Message 31 of 40 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Re: Tomb raider = Uncharted 3.5?

Jan 4, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Does that developer have any multiplayer experience? If not, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

i woulden't count them out yet, look at Uncharted 2 

lets just hope its UC2.5 (not 3.5) Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 40 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jan 4, 2013

My god i'm getting so sick of some of you comparing every **bleep** game to Uncharted.

Wasn't Uncharted inspired by Tomb Raider's platforming & puzzles? It definitely was, those things are still in the new TR game along with some new features such as an upgrade system, big explorable places (hubs) and more.

Of course the new TR was inspired by Uncharted in some aspects but no way is it trying to copy Uncharted, it can very well stand on its own feet. Uncharted focuses more on combat while the new TR focuses heavily on exploration and puzzles.

My point is all games inspire each other, stop calling it a COPY, there's a huge difference.

Also let's not act like Uncharted invented multiplayer, TR's mp will be very different since the maps have traps and all kinds of stuff that differs from UC's mp.

Everything I said is coming from someone who is a huge fan of both franchises, i'm just saying this before people start shouting "fanboy" at me which some immature people tend to do here.

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 33 of 40 (170 Views)
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Jan 4, 2013

The forum's fetish for comparing every major release with multiplayer (such as AC3, Tomb Raider, etc.) and how it's similar to Uncharted or going to kill Uncharted's community can be traced back to a certain someone who hyped the hell out of Max Payne 3 and its multiplayer on the forums only to find, much to his horror, on the day of Max Payne 3's release no one to play with. 'cause everyone was still too busy playing UC3 or one of the big Activi/EA games atm to care about Payne.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 34 of 40 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

The forum's fetish for comparing every major release with multiplayer (such as AC3, Tomb Raider, etc.) and how it's similar to Uncharted or going to kill Uncharted's community can be traced back to a certain someone who hyped the hell out of Max Payne 3 and its multiplayer on the forums only to find, much to his horror, on the day of Max Payne 3's release no one to play with. 'cause everyone was still too busy playing UC3 or one of the big Activi/EA games atm to care about Payne.

I think the comparisons and the news of new 3rd peron shooter MPs is useful to someone like myself, who doesnt buy many games. Im excited for Tomb Raider to come out now, in part because of the chatter here and from PSN friends.

Ive been looking for another good 3rd person shooter MP since UC2. I have UC3, but will be eyeing Last of Us and Tomb Raider closely.

TL;DR: In my opinion there is value in these discussions about other, apparently similar, games.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 35 of 40 (136 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1129 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

I like the old Tomb Raider Games but...  I don't know how this Particular one will turn out. Wait n' See I guess...

Message 36 of 40 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
5928 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Thread moved from the UC3 Multiplayer section.
Message 37 of 40 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jan 5, 2013

How the hell is this thread better in this section? It should be closed fully.

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 38 of 40 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jan 7, 2013

chaystic wrote:

My god i'm getting so sick of some of you comparing every **bleep** game to Uncharted.

Wasn't Uncharted inspired by Tomb Raider's platforming & puzzles? It definitely was, those things are still in the new TR game along with some new features such as an upgrade system, big explorable places (hubs) and more.

Of course the new TR was inspired by Uncharted in some aspects but no way is it trying to copy Uncharted, it can very well stand on its own feet. Uncharted focuses more on combat while the new TR focuses heavily on exploration and puzzles.

My point is all games inspire each other, stop calling it a COPY, there's a huge difference.

Also let's not act like Uncharted invented multiplayer, TR's mp will be very different since the maps have traps and all kinds of stuff that differs from UC's mp.

Everything I said is coming from someone who is a huge fan of both franchises, i'm just saying this before people start shouting "fanboy" at me which some immature people tend to do here.

No where on these forums have i said that this game is a copy of uncharted. There is a fine difference between calling it a rip off and comparing it. TR is likely to be the closest game to Uncharted and because of this the Uncharted community us interested. 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 39 of 40 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Jan 10, 2013
I was at first annoyed at the similarity between the two. Then I started thinking about the fact that I love that kind of mp so whats wrong with more. I also like the fact that its only 8 players. It shouldn't be so chaotic.
They're launching with only 5 maps though. Hopefully they add to that soon after launchSmiley Happy
Message 40 of 40 (72 Views)
0 Likes