Fender Bender
3301 posts

Re: Time Attack: What have you been working on?

Oct 18, 2010

Lewis_Hamilton_ wrote:

Gravity2go wrote:

Not exactly TA but, Colossus Canyon Big Rig.

3:44.15

Almost caught Lewis, I'll be back at it later this week.

Good time gravity. Which route and method did you use to get this time? I think there are about 4 methods and boosting strategies which all come to about the same time with this combination, which is why I found it so interesting.

I use the original left route, that slam is too dangerous for me. I completely save for the turn after the fallen logs as well. I find this the most consistant for me.

Everything else is pretty much the same except a couple slight line adjustments.

Message 151 of 1,593 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 19, 2010

I look at joban's site. I was surprised how much I had fallen, in both fastest/all summed. I pretty much had to do every thing again. I have not gotten to all yet, but put up about 10 top 20's. My most recent was sugar rush big rig. That's one crazy combo. I think i can actually get a top 10 on this combo. I had some top ten runs but blowing up in between the silo's has been my bug-a-boo. I can barely see cirrus ghost at that point  any tips.

Its_Me_T Comments does not reflect Ranked Racing,MSPR,This forum or any of its Affilates
Message 152 of 1,593 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Great time Gravity!

Today I tried something different...i was going for a combo that i had no idea of (Reef Runner ATV)...i drove without a ghost, didn't look up what the WR is...I didn't even know which route to take ( As you can see I just have no idea of the DLC tracks )

So i tried some different things, routes, lines, boost startagies etc....and had a lot of fun doing so...didn't have that much fun in TA for a long time....and in the end my time was worth for #11 ...nothing special for a combo like that...but I had fun getting it and that's the most important thing i guess

Message 153 of 1,593 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1425 posts

Oct 19, 2010

LOL you're not the only one, T. I see jprice and woppa have both passed me by!

Message 154 of 1,593 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2003 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Its_Me_T wrote:

I look at joban's site. I was surprised how much I had fallen, in both fastest/all summed. I pretty much had to do every thing again. I have not gotten to all yet, but put up about 10 top 20's. My most recent was sugar rush big rig. That's one crazy combo. I think i can actually get a top 10 on this combo. I had some top ten runs but blowing up in between the silo's has been my bug-a-boo. I can barely see cirrus ghost at that point  any tips.

Shameless plug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZqtLrxVKSU

EDIT: Oh great now i'm a "" Time Splitter 8-)suicide

Photobucket
Message 155 of 1,593 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Time Splitter Time Splitter Time Splitter Time Splitter Time Splitter Time Splitter Time Splitter Time Splitter

-----------------------------

Hal... : "Yeah he broke his wrist lolololol what an idiot! pmsl"
Message 156 of 1,593 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 20, 2010

willywayne wrote:

Its_Me_T wrote:

Shameless plug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZqtLrxVKSU

EDIT: Oh great now i'm a "" Time Splitter 8-)suicide

Thanks for the vid. Look's like you are turning towards the right silo as you blow up. So many times I bounce around both silo's and get responded right at finish line.

Its_Me_T Comments does not reflect Ranked Racing,MSPR,This forum or any of its Affilates
Message 157 of 1,593 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
603 posts

Oct 20, 2010

I somehow started to love Wildfire: 2:36.56 ATV 2 laps

Perfection is impossible.
Message 158 of 1,593 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Oct 20, 2010

smrtb0mb wrote:

LOL you're not the only one, T. I see jprice and woppa have both passed me by!

Hee, hee!  Thanks for noticing!  I have mostly been working on the alternate vehicles in TA lately, but I got a wild hair and decided to run the Big Rig on Badlands.  Within 15-20 minutes I improved 1.4 seconds with a 1:45.00!  That new time was what got me past you.  Getting that big of an improvement for one of the fastest vehicle combos is pretty much unheard of for me.  As an example, right after that Badlands time I attempted to improve my Wildfire ATV.  I spent an additional hour on that track for a whopping 0.2 second improvement....Woo Hoo! (sarcasm).

I think that's going to be the extent of my TA runs on the fastest vehicles combos for a while.  After 2 years on this game, it is nearly impossible for me to improve those combos without a long, painful effort.  When I got my new time on Wildfire, I practically had to peel my hands off of my controller.  In addition, my boost thumb was numb because my sub-conscious seems to think that the boost is more effective when I try to push the "X" button thru the bottom of my controller.

Message 159 of 1,593 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3301 posts

Oct 20, 2010

2:41.84 on The Rift with the Big Rig.

2:40 is..... possible? maybe.

Message 160 of 1,593 (2 Views)
0 Likes