Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

Re: Grizz tricky corner

Dec 24, 2010

okaynowwhat wrote:

Could somebody please tell me the best way to take that last corner (ie: "last left turn before the straight away") using a RC???

It has to be successfully executed 3 times to post a good Grizz time. I usually find myself 'up in the rocks' at least one time in the three passes

I asked safe_auto and gorutoss this question last week while we were practicing this track......

safe wrote back saying he doesn't even brake at this corner .... lol ... easy to believe considering the great times that he posts on this track.

goru wrote back saying he "drifts entering the corner and then guns it when he sees the straightaway".

Perhaps my questions should be ..... "What's the best way for one to initiate a drift"?

- Left steer followed by gentle hand brake?

- Quick right steer then left with no use of hand brake?

and

"How do you get through that corner 1) in control and 2) without dumping all your speed?

any help appreciated

thx ok

I usually gun it at full speed towards the corner, then use a slight hand brake tap as i go around it..  You need to take the corner as wide as possible to be able to go fast around it

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2yjr781.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 501 of 610 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Dec 25, 2010

Thanks Tony,

Maybe the wide turn is the key .... I'll give your advice a try.

It's Christmas morning in Oz as I write so I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Ho Ho Ho

ok

0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5224 posts

Dec 25, 2010

i think that Cirrus & willywayne tap the regular brake slightly going in to it while saving a little boost before it so after you come out of it you can get up to speed again right away.. Ive been messing around with the normal brake for it lately with some success ... BUT  after 20,000 + races old habits are hard to break :smileyindifferent:  for the last 20,000 races ive been tapping the e-brake slightly going in to it with mixed results for the last 3.5 years. I think i would sacrifice a little speed there for a more consistent method, tapping the regular brake seems more consistent.   Im also trying to break the e-brake habit on the hairpin on rgm -- 3.5 year old habits are a b***h 

Happy to be here for almost 5 years.
Please use plain text.
Message 503 of 610 (6 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5224 posts

Re: The Worlds Fastest Monument Valley 2 Lap Track Times

Dec 25, 2010

last night with safe_auto i had a 2:50.50 raingod bike run --  im pretty -proud -of that  !!!

Please use plain text.
Message 504 of 610 (6 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 25, 2010

the technique i use works best with the revo... as im breaking out of the bridge after the hair pin turn i tap the boost one time then aim for the little dip in the ground thats to ur right... while sailing over the dip im turning left and using the boost that i saved from coming out of the bridge.. i boost to hop the rock so that i can land flush on a smooth surface then i boost soon as i land... it takes a lot of practice but once you get it right your on your way... hey tony i think you should try this technique might give you an extra .20 or so when done right.. i barely slow down at all when cut it right

Please use plain text.
Message 505 of 610 (6 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 25, 2010

and the dip im talking about is the one near the edge all the way to the right lean to the left a lil when going into the dip to set yourself up for the boosting

Please use plain text.
Message 506 of 610 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 25, 2010

hey tony what is the WR for grizzly rc? and i use controller style -b i dont use the motion sensor at all... does this slow me down? this seems to be the deciding factor in all of the great times... me and guro was pulling the same times and then he started using the motion sensor and went crazy! lol

Please use plain text.
Message 507 of 610 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

Dec 25, 2010

wpnotgilt wrote:

hey tony what is the WR for grizzly rc? and i use controller style -b i dont use the motion sensor at all... does this slow me down? this seems to be the deciding factor in all of the great times... me and guro was pulling the same times and then he started using the motion sensor and went crazy! lol

Pretty sure i have the record for grizz rc.  349.33.  i use controller style B as well, and i dont use motion sensing, I also race in 1st person view..  I still have no idea how goru uses motion sensing.  everytime i try it, i cant seem to use the dpad at the same time..

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2yjr781.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 508 of 610 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Dec 26, 2010

wpnotgilt escribió:

lol I've always used the motion sensor XD, btw, what is the controller style-b??

I use this:

X=Boost

R2=Acceletation

L2=Brake and Reverse

O=E-brake

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 509 of 610 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5224 posts

Dec 26, 2010

gorutossj5 wrote:

wpnotgilt escribió:

lol I've always used the motion sensor XD, btw, what is the controller style-b??

I use this:

X=Boost

R2=Acceletation

L2=Brake and Reverse

O=E-brake

Christmas Goal: 1st place in Dust Devil TA (These Categories: RC, RT and BR) xD

i thought you always used the motion sensor. i dont think you could get that good at it after switching from a different system. Cirrus switched to the D pad from the stick & shortly thereafter got #1 swg (insert actually cool : O smiley here cuz suKKs)  I think its very hard to switch once you get used to doing it one way. When MSPR came out i had to learn to boost with R2 because they removed boost with R1 as an option & i hated the change -cry- 

for ms-1 tho I too use controller style B 

X=gas

R1=boost

square= normal brake

O= ebrake

btw how you doing on your christmas goal ?  i haven't noticed a new DD leaderboard time from you,, why don't you just start out by beating your old time ?.

Please use plain text.
Message 510 of 610 (6 Views)
0 Likes