Highlighted
Oct 28 2006
By: BPK~ Lombax Warrior 197 posts

What happened to the whole custom soundtrack feature?

5 replies 34 views Edited Oct 28, 2006
Some of you will remember that a while back Motorstorm's developers were talking about a custom soundtrack feature which would allow you to play your music in the game. The game, in turn, would "livefie" (their words, not mine), making it sound like it was being played live on stage at the canyon. What worries me is that the developers haven't talked about this for a long time. Does anyone know whether it was dropped? Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed.
Message 1 of 6 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2953 posts

Re: What happened to the whole custom soundtrack feature?

Oct 28, 2006
I don't know how detailed it will be but I do know that the PS3 will most likely have the feature to play custom music intead of the game sound track. This is a next gen console and if the XBox 360 can do it the PS3 better be able to.

Message 2 of 6 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Oct 28, 2006
Fair enough but if you look in the main forum people are claiming that while the ps3 will have this feature at some point, it won't be out of the box. More importantly though, the developers announced this exciting feature (which I find is pretty unique - the making your music live thing) and yet have become silent on the subject. Let's keep our fingers crossed I guess.
Message 3 of 6 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1127 posts

Oct 30, 2006
that would be pretty swee.  But you wouldnt here it the whole time because why would they have speakers in the middle of a desert track?

---------------------PSN:BLASST67----------------------
Message 4 of 6 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Oct 31, 2006
Good point. But videogames aren't supposed to mirror reality exactly. And anyways, I would take a cool feature over perfect realism any day. It really looks like the developers reneged on this feature though. I've been reading all the recent previews and there's not a mention of custom soundtracks anymore. It's a shame since racing games, above all, are tthe best games to have them with.
Message 5 of 6 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9131 posts

Nov 3, 2006
it's still in there. it's just that there just isn't anything the devs have really talked about because most other next gen games support it too so it's not some amazing new feature *even though it is awesome*.
Message 6 of 6 (34 Views)
0 Likes