Reply
Nov 26 2006
By: (PsP)Snake~ Keyblade Wielder 10927 posts
Offline

think the graphics will get better for us and euro verison?

6 replies 3 views Edited Nov 26, 2006
its already out in japan so u think they will enhance the visuals at all in the 4 months they are gonna work on it?
Message 1 of 7 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/05/2003
Offline
347 posts
 

Re: think the graphics will get better for us and euro verison?

Nov 26, 2006
I think the graphics themself look fine, but hopefully sony can do something with the framerate drop at the beginning of races.  I haven't played the demo on my own TV yet, but seeing it run on 720p in the kiosks leaves me desiring more.  10-20fps at 720p for the first 10-25 seconds isn't really that amazing to me .  The rest of the game is fine, just the early race lag seems wack.
Message 2 of 7 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/03/2003
Offline
31106 posts
 

Re: think the graphics will get better for us and euro verison?

Nov 26, 2006


NfoRcEr wrote:
I think the graphics themself look fine, but hopefully sony can do something with the framerate drop at the beginning of races.  I haven't played the demo on my own TV yet, but seeing it run on 720p in the kiosks leaves me desiring more.  10-20fps at 720p for the first 10-25 seconds isn't really that amazing to me .  The rest of the game is fine, just the early race lag seems wack.



i really havent noticed a framerate drop.
Message 3 of 7 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/16/2004
Offline
95 posts
 

Re: think the graphics will get better for us and euro verison?

Nov 26, 2006
I dont mean to go slightly off topic, but are the graphics in the Japanese final version improved from the US Demo?

There were several obvious problems I've noticed with it (static people, the bushes (another static 2D image that would rotate around your view (noticable when pausing the game and rotating the camera) and flat textures that just werent too impressive (some looked great while others looks like a solid brown texture)). The game is very fun and I hope these have been corrected. The screenshots look so great!  
Message 4 of 7 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/28/2005
Offline
10927 posts
 

Re: think the graphics will get better for us and euro verison?

Nov 26, 2006


FB Mike wrote:
I dont mean to go slightly off topic, but are the graphics in the Japanese final version improved from the US Demo?

There were several obvious problems I've noticed with it (static people, the bushes (another static 2D image that would rotate around your view (noticable when pausing the game and rotating the camera) and flat textures that just werent too impressive (some looked great while others looks like a solid brown texture)). The game is very fun and I hope these have been corrected. The screenshots look so great!  



i dont no seriouly. as for the grass needs to be worked on because its 2d. just rotate ur cam and u can see the grass follows u
Message 5 of 7 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 10/21/2003
Offline
15686 posts
 

Re: think the graphics will get better for us and euro verison?

Nov 27, 2006


NfoRcEr wrote:
I think the graphics themself look fine, but hopefully sony can do something with the framerate drop at the beginning of races.  I haven't played the demo on my own TV yet, but seeing it run on 720p in the kiosks leaves me desiring more.  10-20fps at 720p for the first 10-25 seconds isn't really that amazing to me .  The rest of the game is fine, just the early race lag seems wack.


the framerate problem is apparently already fixed, since IGN said that the downloable demo didnt have the framerate drop that the kiosks had.
Message 6 of 7 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 10/21/2003
Offline
15686 posts
 

Re: think the graphics will get better for us and euro verison?

Nov 27, 2006


(PsP)Snake wrote:


FB Mike wrote:
I dont mean to go slightly off topic, but are the graphics in the Japanese final version improved from the US Demo?

There were several obvious problems I've noticed with it (static people, the bushes (another static 2D image that would rotate around your view (noticable when pausing the game and rotating the camera) and flat textures that just werent too impressive (some looked great while others looks like a solid brown texture)). The game is very fun and I hope these have been corrected. The screenshots look so great!  



i dont no seriouly. as for the grass needs to be worked on because its 2d. just rotate ur cam and u can see the grass follows u


to be honest I didnt even realize the grass was 2d until I paused the game and started moving the camera around, I thought it was 3d grass while I was playing it, found out the second time I went to play the demo.
Message 7 of 7 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes