Hekseville Citizen
408 posts

Re: Dexter Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Dec 18, 2010

Agreed, they didn't play the stress factor right. The best moments of all the seasons were the creepy psycho ones (Arthur Mitchell) and the times when your nervous about Dexter being caught. Not enough of either this season, and Mr. Chase was a poor actor..... I actually like Julia Stiles btw, I think she did a great job.

Please use plain text.
Message 141 of 150 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32617 posts

Dec 19, 2010

legreenboy wrote:
I'm glad Lumen is leaving. I just think the character and the actress was not pulling her weight in the series. I also don't like the fact that the kids are suppose to be at Dexter's for the summer. Does the show just skip the summer? lol

Agreed about Lumen.  They got rid of her the right way.  Her revenge is over, and now it's time to move on with her life.  She can go back to Chicago or wherever she's from and forget all about her ordeal and the subsequent killing spree she took part in.

And I find it odd that Dexter's summer is our winter.

I find it somewhat comforting that they didn't end the season with another cliffhanger.  It's just the end for now.  There will be new people for him to kill next year.  And really, does he have to kill someone EVERY episode?  There aren't that many deathworthy punks running around.  There's also no way he can cover his tracks in his personal life when he spends all night disposing of a body.  Eventually the day will come when he tells his family that he has to work late, and then work calls asking where he is and the kids or whoever pick up the phone say, "We thought he was at work..."  Busted.

I'm sure someone must have asked this before but - when does Dexter sleep?  He works all day, then he kills at night, and then he stays up late dumping bodies.  He ought to be spent beyond all recognition.

BTW I totally saw two events coming before they happened.

1. Debra letting the vigilantes go (because she watched the DVD's over and over)

2. Dexter faking the blood results

Please use plain text.
Message 142 of 150 (23 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8171 posts

Dec 20, 2010

DrGadget wrote:

legreenboy wrote:
I'm glad Lumen is leaving. I just think the character and the actress was not pulling her weight in the series. I also don't like the fact that the kids are suppose to be at Dexter's for the summer. Does the show just skip the summer? lol

Agreed about Lumen.  They got rid of her the right way.  Her revenge is over, and now it's time to move on with her life.  She can go back to Chicago or wherever she's from and forget all about her ordeal and the subsequent killing spree she took part in.

And I find it odd that Dexter's summer is our winter.

I find it somewhat comforting that they didn't end the season with another cliffhanger.  It's just the end for now.  There will be new people for him to kill next year.  And really, does he have to kill someone EVERY episode?  There aren't that many deathworthy punks running around.  There's also no way he can cover his tracks in his personal life when he spends all night disposing of a body.  Eventually the day will come when he tells his family that he has to work late, and then work calls asking where he is and the kids or whoever pick up the phone say, "We thought he was at work..."  Busted.

I'm sure someone must have asked this before but - when does Dexter sleep?  He works all day, then he kills at night, and then he stays up late dumping bodies.  He ought to be spent beyond all recognition.

BTW I totally saw two events coming before they happened.

1. Debra letting the vigilantes go (because she watched the DVD's over and over)

2. Dexter faking the blood results

I wasn't too sure that Dexter would fake the DNA tests until the very end when Debra was getting emotional about Quinn. That plus the fact that Debra let the vigilantes go free foreshadowed what Dexter would do.

There was still some doubt in my mind though with Quinn getting to nosy about Dexter's "business" a la Doakes from Season 2. We all remember what happended to him. For a minute I really could've Quinn written off the show and in jail.

Please use plain text.
Message 143 of 150 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7485 posts

Dec 20, 2010

The finale was the stupidest thing I have ever seen it SO would not happen like that. Never watchin this show agen after watchin season 5 and it's pathetic dream world finale. 

Please use plain text.
Message 144 of 150 (23 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8171 posts

Dec 20, 2010

chickenbonetom wrote:

The finale was the stupidest thing I have ever seen it SO would not happen like that. Never watchin this show agen after watchin season 5 and it's pathetic dream world finale. 

I would call that overreacting but I had a similar reaction after LOST season 3's finale. Hopefully next season is much better! John Lithgow set the high bar so far, imho. 

Please use plain text.
Message 145 of 150 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6810 posts

Dec 20, 2010
Season 4 definitely set the bar high for Season 5. S5 didn't have me as excited to watch the next episode like S4 but it was still a pretty good season (compared to other shows, I think this was probably one of the weakest out of Dexter, next to S3 )
Please use plain text.
Message 146 of 150 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7485 posts

Aug 1, 2011

Season 6 Trailer and Start Date

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGslI_KcM

October 2, 2011

Please use plain text.
Message 147 of 150 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7485 posts

Sep 10, 2011
Please use plain text.
Message 148 of 150 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7485 posts

Dec 10, 2011

Season Finale of Dexter Season 6 in one week who thinks they kno how it will all end. It's always interesting to see diferent ppl's different predictions.

Please use plain text.
Message 149 of 150 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7485 posts

Dec 20, 2011

2 words to sum up that crazy Sesaon 6 Finale "Oh God"

Please use plain text.
Message 150 of 150 (23 Views)
0 Likes