Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
520 posts

Re: Favorite Era of Music?

Dec 8, 2008

ClinToN wrote:

I'm an era jumper. I dig stuff before my birth. Anywhere from the early days of Rock with cats like Chuck Berry ripping up the stages for the very first time to the new blues and jazzy days of Ella Fitzgerald and Lois Armstrong.

Forward to the late 60's when music went back to the documenting of social and political views.  Can't forget thet 70's when reggae music was finally seeing the mainstream lights. I especially enjoyed the 80's because this is the era I really grew up the most in. Corny pop tunes, hard rock and love ballads but I enjoyed them.

And then the 90's when some of the arguably best hiphop and grunge music was released.

2000- and beyond...not the greatest imo.

In conclusion, I can't pick one era. Sorry for the long story.

Totally agree with you, although there is some good music post-2000 if you look for it.  Just not AS good as earlier generations.  My favorite eras in music have to be the House Music scene circa late 80's and the Drum n' Bass/Jungle movement of the mid/late 90's only because I lived it.  I was there and I would be there all over again.  Although as a whole, I listen to everything from every era except for today's mainstream rap, minus a select few people/groups that don't make me question lyrical ability.  

Message 31 of 33 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
975 posts

Re: Favorite Era of Music?

Dec 8, 2008

Early to late 80's thrash metal

60's and 70's Motown era

70's roots reggae.

Message 32 of 33 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian