Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 15 2012
By: Lewis_Hamilton_ I Only Post Everything 785 posts

Who fancies a whopping new Plugger WR on Colossus Canyon that might challenge the ATV?

[ Edited ]
11 replies 376 views Edited Sep 15, 2012

Yes, that's right, the title is correct.

After playing around with smrtb0mb a little earlier, something turned into an experimentation, and then a confirmation.

I had been using the Bushwacker Plugger and began ramming it against the MT's staircase, only to be left in awe at how it flew over the staircase better than any MT I had ever seen.

After a few hit and miss runs, I tried a few more times offline before feeling satisfied about this method's speed and reliability.

Now for the lap time, how is it going to beat the ATV which is down to 3:34 (if I remember rightly that is!)?

Well, to compare, I accepted that my driving in MSPR is pretty shoddy these days, as was the driving in my 3:44 video years ago (ha, so I was always rubbish then). I used some marker points to compare the lap time against my video, only to find that by halfway through the 1st lap, I was a massive 4 seconds ahead of my video's time. The lap conversion also works seemlessly, it just gains a ridiculous amount of time.

I never did complete a 2 lap run based on that, well, I suck. I'm just not capable of clean runs anymore without getting back into the game. Plus, it's distracting when reaching some 7-8 seconds ahead of your personal best, which used to be a WR.

After a few practice attempts, you'll find that hitting the ramp in the middle-left at around a 45 degree angle, while slamming into the staricase upon impact seems to do the job. When getting it right, I was landing well and truly clear of the entire structure at 18.0-18.2 seconds, at high speed, with almost an entire tank of boost.

Feel free to try out my ridiculous claim. I know other vehicles have been capable of tackling the staircase, but the Bushwacker literally flies over it without much height - just enough to clear the fencing at the top, and while maintaining near enough full speed.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (376 Views)
Wastelander
733 posts

Re: Who fancies a whopping new Plugger WR on Colossus Canyon that might challenge the ATV?

Sep 15, 2012

The game that keeps on giving.

Is it as frustrating as the buggy?

...your turn to drive i'll bring the beer...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Re: Who fancies a whopping new Plugger WR on Colossus Canyon that might challenge the ATV?

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

Whoa! It's like Razorback all over again! Plugger....just kidding Rig. lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Sep 15, 2012
I cant seem to do it on lap conversion... any tips?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Sep 15, 2012

sounds crazy! shame that I haven't got this vehicle

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (303 Views)
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Sep 15, 2012

lol same here man. gotta redo the festival again.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2514 posts

Sep 15, 2012

hmmmm...i gave this a short go in time attack....never had a perfect first split but i doubt you can gain much more than one second in the first split on a good normal route ghost, if that....i have no idea how you can be 3-4 secs ahead per lap with that

10000 ranked wins :-)

Rudisha > Bolt
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3301 posts

Sep 15, 2012

video anyone? I don't have access to my ps3 so I can't try it. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5224 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I'm disappointed that this has not been taken seriously, after all wasn't it Lewis who said " Hmmm, I think bigrig on Razorback might be fastest for TA". 

If anyone does take this seriously please post how it worked out, thanks!

Happy to be here for almost 5 years.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Sep 27, 2012

If it's annoying you that hard... why just don't you try it yourself? :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (189 Views)
0 Likes