt the environments were better utilized in terms of gameplay variety in UC3. Giving the player agency when choosing how to approach a combat situation. Stealth felt like a far more prominent feature this time around and one I utilized quite often to mix up the gameplay keeping the experience constantly fresh. I also felt traversal combat to be more useful this time around.

The puzzles of UC3 easily outclassed previous titles as well, although the second half was completely void of them. I must say that I did find the pacing of UC3 to be uneven, whereas UC2 was near perfect in this category. But overall I must say that Uncharted 3 has the better gameplay in my opinion.

The visuals in Uncharted 3 are incredible, the amount of detial on screen, the light coming through the trees, the sand rolling down the dunes, and so forth. While UC2 still looks fanstastic, Uncharted 3 is the better looking game at the end of the day.

Sound design goes to Uncharted 3 as well. Weapons sound like they have a bit more impact. I also felt UC3 had a better distinction between indoor and outdoor environments when moving about and/or firing weapons. While UC2 is great in the audio department, I just feel that UC3 had more detail and was more satisfying for the ears.

Multiplayer was a more balanced affair in Uncharted 2, but I do believe that Uncharted 3 had enough new features and improvements to warrant it a win for this category.

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is the more polished title, this is not even debatable really.

Uncharted 2 also made more improvements over its predecessor, it really was better than the first in every possible way.

Setpieces in Uncharted 3 are fanstastic, the Caravan section, was incredible... easily outdoing the Convoy chapter of Uncharted 2. The Cruise Ship was incredible, one of the best areas created for the series and easily trumps anything from previous titles. The Cargo Plane is also fantastic. The quality of these playable action setpieces is unmatched in gaming, Uncharted 3 takes this one.

Uncharted 2 is certainly the more conistent title, but not neccassarily the better one. When it comes down to it, Uncharted 3 is the superior title I think. The gameplay has been improved, the visuals, sound design, multiplayer (local splitscreen FTW) and so forth. I have to say it's easily my favourite game, and after 5 playthroughs of UC3 in only a year, I still enjoy it more than anything else.

Although it's worth noting that I was dissapointed with Uncharted 3 after completing my first playthrough, it grew on me however during the second go. I think it's a game that few give a second chance, often letting their insanely unrealistic expectations skew their judgement of Uncharted 3.

Message 9 of 13 (318 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 19, 2012

I think that the Uncharted 3 Campaign is better than Uncharted 2 Campaign, but I think that Uncharted 2 has the overall better multiplayer. If they got rid or fixed the KAL-7, then Uncharted 3 would be the better multiplayer.

Message 10 of 13 (296 Views)
0 Likes