Jul 18 2012
By: Balfredmcgee First Son 1 posts

Jak 4

[ Edited ]
11 replies 373 views Edited Jul 18, 2012

I think i speak for a lot of people when i say its time for a jak 4, i know that the uncharted series is very popular and i even enjoy it but there have been 3 straight uncharted games its time to give the fans what they want. I have read the whole Gameinformer article about how The Last of us was going to be jak 4 before they ran into problems and while im super excited for The Last of us i also realize that this now leaves the uncharted team free, i never understand why developers feel like they have to overhaul games just because there bringing them back after a few years, you know what your fans liked about the jak and daxter series Naughty Dog its not that complicated. In closing know that this is coming from a huge fan of all your games and i am stoked for The Last of us and eventually Uncharted 4 but please do one more Jak and daxter game to satisfy the fans we have been asking for a long time too long in fact. I would love to hear what others think on the subject i know there are other forum posts about jak 4 but i wanted to make a fresh one to revive the discussion. Thanks very much.

Message 1 of 12 (373 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Re: Jak 4

Jul 19, 2012

Yes there are so many things they can do. I thought I was literally dreaming when I heard the Remastered Collection was coming out. Bought that and paid it off first day. Even though ps3 is out and thats the new gen J&D remains and always be be my number one fav game series. I prefer Jak over Uncharted and Heavy Rain. Theres so much potential they can put into Jak on a ps3. The problem with Lost Frontier which was made by High Games Impact was they tried to make a cartoonish type game into a realistic game like uncharted, they greatly failed at that. Taking out his light powers and degrading his dark powers was another problem. You have to keep the light powers and dark powers intact. Anyway I have encouraged ppl to buy the Jak Collection(ps3), ive not only been trying to get ppl to experience one of the best game series on ps2, but also ive been trying to help out ND and other fan of the series by pushing the sales for a more indefinite Jak 4. ive gotten a lot of ppl to buy Jak Coll and someday buy it. Ive never given up on Jak or ND, not in these 9yrs (almost a decade) not ever.

Ive beens so dedicated that I actually came up with my own ideas and plots for jak 4. The best story out of my 3 was that the story leading up into how he became Mars and us actually seeing him becomes mars. Im just going to say some of my short ideas. While in the story/plot theres this decision jak makes for the better of himself and the city which requires a sacrifice of all dark powers so he can be an all straight out light eco user. Then being known as a true hero and no more called a dark eco freak, etc. Although what im about to say is sad it could be a possibility. For the ending Jak ether dies for a reason that has to do with haven city or some balance of somes sort and daxter goes on to live as a precursor or daxter can die along side with jak. Or Jak survives some massive war in the end which seemed to be suicide mission for haven city. Then at the very end daxter gets told that his legacy is really to be with the precursors and that he was with Jak because they were destined to work together. And Jak who will be called mars will be known as a light sage of haven city. I have so many other ideas, i know that all sounded somewhat not balanced but those were just some segments of my overall idealistic plot, I actually have a beginning to end story lol which of course also has the game play mechanics, powers, weapons etc lol. Possible title name could be Jak 4: Mars Legacy

One thing im dissaspointed with ND that I really want yall to add more to is the avatar selection on PSN. Theres not a lot of avatars at all Smiley Sad I was looking forward to LIGHT JAK avatars, and more Jak 3 and 1 avatars. Ive bought more then half of the avatars and switch every once and a while, but I really wanted and other ppl to a Jak 2 avatar with scarf on, Jak 3 avi with scarf on, light jak avi's etc..

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 2 of 12 (349 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jak 4

Aug 19, 2012

Naughty Dog, i am amazed with every game you make and cannot wait each one of them, but there is one series that drives me more crazy than any other game on this earth, it would be Jak. I understand that you get so many fan mail asking you to make a new one and i understand that you are trying to move on and make new things, and i know that you dont want to just listen to what we want from you all day because you want to do what you guys think is the best. If you are reading this by any chance, i know there had to be more reasoning why you released the HD Collection for Jak, there had to be some interest in starting the series up again, seeing how many true fans you still have, and that had to have shown you that people still crave a new Jak game. I go on youtube and search for Jak 4 so many times just hoping for something, knowing there won't be anything (because i just checked 20 minutes ago haha) I am waiting for a new game to really conclude that Jak series or even better continue it, and i will always be. You let High Impact Games make a terrible game with Jak and Daxters name basically slapped right onto it, i was crazy that there was a new game coming out and then when i got it, i was completely disappointed and my hopes and wonders of everything left to be explained vanished, and that wasn't what anyone wanted. everyone would have rathered it not be made at all because it just gives Jak a bad name. You said in an interview about the Last Of Us that "you didn't know how to make a Jak game"??? You are Naughty Dog. You, are, Naughty Dog. I was even more crushed that you said that you, Naughty Dog my inspiration of creativity, did not know how to continue there genius story. There was too many things that were left open and they needed explaining and the ending that says "we have plenty more adventures ahead of us" requires there to be a new Jak game by you, not a horrendous spin-off by high impact games but one to continue or conclude you most famous and beloved franchise. Jak is really what defined you as what you are, as much as a great game crash, Jak made you my and many many others, our favorite game developer. There is so much left to be told and i cant give up hope that one day you will bring back Jak and Daxter and i will keep trying to persuade you to make us the game that we all want. you can make Jak 4 and it will be the best Jak i ever played because i will know that you guys made it for us!!! Jak 4 Will Be Made By NAUGHTY DOG and JAK 4 will be your best choice you ever made.

tips: the lost frontier never existed, Jaks hair should be like in jak 3 not a buzz cut, Gol and Maia's return? "the dark eco probably destroyed them, probably", and remember that this WILL be your BEST decision you ever make.

Message 3 of 12 (272 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Aug 19, 2012

Ok first let me say more then anything im a true dedicated J&D fan and more then anything want another Jak game, but let me run a couple things across you. ND always thought about putting the HD collection on PS3, but it wasn't them who actually took action first. Mass Media spoke to ND and asked them about putting the original games on PS3. Mass Media encouraged ND to do so.

Lost Frontier. That games plot was actually written by ND, I dont know about the designs & gameplay and stuff but ND wrote the story for the Lost Frontier.

This right here is most important. Ok ND started out as 2 ppl, the CO founders. Yes there was 2 CO founders. They made Jak 1 & 2 with a small team they soon developed. Both Co founders of the Jak games and ND started thinking about new goals to pursue. So they made their choice that they were going to leave ND and entrust it to someone else there, but before doing so they decided they wanted to make a Jak 3 to conclude the series & conclude their departure with it. They intended and wanted Jak 3 to be the last of the series because they wanted it to end as a trilogy. I understand the Co founders aren't the full makers of jak, but they founded Jak and made him who he was. They had the main effort of making him and the plot of course. ND is most likely struggling making a new game because some of the ppl there are new. They have more new workers there then their were workers who made the game. Also they said their game engine works best with realistic games. Without the Co founders of jak and new ppl trying to make a game they were never apart of, is hard. 

I forgot to include that, because Jak was intended to end as a trilogy the next game would also have to be a reboot. So a reboot is mandatory basically.

When I found out the truth about all of this I lost hope. ND wrote LF plot, Co founders of ND & jak left years ago, moving on to the Last of Us and saying Jak isn't really working out on a realistic engine.

Ive been so confused for almost a decade. I had ideas racked up for a Jak 4, but when I realized the next Jak game was suppose to be a reboot all my hard worked ideas were futile and vaguely forgotten in a short time. Even I can barely come up with ideas for a reboot. There was so much put into Jak 2 & 3. Its had for big additions.

Only time will tell.
Message 4 of 12 (270 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 25, 2012

Alright first let me tell you i wasn't talking to you, i was talking to naughty dog, who i know a lot about, which you felt the need to tell me about Jason Rubin and Andy Gavin as if i didn't know much about naughty dog and i know a lot more about them then you most likely. what you said by the way is incorrect, naughty dog didn't write the story for the lost frontier, if they wanted to take that role they would have just did the game themselves. the series by the way was also purposefully left open saying "there are many more adventures ahead of us" so that if one day they wanted to continue the series, they could. they had no part in the lost frontier and i know a lot about naughty dog and every thing they do, i have been a follower of them since Crash Bandicoot.

i did not intend for you to reply to this, and i am not going to argue with you about this because i dont usually go on forums so if you reply to me don't expect an answer back, i most likely wont answer or look.

Message 5 of 12 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Aug 25, 2012

I dont care if you'll reply or not. You making an excuse, your in denial and your spreading lies. Your wrong about everything you said. Im also pretty sure I know more about ND then you, judging by your lack of knowledge. 

A developer doesn't have to make the game just because they make the ideas for it. Like I said ND did develop the Jak Plot. Its not exactly a common thing that ppl know. I didn't find out until later myself. Now as far as the character model, gameplay. I don't know. ND didn't make the full game but they did pitch in just liked they helped Mass Media with J&D Collection. That Quotation from Jak 3 also btw doesn't mean what you think it means. That doesn't mean the series plot was left open for more ideas. Just the game. Jak 4 could never exist. The games was to end as a trilogy. Any future games would have to be a reboot. Thats why The Last Of Us was suppose to be that Jak reboot game. Your obviously not a true and accurate follower. ND pitched in for J&D Collection, PlayStation Move Heroes and Lost Frontier. I do my full extensive reasearch all the time, so when your ready to stop trolling or whatever your trying to do then understand that im right. 

Only time will tell.
Message 6 of 12 (231 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Aug 28, 2012

Bluediamond knows more about ND, but I don't think it really matters . But from what i can tell is that you obviously dont know as much as you think. The Lost Frontier was in fact written by ND. ND did actually help with High Impact Games on The Lost Frontier. The reason they didnt make the game themeselves was because they were busy with Uncharted, as you would already know. Bluediamond wasn't questioning your knowledge either, we was just telling you some facts. So just deal with it. The reason a new Jak game hasnt been made is due to the fact that the franchise itself limits ND's full potential. The solution to this would be expanding the game it all levels, but by doing this changes what Jak is about. Who knows what the Uncharted team is working on right now, it could be a new Jak, and as much as i would like it to be that, i highly doubt it.

And by the way judging by your maturity in the way you write, you are probably 14 years old. Meaning that although you may be a fan of ND, your just overcompensating the amount of knowledge you dont know about them. Most game companies leave hints that they may be returning to a franchise just in case they do want to, keep in mind.

Anyway the whole point of this message was to tell you to stop being so naive about things and that just because ND said they want to go back to Jak doesnt neccasarily mean that they will.

And ND if you are reading this, please make another Jak game.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 12 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

Daratax wrote:

Bluediamond knows more about ND, but I don't think it really matters . But from what i can tell is that you obviously dont know as much as you think. The Lost Frontier was in fact written by ND. ND did actually help with High Impact Games on The Lost Frontier. The reason they didnt make the game themeselves was because they were busy with Uncharted, as you would already know. Bluediamond wasn't questioning your knowledge either, we was just telling you some facts. So just deal with it. The reason a new Jak game hasnt been made is due to the fact that the franchise itself limits ND's full potential. The solution to this would be expanding the game it all levels, but by doing this changes what Jak is about. Who knows what the Uncharted team is working on right now, it could be a new Jak, and as much as i would like it to be that, i highly doubt it.

And by the way judging by your maturity in the way you write, you are probably 14 years old. Meaning that although you may be a fan of ND, your just overcompensating the amount of knowledge you dont know about them. Most game companies leave hints that they may be returning to a franchise just in case they do want to, keep in mind.

Anyway the whole point of this message was to tell you to stop being so naive about things and that just because ND said they want to go back to Jak doesnt neccasarily mean that they will.

And ND if you are reading this, please make another Jak game.  Smiley Very Happy

I am pretty sure they will go back to jak after TLOU. I have my reasons into why I think they will do it, but there is one game that stands in its way UC4. Apparently if UC4 is a higher demand, ND said they will go into that instead of another Jak. Its common sense they are more UC fans then J&D fans. This problem will have to be resolved. Im afraid and its most likely once PS4 comes out or once the next UC game comes out, Jak's fate for another game of his being released will be sealed and obselete. 

btw thanks for the help... when I was talking to that other guy.

Only time will tell.
Message 8 of 12 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Yeah I really hope they will go back to Jak. A couple of years ago i was convinced that ND would go back due to the number if hints they (Evan Wells mainly)  were dropping. It was only until when they addressed to game informer that they tried to do a reboot and it didn't work out that i lost some faith. I do believe they will go back to it eventually, but in wont be any time soon and definantly wont be on ps3 in my opinion.

Message 9 of 12 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

Daratax wrote:

Yeah I really hope they will go back to Jak. A couple of years ago i was convinced that ND would go back due to the number if hints they (Evan Wells mainly)  were dropping. It was only until when they addressed to game informer that they tried to do a reboot and it didn't work out that i lost some faith. I do believe they will go back to it eventually, but in wont be any time soon and definantly wont be on ps3 in my opinion.

It would have to be on PS3. Chances are one more game might be made judging by this struggle so in this case it would be made on PS3. Wouldn't make sense to bring a game series last game onto the start of the PS4 era. I also say because of these problems with another Jak game we should get every game ND made, in HD on PS3. Like Jak X & The Trilogy Movie- http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Jak-and-Daxter-Series-General/Jak-amp-Daxter-Trilogy-Dvd-Movi...

Only time will tell.
Message 10 of 12 (188 Views)
0 Likes