So we're having The Last of Us for PS3, but Nuaghty Dog has two teams. That means we can expect they reveal something new for the PS4 on February 20.
What do you think it will be?
Yeah, it could be, but check the requirements for the job of "Character Artist" at Naughty Dog:
- Responsible for making million poly models game ready, and support highest-res character for renderings. Create clean, deformable and efficient models, extract normal maps from high-res versions and sculpt morph targets for use within a Maya/ZBrush pipeline.
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Animation & Visual Effect, or Games Design, or foreign equivalent, or in a related field.
- One (1) year of experience in job offered.
- Require experience with normal map extraction of human models and advanced knowledge of human anatomy.
- A foreign degree adjudged as a similar US degree by an authorized US credential evaluator.
This got my attention, specially the "million poly models game ready" part. Next Gen maybe?
What a wasteland it's become
My guess is that they will unveil something at E3 2014 (trailer included) because right now they must be creating a new engine (Naughty Dog Engine 4.0), which will be ready by mid 2013. Just my guess.
I'd rather have a new IP than another Uncharted, I mean they're great but...another one!? I would prefer to play something new that takes advantages of the PS4.