Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 21 2007
By: EAkornbizkit63~ First Son 4 posts

motorstorm not working

23 replies 4 views Edited Sep 21, 2007
hey. every time i put motorstorm in to play it now, it wont work.  the screen just goes black and nothing plays.  this doesnt happen with any other games so i was wondering if maybe anyone knows why its doing this.  ive been wanting to play it cause its been awhile.  thanks
Message 1 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Re: motorstorm not working

Sep 21, 2007
Is it scratched at all? I bought a used MotorStorm and sadly it doesn't work. (Two nice scratches on it) Where does your game stop working? Mine dies out at the language select screen.
G.A.P member in training

Message 2 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2059 posts

Sep 21, 2007
Finally, one I can answer!

That happened to me with MotorStorm not working dude! The fix will hurt but you'll get over it!

Delete the MotorStorm save file and the disc utility file if there is one. Reboot. After you do that you should be fine as it prompts you to download the update again for online play. And if you've bought the Coyote Revenge add-on, or downloaded Time Attack, just redownload them from your download history in the top righthand corner of the main PSN store screen.

IMPORTANT: Make sure your MotorStorm blu-ray disc is in the PS3 when you download and install the add-ons from the PSN Store!

Message Edited by SuperFist on 09-21-2007 05:23 PM
Message 3 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2372 posts

Sep 22, 2007
Actually, you don't have to delete your save files. Just delete the last update from the Game Utility folder and any downloadable content you got from the PS Store for this game. Then take Motorstorm online and re-download and re-install the new update. You can then re-download and re-install the add-ons from your download history list on the PS Store (meaning you don't have to buy it for a second time around).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Sharp Tooth Goblin Berserker
Message 4 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
840 posts

Sep 23, 2007
UH-OHH!!! NOT GOOD
Message 5 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18721 posts

Sep 23, 2007

SuperFist wrote:
Finally, one I can answer!

That happened to me with MotorStorm not working dude! The fix will hurt but you'll get over it!

Delete the MotorStorm save file and the disc utility file if there is one. Reboot. After you do that you should be fine as it prompts you to download the update again for online play. And if you've bought the Coyote Revenge add-on, or downloaded Time Attack, just redownload them from your download history in the top righthand corner of the main PSN store screen.

IMPORTANT: Make sure your MotorStorm blu-ray disc is in the PS3 when you download and install the add-ons from the PSN Store!

Message Edited by SuperFist on 09-21-2007 05:23 PM

Well, I'll be damned. Isn't it good to see that other are experienciing the same problems as you, also, that someone has the answer to it

jI was just about to post about this problem. I came to find out right after I got done downloading and playing the new HOME Beta Update. For a sec, i was thinking that this MotorStorm problem was connected to the HOME Beta Update.

Anyways, i will give your recommendation a try. I will post back about it

EDIT: DragonRacer13 is right. The only file you have to delete is the last MS update under Game Data Utility Folder. I had the 1.1 update.

I wonder how this was preventing me from even starting the game? I mean, after downloading the 1.1 update long ago, I was able to start and play the game normally. Why was it giving me problems now?

Message Edited by SevenFactors on 09-23-2007 02:33 PM
7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 6 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Sep 24, 2007

SevenFactors wrote:
I wonder how this was preventing me from even starting the game? I mean, after downloading the 1.1 update long ago, I was able to start and play the game normally. Why was it giving me problems now?

there have been 2 in-game updates since the 1.1 update. if you downloaded time-attack or the coyote weekend without first getting the most recent in-game update then it will cause motorstorm to do the "blank screen" when you try to start it.

go to the game DATA folder (don't touch your game saves) and delete the 1.1 update (or 1.2 update if you have that)

motorstorm will work now, start it up and go online. it will prompt to download the latest update.

then you can go to the PS store and re-download any motorstorm add-ons you got. (you can find them from your download history, you don't need to pay for anything twice)
--

--
Message 7 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Sep 24, 2007
im experienceing a new problem that was wondering if this might be the cure for(just asking without doing all that im so lazy lol)
okay after a race you'll get 2 motor storm screens. on the second one just before you get back to the race lobby with all the players. i get stuck here quite alot.sometimes freezing sometimes my connection expires.
this wasnt happening before the update/add-on stuff.
sure im led to believe i just answered my own question.but could it be something else?
my disc is super clean and scratch free.
well if its happening to anyone else,i'll probably do the above. and let ya know.
Message 8 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2372 posts

Sep 25, 2007

firebirds wrote:
im experienceing a new problem that was wondering if this might be the cure for(just asking without doing all that im so lazy lol)
okay after a race you'll get 2 motor storm screens. on the second one just before you get back to the race lobby with all the players. i get stuck here quite alot.sometimes freezing sometimes my connection expires.
this wasnt happening before the update/add-on stuff.
sure im led to believe i just answered my own question.but could it be something else?
my disc is super clean and scratch free.
well if its happening to anyone else,i'll probably do the above. and let ya know.

Nope, nothing you've done. I've been freezing there a couple of times since the update, too.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Sharp Tooth Goblin Berserker
Message 9 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Sep 25, 2007
well,for the sake of it i re-installed the update.played and it was ok....

now im downloading the revenge and time trial.

dragon,what order did you do the last update/add-on?

i did mine backwards the first time.(update then add-on).
maybe it had something to do with the freeze/disconnect issue.
also,did you have mic issues? assumming you have one.

Message 10 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes