Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Re: Time Attack: What have you been working on?

Jan 16, 2012

The Rift 1: 15:42

I know nothing special but for me it is, because I NEVER drove this combo or even the rift because of the glitch. To get during 2 days a Top 10 time imakes me almost so happy like the world record, because it's like from 0% to 100%. ok, I know how to handle the rig but this doesn't give you any effort if u dont't have the experience..

On the way to enter the top 10 overall, bye bye Angron, enjoy your last days

Please use plain text.
Message 1251 of 1,593 (12 Views)
Fender Bender
2952 posts

Jan 16, 2012

Thought I'd got myself back into the Top 5 on all combos, but it looks like I've forgotten Cascade Buggy (6th).

The Edge - Bike - 1:15.06 - regulattor had knocked me out of the Top 5 by 0.01, so I've returned the favour 

Razorback - ATV - 1:35.86 - Moved from 5th to 1st on that one. Should have done that a while ago, it's fun.

I attempted Edge Big Rig, but only scored a 1:07.35, which isn't enough to improve me. However, I do understand how Kevin's doing his little Slam Boost in the 2nd split now, which is always progress.

Also attempted Mudslide ATV and got quite close actually, 54.79, good enough for 2nd, but I'm already 2nd with 54.73  yehta  Want to get 1st now I've matched tiky's 3rd split. No idea how I got that 18.42 1st split, it's just sick.

Surger
Please use plain text.
Message 1252 of 1,593 (12 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1425 posts

Jan 16, 2012

Can anyone explain The Edge secret to me? No, not that one... I mean in the 3rd split, approaching the final corner - how to keep the wheels on the ground? With the rally you can slam to the inside line, but with the rig I don't see the fast ghosts doing this. I think it's because it makes the rig swerve right and left too much slowing you down... so there's this mysteriously flat line further outside. I just don't really get how to catch that line. I get it once in a while but it's always pure luck. I just don't run the combo very often, and it hardly ever matters in a race

Please use plain text.
Message 1253 of 1,593 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
603 posts

Jan 17, 2012

smrtb0mb schrieb:

Can anyone explain The Edge secret to me? No, not that one... I mean in the 3rd split, approaching the final corner - how to keep the wheels on the ground? With the rally you can slam to the inside line, but with the rig I don't see the fast ghosts doing this. I think it's because it makes the rig swerve right and left too much slowing you down... so there's this mysteriously flat line further outside. I just don't really get how to catch that line. I get it once in a while but it's always pure luck. I just don't run the combo very often, and it hardly ever matters in a race

You have to slam as close as possible before the bump there to avoid air time ... haha how easy that sounds!

To be honest, after hundreds of tries I still ruin a lot of my runs there. It's luck for me too to hit the right spot for the slam and maintain the top speed in that area... can't even say how often tikys ghost passed me there

Oh, and nice times everyone

Perfection is impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 1254 of 1,593 (12 Views)
Fender Bender
2952 posts

Jan 17, 2012

Yeah Kevin and smrt I have the same problem with the positioning of that Slam ... I haven't had enough practice at that part believe it or not. It's still a guessing game for me ... I only know not to leave the Slam too late or too far left because you get some serious air time then. But it's hard to build enough speed to get the Slam in early ... quite a difficult one I've only managed to do correctly once in a 23.0x 3rd split.

By the way Kevin, your ghost has a laughably wide final corner ... so congratulations on getting #1 with a time loss as noticeable as that. My 1:07.35 came within my first few runs ... I just copied your ghost exactly as far as I could, lost it into the 3rd split, then gained back on it around the last corner. Can't believe I proved to myself that such downhill speed was possible with less boost, because I couldn't match it again after that haha. Also, you maneuvre the Rig deliberately like I do now at the start ... I can see why you've improved your 1st splits    whether you meant to or not, that "rocking" technique is how I get consistently quick starts.

Mudslide is next for me though I think ... tiky gets so lucky, there's always something with his ghosts isn't there? He approaches the upper narrow tunnel / bridge as tightly as possible and gets so lucky as to "bounce" off the wood without dying, which is damn near impossible. The only way to beat him is to make up time in the other sections and have as clean a run onto the tunnel / bridge thing as possible.

Surger
Please use plain text.
Message 1255 of 1,593 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Jan 17, 2012

I'm not entirely sure what you meant by "rocking" chris but I also adopt a strategy like that on levels like the edge 1st split. It's not really "lifting tires off the ground" but more of a pivoting of more weight on the right or left tires. Just thinking of the start off the top of my head, I always remember pivoting to my right tires, then turn lefting and pivoting them back to the left, and then back right just before the tree of death in the 1st split. I found when I raced completely flat, and avoided line all together, I lost considerable amounts of time in the 1st split. Sometimes simply trying to rock back and forth can save me on badlands runs when I screw up the intentional " hit that thing on the left to ride on right tires to keep speed" at the beginning of the lap. I have had no time for rift lately btw guys. school is killing me!

Please use plain text.
Message 1256 of 1,593 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Jan 17, 2012

I'm stucking on the Edge too, trying to get a 1:07 (lol) but my rig looses so much speed in the first split after the tree :smileyfrustrated: I don't know how to manage the small jump fast, and I even don't have a special strategy in the 3rd split with any late slams or something like this , I just slam

Please use plain text.
Message 1257 of 1,593 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
82 posts

Jan 17, 2012

# 1  all summed ,  they 30 races , was long ^^''

Please use plain text.
Message 1258 of 1,593 (12 Views)
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Jan 17, 2012

Nice work Optimus!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1259 of 1,593 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
785 posts

Jan 19, 2012

Congrats on those two great splits!

I had a similar situation last week. I dusted off the old MSPR disk and stuck it in the PS3, booted it up and spent an hour or two on Razorback TA. 

I pulled my best first two splits ever, was ahead of Cirrus by a whole rig length entering the watercave, and managed to get through it perfectly. It was a winning run, I began bricking it at the possiblity of getting a 1:32, and successful rammed the living hell out of the final pillars. Good job Lewis.  After that, on a couple of occasions I managed to stay ahed of Cirrus, but never ran better than high 1:33's.

I can see where the improvements are, I know how to get the #1 time/ a 1:32, but it just never pieces together. There are two areas on the track (both on non-bumpy uphills) where I just seem to randomly lose speed, as if my rig ran out of horsepower and gave up. So that's what I did, gave up, haha.

Please use plain text.
Message 1260 of 1,593 (12 Views)
0 Likes