Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/28/2003
Offline
6169 posts
 

Re: experimental, indie, freak folk, rock, weird music (hipster bs)

Sep 29, 2008

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=voimb846cSU

 

Damn yous alls!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 40 of 296 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/11/2006
Offline
8292 posts
 

Re: experimental, indie, freak folk, rock, weird music (hipster bs)

Sep 30, 2008
Did anyone make mention of Don Caballero?

Just started listening to some samples and within minutes went "I NEED THIS NOW!"

Good stuff.... math rock is quickly becoming one of my favorite genres. =D

It's like if King Crimson upped the technicality and dropped the prog, or if free form jazz met prog rock. D= So good.
Message 41 of 296 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/18/2008
Offline
1085 posts
 

Re: experimental, indie, freak folk, rock, weird music (hipster bs)

Sep 30, 2008

canadaman1 wrote:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=voimb846cSU

 

Damn yous alls!!!!!!!!!!!!


 

that was cool

 

Muchmusic, the canadian music station USED to play music like this so it was easier to find music like this but now....not so much

Message 42 of 296 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/28/2003
Offline
6169 posts
 

Re: experimental, indie, freak folk, rock, weird music (hipster bs)

Sep 30, 2008

Jangaboo wrote:

canadaman1 wrote:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=voimb846cSU

 

Damn yous alls!!!!!!!!!!!!


 

that was cool

 

Muchmusic, the canadian music station USED to play music like this so it was easier to find music like this but now....not so much


 

Hey Rosetta! is great, the best band to come out of Newfoundland in a while. http://www.myspace.com/heyrosetta
Message 43 of 296 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 03/26/2005
Offline
10772 posts
 

Re: experimental, indie, freak folk, rock, weird music (hipster bs)

Sep 30, 2008

Foals - Antidotes

 

 

 

Balloons

 

Cassius 

 

Two Steps, Twice

 

Indie rock/pop with flairs of dance punk. Lots and lots of fun. 

Message 44 of 296 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 03/26/2005
Offline
10772 posts
 

Re: experimental, indie, freak folk, rock, weird music (hipster bs)

Sep 30, 2008

Chaos92 wrote:
Did anyone make mention of Don Caballero?

Just started listening to some samples and within minutes went "I NEED THIS NOW!"

Good stuff.... math rock is quickly becoming one of my favorite genres. =D

It's like if King Crimson upped the technicality and dropped the prog, or if free form jazz met prog rock. D= So good.

Ok mister "I LISTEN TO WHAT I LIKE AND NOT WHAT CONOR RECOMMENDS"........ :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

 

I told you to just listen to me bebbeh. :3 

Message 45 of 296 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/09/2007
Offline
2106 posts
 

Re: experimental, indie, freak folk, rock, weird music (hipster bs)

Sep 30, 2008

i love this thread.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VGJLkHcxrU

 

Crystal Antlers^ 

Message 46 of 296 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 03/26/2005
Offline
10772 posts
 

Re: experimental, indie, freak folk, rock, weird music (hipster bs)

Sep 30, 2008

ConeMcCaslin wrote:

i love this thread.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VGJLkHcxrU

 

Crystal Antlers^ 


I love you too :3

Message 47 of 296 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/11/2006
Offline
8292 posts
 

Re: experimental, indie, freak folk, rock, weird music (hipster bs)

Sep 30, 2008

amidamaru666 wrote:

Chaos92 wrote:
Did anyone make mention of Don Caballero?

Just started listening to some samples and within minutes went "I NEED THIS NOW!"

Good stuff.... math rock is quickly becoming one of my favorite genres. =D

It's like if King Crimson upped the technicality and dropped the prog, or if free form jazz met prog rock. D= So good.

Ok mister "I LISTEN TO WHAT I LIKE AND NOT WHAT CONOR RECOMMENDS"........ :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

 

I told you to just listen to me bebbeh. :3 


Who said that?

Don Caballero = mega win. Need more really technical math rock. I found a whole bunch of band names I'm most likely going to check out later and see if I'm into it but I have hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of homework I must do before any break time even.
Message 48 of 296 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 03/26/2005
Offline
10772 posts
 

Re: experimental, indie, freak folk, rock, weird music (hipster bs)

Sep 30, 2008

Chaos92 wrote:


Who said that?

Don Caballero = mega win. Need more really technical math rock. I found a whole bunch of band names I'm most likely going to check out later and see if I'm into it but I have hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of homework I must do before any break time even.

Ok don't even start, sillypants.

 

So are you getting on AIM or not..... 

Message 49 of 296 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes