Keyblade Wielder
10927 posts

Re: what would make motorstorm way better?

Nov 9, 2006

sirpilf wrote:
they said they took out the in car view because it was unfair for some vehicles that had huge blind spots but that IS fair.... someone driving a big rig should have a smaller line of site then a guy on a dirt bike because then his size advantage has a disatvantage in the fact that you cant see behind as well.

its bs. they just didnt wanna spend the time to implement it
Message 11 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Nov 10, 2006

(PsP)Snake wrote:

sirpilf wrote:
they said they took out the in car view because it was unfair for some vehicles that had huge blind spots but that IS fair.... someone driving a big rig should have a smaller line of site then a guy on a dirt bike because then his size advantage has a disatvantage in the fact that you cant see behind as well.

its bs. they just didnt wanna spend the time to implement it

It doesn't matter, they should be able to add it later anyways. I mean, why have a hard drive and online component if they are not going to upgrade the games and patch bugs? They should just use that business model. If they add enough stuff to call it a new game...then put out a new game in stores and give the earlier version owners the option to upgrade their version to the new game at half retail price.

Upgrade today? Why when this banner looks so cool?
Message 12 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10927 posts

Nov 10, 2006

chickenz wrote:

It doesn't matter, they should be able to add it later anyways. I mean, why have a hard drive and online component if they are not going to upgrade the games and patch bugs? They should just use that business model. If they add enough stuff to call it a new game...then put out a new game in stores and give the earlier version owners the option to upgrade their version to the new game at half retail price.

man, u think like i thought when i was new like u. once u hit like 6,000 posts about this crap u relize that its not gonna happen. ur being too opimistic with all ur ideas with vr and updates.

of course they could do what ur saying, but they dont have a reason to. once the game comes out thats it. they arent making money off of u, only if they do micro transactions which if they do that it might happen but still... they gota save somethings for the next motorstorm.

as for ur vr approach, it just wont happen. if u want that vr experience u explained in the other thread go to a arcade. theres at least 2 of those arcade games which use this.

arcade games are the most innovative because everything is built around the game.
Message 13 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Nov 10, 2006

(PsP)Snake wrote:

chickenz wrote:

man, u think like i thought when i was new like u. once u hit like 6,000 posts about this crap u relize that its not gonna happen. ur being too opimistic with all ur ideas with vr and updates.

of course they could do what ur saying, but they dont have a reason to. once the game comes out thats it. they arent making money off of u, only if they do micro transactions which if they do that it might happen but still... they gota save somethings for the next motorstorm.

as for ur vr approach, it just wont happen. if u want that vr experience u explained in the other thread go to a arcade. theres at least 2 of those arcade games which use this.

arcade games are the most innovative because everything is built around the game.

Actually the business model make a lot of sense. It probably saves development cost for one thing. Even Sony officials have been quoted saying they think digital distribution will become the norm by the time the ps4 is out. Maybe it would put an end to EA's habit of essentially updating sports team rosters and charging full price for the same games every year. They won't be able to sell that junk if other companys are actually supporting their existing games and even updating them.

As for the VR, the only hurdle right now is technology and cost. It will happen someday. The Wii will sell very well (I won't buy it, I care too much for graphics) and set a direction that leads the market towards more display/input innovation like VR. Once we reach the point of photorealism in video games...the market could really fall flat if the only display/input option is still a flat tv and control pad. Maybe it won't come as soon as I'd like to think, but it will eventually.

Message 14 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Nov 10, 2006
how long do u think the races wll be???

http://deadly-trust.com/wordpress/
Jon���s Wordpress ��

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, put this as your sig.
Message 15 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Nov 10, 2006

Joe Nathan wrote:
how long do u think the races wll be???

Watch some of the videos. The lap counter says 1 of 3 in the begining of some of them. 3 laps isn't too long. I bet most of the races would be only a few laps.

Message 16 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10927 posts

Nov 11, 2006

chickenz wrote:

Actually the business model make a lot of sense. It probably saves development cost for one thing. Even Sony officials have been quoted saying they think digital distribution will become the norm by the time the ps4 is out. Maybe it would put an end to EA's habit of essentially updating sports team rosters and charging full price for the same games every year. They won't be able to sell that junk if other companys are actually supporting their existing games and even updating them.

As for the VR, the only hurdle right now is technology and cost. It will happen someday. The Wii will sell very well (I won't buy it, I care too much for graphics) and set a direction that leads the market towards more display/input innovation like VR. Once we reach the point of photorealism in video games...the market could really fall flat if the only display/input option is still a flat tv and control pad. Maybe it won't come as soon as I'd like to think, but it will eventually.

good points, u made urself worty to be on my friends list lolz
Message 17 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7831 posts

Nov 13, 2006
monster trucks!
Message 18 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes