Nov 18 2010
By: MIA_Philly Limit Breaker 25311 posts

All Blu Ray Movies to come with PS3 Theme/Dynamic Theme

4 replies 134 views Edited Nov 18, 2010

Who thinks this should be manditory? I know I do. I could even go for a regular theme free and a paid downloadable dynamic theme.

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. Smiley Tongue

Get your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 5 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
717 posts

Re: All Blu Ray Movies to come with PS3 Theme/Dynamic Theme

Nov 20, 2010
I say why not, it'll be great.
Photobucket
Plats so far: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2, Hannah Montana The Movie, Another Century's Episode R.
Message 2 of 5 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10809 posts

Nov 20, 2010
I say it won't happen, but it's nice to dream. It'd be a nice touch that's for sure but if it were to ever happen it would only be Sony Pictures movies that offered it I'd say, all other studios release movies on blu-ray, but aren't affiliated or outright support the PlayStation 3. It's like back in the day when people were saying 'all DVD movies should have PS2 minigames/content in them' and other such things, sure maybe Sony would do it here and there with a couple releases, but the format is not exclusive to PlayStation, nor do I think a format will ever be (then again, look at HD-DVD) but that's just me.

It'd sure be kinda neat, but it's not a reasonable, nor profitable opportunity for the studios. An Avatar I could see being in better mind with studios, seeing as that would semi-promote said character and whatever movie it came from, a background though - that's more of a private function, so it doesn't make that much business sense for them to include it for free.
---
NOT 'ROUND THESE PARTS ANYMORE... BUT YOU'LL FIND ME HERE ---> http://www.moviefancentral.com/wp-dfa

come on down!
Message 3 of 5 (134 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41564 posts

Nov 20, 2010
Would be nice but it takes getting everyone on board to make it happen. Some studios most likely don't feel obligated to do as much, especially since some already do 'Blu-Ray Exclusive/Extra' content already.

I would like to see something like this make it over to PS3 (& PSP) titles though. Each game comes with a Dynamic theme and a pack of PSN Avatars that pertain to the game. Would be a nice little touch.

Message 4 of 5 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10809 posts

Nov 21, 2010

SlashZaku wrote:
I would like to see something like this make it over to PS3 (& PSP) titles though. Each game comes with a Dynamic theme and a pack of PSN Avatars that pertain to the game. Would be a nice little touch.

Yes, this would make sense. All those Collector's Editions and such and yet I don't think a single one came with anything directly PS3 related? You think it'd be the first thing they'd think of, but apparently not. Or say if you get a platinum trophy for a game, you unlock an exclusive avatar to show off what you've accomplished.

---
NOT 'ROUND THESE PARTS ANYMORE... BUT YOU'LL FIND ME HERE ---> http://www.moviefancentral.com/wp-dfa

come on down!
Message 5 of 5 (134 Views)
0 Likes