Oct 30 2006
By: Xoolio~ Ghost of Sparta 15009 posts

what would make motorstorm way better?

17 replies 52 views Edited Oct 30, 2006
i would have to say the e3 05 coc k pit view.

too bad they pretty much said it wasnt gonna be in the game, but do u think they will try to add it still? and maybe different envoriments like snow, muddy terrain.

and how bout weather? i mean it would be cool to have the physics engine work with the desert and rain
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 1 of 18 (52 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1127 posts

Re: what would make motorstorm way better?

Oct 30, 2006
allready a thread on this.

---------------------PSN:BLASST67----------------------
Message 2 of 18 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7831 posts

Nov 5, 2006
i think the right joystick should be able to control the camera angle like in san andreas... and if a **bleep**pit view it should control your head. that would be so perfect, controls wise. i am sure we will see that in a motorstorm 2 along with snow/ice tracks. just think about racing over an icy frozen over lake and sliding all over the place. the game brings so much potential to the racing genre.
Message 3 of 18 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Nov 6, 2006

Your Idea with the Right analogue stick has been implemented (sorta) into the final game. IGN have reported that at any moment in the race you can pause it and Zoom in and out and move around your vehicle "Matrix style"

Message 4 of 18 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Nov 7, 2006
guns... it needs guns

Message 5 of 18 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19335 posts

Nov 7, 2006
Add in the **bleep**pit view from the E3 2005 trailer, and maybe some rain effects to make the mud slippery.
Message 6 of 18 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Nov 8, 2006
Slippery mud is also in the final build, IGN said from their hands on time, that when respaning after a crash the car would slip and slide and the wheels struggle for traction
Message 7 of 18 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7831 posts

Nov 9, 2006

Snake Bite wrote:

Your Idea with the Right analogue stick has been implemented (sorta) into the final game. IGN have reported that at any moment in the race you can pause it and Zoom in and out and move around your vehicle "Matrix style"

thats not the same as bieng able to drive from the driver view and control where he looks IN the car.... sort of like how test drive unlimited plays on 360. but that game sucks, and your head turns way to slow to make it useful.
Message 8 of 18 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10927 posts

Nov 9, 2006

sirpilf wrote:

thats not the same as bieng able to drive from the driver view and control where he looks IN the car.... sort of like how test drive unlimited plays on 360. but that game sucks, and your head turns way to slow to make it useful.

yep i no what u mean. pgr3 was the first real game to try the co ckpit view with the new head control scheme and it worked pretty damn well. and it really made the graphics pop out due to the reflections on the steering wheel and things like that.

and because motorstorm is graphically better looking and there mud it would make the co ckpit view 100000 times better. just think, a windshield wiper button which would probably be select
Message 9 of 18 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7831 posts

Nov 9, 2006
they said they took out the in car view because it was unfair for some vehicles that had huge blind spots but that IS fair.... someone driving a big rig should have a smaller line of site then a guy on a dirt bike because then his size advantage has a disatvantage in the fact that you cant see behind as well.
Message 10 of 18 (52 Views)
0 Likes