Keyblade Wielder
7083 posts

Re: Tomb raider = Uncharted 3.5?

Jan 4, 2013

I feel as though the multiplayer will be "meh" at best, but I'm ready to be proven wrong. I mean Uncharted did this same thing basically right?

A what we thought was just an amazing single-player game comes with multiplayer in it's second installment and ends up doing pretty well, even continueing its multiplayer in the current UC3.

In other words, although it seems like the multiplayer will be tacked on for $; Uncharted started out this way and although it isn't the greatest multiplayer experience out there...it is pretty good.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 21 of 40 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Uncharted 3.16*

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 22 of 40 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

I am predicting "crap in a box" to start the MP off for Tomb Raider.  Anything else would be a total shock.  This title might end up having a "Max Pane 3" type of MP---all fluff and no substance--- which was pure crap of the lowest order. 

My prediction:  PAIN. 

I'll let others buy the title and muck through it.  If if turns up crap, NO PURCHASE.  Wait and see to be sure. 

Message 23 of 40 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
598 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I'm not expecting anything spectacular, but I don't intend to skip out on the whole game just because of a sub-par multiplayer. 

I am the one who knocks.
Message 24 of 40 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Jan 4, 2013

The last of us = uncharted 3.5

tomb raider = uncharted 3.5

max payne 3 = uncharted 3.5

lets just compare every third person game with uc3  oh yeah and i forgot star wars 1313 = uncharted 3.5

Message 25 of 40 (303 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Okay, what a thread title this is... Tomb Raider =/= Uncharted. Why everyone is comparing the two games, is beyond me. I'm not talking about this forum in particular, I'm talking about the general gamer. They're both very different games with some similarities, but every game is similar nowadays. People are giving Uncharted too much credit. Let's not forget which game influenced which in the first place. I could go on for days and days talking about why Tomb Raider isn't copying Uncharted, but I wont. Feel free to ask me and I will explain the differences. Smiley Very Happy
SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

I am predicting "crap in a box" to start the MP off for Tomb Raider.  Anything else would be a total shock.  This title might end up having a "Max Pane 3" type of MP---all fluff and no substance--- which was pure crap of the lowest order. 

My prediction:  PAIN. 

I'll let others buy the title and muck through it.  If if turns up crap, NO PURCHASE.  Wait and see to be sure. 

Crap in a box? My gosh... Okay, first of all, you don't have to compare Max Payne 3 to Tomb Raider, as they're both very different games. Max Payne 3 is totally different gameplay wise. xD You still don't know much about the MP, but judging by what they've told us so far, it sounds VERY promising. This could be a new ''Uncharted 2''. 

My prediction: GOLD.

So you're saying that you'd buy this game for its MP? Everyone's buying it for its Single Player. The MP is just a bonus.

I don't understand people who see Tomb Raider as a threat for Uncharted. Let the two AWESOME game franchises live in peace and harmony. I'm a very proud TR+UC fan. I've even written some Lara + Drake fan fics. xD

--
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 26 of 40 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I just hope between Last of Us and Tomb Raider ill find a #2 MP behind UC3.

Not gonna buy either on the release date, but ill be creeping youtube and forums hard.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 27 of 40 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 4, 2013

i think tomb raider will be alot different than uncharted.

The only thing these two games have in common are the attempted cinematic feel to them.

I saw a vid yesterday on the various types of puzzles and such in tomb raider and it's alot different than uncharted.

if you want to compare though, then indiana jones is copying king solomons mine.

uncharted is copying indiana jones while tomb raider was a guys idea to have a hot chick kicking butt and looking for treasure.

Message 28 of 40 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Jan 4, 2013

It can't possibly be a bad MP game.. They finished the campaign almost a year ago, they must have been working on the MP for that time until now.

Unless they are like ND and just sat back with a box of cigars laughing about how they are going to make a profit off fools.

Message 29 of 40 (230 Views)
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

It can't possibly be a bad MP game.. They finished the campaign almost a year ago, they must have been working on the MP for that time until now.

Unless they are like ND and just sat back with a box of cigars laughing about how they are going to make a profit off fools.

Hmm cigars with whisky lovely... Smiley Embarassed

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 40 (222 Views)
0 Likes