Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 25 2008
By: RandomHero101 Keyblade Wielder 11045 posts

Rcommend me some stuff guys

8 replies 5 views Edited Aug 25, 2008
So, I need some new songs, just a few so don't go crazy on me here. If you have anything for me that's just slow acoustic stuff, especially if it's just acoustic guitar, no other instruments. No matter how much I love metal and heavy intense songs, I love listening to mellow stuff. Give me something people, anything. I need those hidden gems guys. Also, as a side note, and testament fans, what are their heaviest, and or thrashiest songs? All the testament I've heard is alright, but nothing mind blowing. Blow my mind testament fans.
Message 1 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8292 posts

Re: Rcommend me some stuff guys

Aug 25, 2008
If you don't already have the Colma and Electric Tears albums by Buckethead both are albums full of what you're looking for.

I believe Steve Hackett has a few acoustic albums as well, you might know him better if I mention he was the guitarist in Genesis, his solo work is quite good too.
Message 2 of 9 (5 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
11045 posts

Aug 25, 2008

Chaos92 wrote:
If you don't already have the Colma and Electric Tears albums by Buckethead both are albums full of what you're looking for.

I believe Steve Hackett has a few acoustic albums as well, you might know him better if I mention he was the guitarist in Genesis, his solo work is quite good too.
I've heard some songs from those buckethead albums, but never fully checked them out. I'll do that . THanks.
Message 3 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9229 posts

Aug 25, 2008
As far as acoustic stuff goes, you might enjoy Jack Johnson.

Message 4 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3416 posts

Aug 25, 2008

RAND0MH3R0 wrote:
So, I need some new songs, just a few so don't go crazy on me here. If you have anything for me that's just slow acoustic stuff, especially if it's just acoustic guitar, no other instruments. No matter how much I love metal and heavy intense songs, I love listening to mellow stuff. Give me something people, anything. I need those hidden gems guys. Also, as a side note, and testament fans, what are their heaviest, and or thrashiest songs? All the testament I've heard is alright, but nothing mind blowing. Blow my mind testament fans.

Matt Costa

Brett Dennen (So Much More is a GREAT CD.)

Jon Foreman (Singer from Switchfoot) - His solo EP's Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter

Raine Maida's solo album "The Hunter's Lullaby"

Iron & Wine (Endless Numbered Days is one of my all time favorite albums)

Message 5 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3003 posts

Aug 26, 2008

There are so many acoustic interlude type songs on metal and prog albums, it's hard to find good ones that you would want to listen to on their own 

Not 100% acoustic, but certainly mellow: Nightrage -A New Disease is Born (song)

For acoustic music in general, just check the easy listening/new age section  : ) or classical performers like Andres Segovia or John Williams.

Message 6 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8116 posts

Aug 26, 2008
Try out the genre Neo Folk. Check out Nest's "The Last Vestige of Joy."
Message 7 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32935 posts

Aug 26, 2008

This might not be as full-on accoustic as you are looking for, but check out this forgotten gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7CGvW7r5cw

It's Lily Was Here, by Candy Dulfer.  Lots of smooth guitar and smokey saxophone.  I think this might put you in the mood you're trying to reach.  If you like this, I can think of a few more like it.

Message 8 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Aug 26, 2008
Adieu by Enter Shikari. That's the best acoustic song I've ever heard. Enter Shikari is an awesome band, and I would recommend checking them out.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes