Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
786 posts

Re: The Story of a MSPR ADDICTION

Nov 5, 2009

LEEDS1992 wrote:

I dont know whether to say great story but I feel for you Big Rear!! I bought my PS3 in July 2007 it came with NHL 2K7 I also bought Motorstorm. I played the hockey game for about 20 minutes and then put in MS and that is when the addiction started. Now bearing In mind I am in my late 30's and I always loved gaming from the early Atari days through the eighties playing my C64 I dont think I have played a more addictive game than Motorstorm. Other PS3 games came and went I bought a few played them for a couple of days then you guessed it I headed back to the valley.

League nights in PSL against Tin, Tnan are jsut fabulous. Then November 08 and MSPR launch day I took my wife to the bus stop to go to work I went to Tesco purchased

the game and played all day on a days holiday. A year later and it still is a great game despite the flaws and racing online to me is still great except when you are racing the

cheats and glichers (you know who you are). I prefer racing as opposed to TA and have never put the shift in like you guys on one track hence my last time I looked around

180th on the Turdus site.

To me Motorstorm and MSPR are real addiction and as my best Mate says I am infatuated by the game but we certainly all are I think!!

I know for certain Tinribbs you will get the 3rd game when and if it is released because you wont resist.

Cirrus I agree with your big Motorstorm party / get together I reckon it would be fabulous put me down and I will tell the Wife and Baby Lucas that I am going to Motorstorm party she will give out a massive sigh!!!

As you say Christmas is coming Big rear it cant be a hard decision between a new pair of rudolph underpants or a PS3 see you on the track on boxing day!!!! 

Good post mate, I agree about the league nights - almost always a pleasure

Shame Paris is getting in my way of attending these days

As for MS3 - you're right it wll be difficult, but I think I'll be strong enough.  Well have to see

Servers are evil!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 38 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Nov 5, 2009

Hey Big-Rear! Bif thanks for sharing. It was SO close to home, I read your story thinking I'd written it myself (maybe whilst drunk too and I couldn't remember).... until I got to the nutty smash job at the end! So funny mate.

Like you I'd never owned a gaming console before the start of this year (was a PC gamer through and through). I went through EVERYTHING you said. My wife thinks I'm a nut job and she's not too pleased our little son (born a couple of month before my addiction kicked in) is being brought up by a guy obsessed by a 'game'. I keep telling her nothing is just 'a game' but I'm now used to her odd looks.

I've, not smashed anything yet but my waking moment was when I loudly screamed, cursed and generally went a bit mental whilst trying to edge up Turdus's board (endless Kudos to that guy BTW) only to find my 6 month old son laughing at me!! He made me feel smaller than HIM and certainly put some perspective on where I was wrongly focusing my energy. I calmed down a little after that but MSPR conjures up so much passion... I just don't know where it's coming from. My PS3 is purely a MSPR box and I wouldn't have believed anyone if they'd told me that a year ago.

Anyway, back to hastily changing nappies (or diapers for most) in between the tracks loading....!

Message Edited by TTLandlord on 11-05-2009 11:49 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 38 (7 Views)
Splicer
46 posts

Nov 6, 2009

Big-Rear wrote:

TTLANDLORD

Thanks for your sharing too, Great story also. Yes I know the look you must get from the wife only too well. Women just don't understand...LOL. I have now got another ps3 and can't wait to get back into it...Lol

See you on the track...

Tell me about it. I TRY to make an effort to be at least a little interested in handbags 'n' that.... why can't she show some appreciation of a Molotov Drago for God's sake!!

Is it healthly that my son's first sentance may begin "An Island...... Born from fire......"?

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 38 (7 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1154 posts

Nov 6, 2009
good thing about drakes is my wife loves watching me play it... now all i need is to get ezerider to let me have the game instead of borrowing it... she love ufc too but she kicks my butt so i dont like the game
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 38 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
321 posts

Nov 6, 2009

My Wife hates it with a vengeance...LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 38 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Nov 6, 2009
Some women do understand. My girlfriend doesn't care for rift but loved MS1. We bought a second ps3 so we didn't have to take turns and could race together.

Pacific Rift, "A game. Born from code. Shaped by bugs. Claimed by glitchers. And abandoned by Evo + SONY.........."
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 38 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jan 15, 2012

Cirrus5005 wrote:

I've always dreamt about having a massive MotorStorm Party in one location where everyone on turdus' site shows up with named shirts ... and we have a big party 

Surger

We should do this!

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 38 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jan 15, 2012

I know all about the Wife and the PS3, BUT taking a hammer to it WOW ! Permanent reminder of a temporary feeling (Lyric from Jimmy Buffett song) Hope all works out that's a lot of free time have fun and Big-Rear get rid of that hammer DUDE!

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 38 (7 Views)
0 Likes