Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 24 2010
By: NinjaAtHome Hekseville Citizen 321 posts

racer-300m aka The_Worlds_Best ... a great Motorstormer

6 replies 13 views Edited Jul 24, 2010

Racer sent me a PM last night and I have spoken with him this morning. And what I am about to say is with his full agreement.

Racer wants to stop playing online. If anyone has been addicted to something, they know they cannot give up by doing 'Just One More'. As racer said in his PM he would like to do "Just None More". He said that he cannot guarantee he wont be back and as such he does not want us to treat this as his retirement or make a big deal of it.

He has said that he has some unfinished business in TA and that is to beat ProudRankedRacer and/or my friend pnugg. If anyone is interested in following his progress you can look on the TA leaderbaords for MSPR-POLICE-7. 

He will try not to make another post on the forum, including this thread as he is scared he will be sucked back into the whirlwind that is Motorstorm.

So with that I have changed the following only slightly:

I would like to give my personal thanks to racer-300m also known as The_Worlds_Best, for all the good he has done for me and the Motorstorm community.

My first meeting with racer was when, after being punched a few times in various races I got him one back at the beginning of a Sugar Rush race. I remember it vividly. It was one of my best punches. I got on the mic and said a few expletives and that sparked the beginning of a great friendship.

Racers Videos

Racer had created some videos and I asked him if he would be in and create my 10,000th. He did a brilliant job. The theme of that video was to raise the profile of ranked racers and give thanks to them for making my time in ranked an amazing experience. Embedded in the video was Ninja's hot room practical joke. We guessed that one of the TA's would fall for it. We had know idea it would be taken so seriously.

In preparation for the 10,000th, me, woppa, (who at that time didn't even know the forums existed) and racer converged on racers house for our own weekend festival. It was a blast. We had so much fun.

Racer produced a series of video's, 'Blew up Angels do scorched', 'shopping trolleys on badlands' and 'when good guys go bad'. We had a heap of fun doing them and racer put them on youtube for other peoples enjoyment. If you want to see them, they are on his HDMOTORSTORM thread. The ending of Blew up angels was just great.

He also published a series of speed videos where a 3.46 on the bike around Collosus on a bike showed the community he was real quick and if you copied him you might be able to do it as well. I've tried, I couldn't.

He was also good enough to spend even more time creating Beardie's and Hondo's 10,000th videos.

The_Worlds_Best

What a great name. The first time I saw it, the hairs on my back raised. What right have you got to call yourself the worlds best I thought. I managed to beat him a couple of times and joked I was able to beat the worlds best.

I will never forget the night woppa, me and racer were in a room and Racer told me he was 'The_Worlds_Best'. I smiled for days.

At one stage he was literaly the World's best. He had scored a number #1 on Beachcomber bike. But within 24 hours that was taken back by the real world's best. But he certainly made the point that ranked racers can be quick.

I won't go over everything 'The_Worlds_Best' did except to say that, in my opinion, his intentions were mostly good. 

His best friends - Woppa (vinnie), Hondo and Ninja

What a great and close group of friends. We spent so much time together. Running custom races trying to find out how to get quicker, goofing around, talking about the forums and people on the forums and in ranked, talking about life but mainly having lots of fun and lots of belly laughs. It was a great time.

Those days will never be repeated. That time really was something very special.

So in conclusion, whether you or anyone else agrees with this or not, I think, you, racer-300m, have been a massive and positive contributor to Motorstorm and are one of the people I will always remember as one of the great motorstorm legends.

Your friend,

Ninja

Message 7 of 7 (13 Views)
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Re: racer-300m aka The_Worlds_Best ... a great Motorstormer

Jul 21, 2010

Well put Ninja!

i much prefered reading this 1.

i love you 2 racer300m!!!!!!

Message 1 of 7 (13 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
321 posts

Jul 22, 2010
After a PM and discussion with racer I have updated the opening of this thread. If you know racer then you should re-read the first couple of paragraphs of the first post in this thread.
Message 2 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jul 22, 2010
it makes sence to me now

sad to see racer go though
Message 3 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jul 22, 2010

Pfffft  

exuse me

MOTORSTORM4LIFE
Message 4 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jul 22, 2010

roll down the window

Message 5 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
321 posts

Jul 24, 2010

Very, very funny pnugg. I love your sense of humour. The whole forum is going to rock with laughter each time someone pffts. I just wish you hadn't had beans for breakfast.

I have slightly modified the opening. Just want to get it right.

Message 6 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes