Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2372 posts

Re: The Unofficial Beginner’s Guide to Motorstorm

Dec 19, 2007

NotoriousRJF wrote:

"Idle" = The race is almost ready to start, the host has set up the race and settings are final. Depending on the host the race may be idle for a few seconds or the whole countdown. Some hosts start it quickly to keep the room racing regardless of racers.  Other hosts like to get a full room and will wait until they get enough people to warrant starting the race.

And then there are just some hosts who have simply been abducted by aliens and let the timer count all the way to 0 despite having a completely full (or nearly full) room...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Sharp Tooth Goblin Berserker
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 97 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2372 posts

Dec 27, 2007
Bumping this back to the top of the first page for all the new folks.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Sharp Tooth Goblin Berserker
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 97 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Dec 27, 2007
I second that! If you're a noob, and you're hosting please go ahead and start the race if you have 10 or so people. There's no sense in letting the clock run out if you have a full room. It's frustrating and a waste of time for the other players. If you're not comfortable hosting, simply exit the room then log back in. The room will automatically choose a new host once you leave. Also, I entered several rooms last night with non-starter hosts. If you're going to leave, for whatever reason, please LOG OFF or exit to the server lobby! Even if you're not hosting. If the host leaves, the server may pick you to become the host even if you're a non-starter. If you're not around then everyone else in the room is resigned to racing the last track the previous host picked over and over and over again. I really hope that in the next update, Evos will make it so that you can't have a non-start host or that if someone is a non-starter for two or so races, the system automatically boots them from the room. Thanks and see you on the track!
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 97 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
890 posts

Dec 28, 2007
i dint understand something to you need do pay to play motorstorm online or do you need do update it and pay for the update?
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 97 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Dec 28, 2007
no, its free.  the extra tracks cost $6 each if you want them
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 97 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
890 posts

Dec 28, 2007
what tracks are they and do you use them?
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 97 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2493 posts

Dec 29, 2007
Very nice!!!!  Pulitzer material here...jk! 

Now, we need to make this even simpler.. like MOTORSTORM FOR DUMMIES!!

Seriously, I've seen the same post topic 3 times today all within the first ten threads.. this is not just asinine, but shows how lazy people are!!!

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING YOUR QUESTIONS!!!
How To Bring Back MotorStorm: Evaluate / Standardize / Realistic Locations
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 97 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Dec 30, 2007

Everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!  Sorry for all the errors in the guide, I've updated it and fixed most of the mentioned errata.  The updates include:

Changes to grammatical errors and typos of the entire document.

Changes to the 'Playstation Forums Races' section (corrected Hosts and Friends request)

Changes to the 'Best Vehicles to Use' section (added more vehicles)

Updated 'Best Paths' section (with link to USMSL videos)

New 'Winning in Offline' section

Thanks for all the constructive criticism to really make this guide great.

On a separate note, I have been thinking of changing the title of the guide.  If anyone has any ideas, comments, or suggestions, please reply.

Also, I was thinking of adding a USMSL section.  I was wondering if anyone would like to write something about it, because I'm sure someone actually in the league could write something much more informative than I could.

Napoleon-X wrote:

This was a problem in NASCAR 2003 for the PC.  Essentially intentional wreckers.  Papyrus included a feature to vote someone out (never used by drivers) but if there was a server admin in the room, they could still be booted.

Is there a provision for ejecting people like this from a race?

Unfortunately, there is not a feature like this yet in Motorstorm.  However, if you have a mic, calling someone out usually bothers them enough to leave.

And to elcheapo: Yes, it is my name

And to Tool_Minion:  I'm glad this guide has helped you, as I hope it will for many others.  Just so you know, the Best Vehicles section has been slighly updated with some other vehicle options thanks to plong.

Thanks again to everyone for all your support, and remember, if you have any ideas at all, just post!

Message Edited by Beamer23 on 12-29-2007 04:01 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 97 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
496 posts

Dec 31, 2007
bump(ha)!

just trying to help the newbies!!!

read this before asking any questions!!!!
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 97 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Dec 31, 2007
Good Post Bro!
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 97 (1 View)
0 Likes