Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
334 posts

Re: The Final Curtain

Oct 10, 2010

Dani,

I never had the pleasure to race with you. But have heard enough about you to know you are a speed merchant. Sorry to see you walk away completely, but I do understand.

I don't really know if MSPR is an addiction or not. I know for me at one time it was an obbsession/addiction.  And a very wise man (not me) once said we never eliminate an addiction, we merely replace it with hopefully something more productive and less harmful. And since I know I can become addicted to anything that is enjoyable and/or fun. I know this replacement theory is true. So Dani I know too well that the pendulum swung way too far in the MSPR world and has to swing way back the other way to eventually find a comfortable balance. I wish you well in that search for balance.

@ Willy,

Boy you are right about TA, merely getting your name on a board and the hours and hours it takes just to get your name there is extremely frustrating. Now I still make attempts at a couple of tracks now and then but my tolerance level is just about done for TA. So most of my racing now is just the motorbowl, reall nice people and every one just having fun, nothing serious.

But I must say it would be much easier to let go of the TA desire if I was as fast as you Willy.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
427 posts

Oct 11, 2010

hondo2doc wrote:

Dani,

I never had the pleasure to race with you. But have heard enough about you to know you are a speed merchant. Sorry to see you walk away completely, but I do understand.

I don't really know if MSPR is an addiction or not. I know for me at one time it was an obbsession/addiction.  And a very wise man (not me) once said we never eliminate an addiction, we merely replace it with hopefully something more productive and less harmful. And since I know I can become addicted to anything that is enjoyable and/or fun. I know this replacement theory is true. So Dani I know too well that the pendulum swung way too far in the MSPR world and has to swing way back the other way to eventually find a comfortable balance. I wish you well in that search for balance.

@ Willy,

Boy you are right about TA, merely getting your name on a board and the hours and hours it takes just to get your name there is extremely frustrating. Now I still make attempts at a couple of tracks now and then but my tolerance level is just about done for TA. So most of my racing now is just the motorbowl, reall nice people and every one just having fun, nothing serious.

But I must say it would be much easier to let go of the TA desire if I was as fast as you Willy.

Thank you very much hondo, you have just phrased exactly what I feel but couldn't write down clearly myself. Indeed a shame we have never raced together. I've been able to stay off the game for 4 days now, what an achievement Just kidding haha. I do think you are right about TA, I've done a bit too much myself haha, hence the fact that I probably wouldn't be able trust myself with moderating. So I decided it's best to leave it as it is

If speed kills, I'm suicidal :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
417 posts

Oct 11, 2010

Danipsv - Sorry to see you are hanging up your racing gloves, it was always good fun racing with you.

I'm sorry you are going but I understand your reasons - good luck mate.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
592 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Danipsv wrote:

I love this game, and I love all the people who play it. Had some fantastic races this afternoon with blammy, that was awesome, thanks mate

I got into the game about a year ago, started playing online straight away in Ranked. Learned all the possible glitches just because everyone did them. My dearest friend Jerony told me not to glitch because the top guys never do it, and that was when I stopped. Yet I've glitched more than I like to admit.

Around Christmas I started doing TA. We had some epic TA-battles with Jerony, hanging on the phone and describing our runs to each other. One of my favourite quotes when I look back is when we were both doing beachcomber bike:

Dani "OMG 1:18 "

Jerony: " 1:15 ' 

Dani: ' HOW? '

Around january and february I was decent enough to get into some custom rooms, where I met RICHARD_LAYMON and bolkiebasher. Both amazing people, great fun to race with. RICHARD was my ticket into some bigger rooms, where I met people who were only TA-ghosts until then.

Along the way I met people like Cirrus, BlackWolves and willywayne, smrtb0mb, Lewis_Hamilton_ and other greats who have never been selfish when it came to sharing info. Thanks guys for that

In the summer holidays I came back to TA and got myself 7th on All Summed. MSPR has one problem: Don't stop till you reach the top doesn't apply when it comes to this game. You always keep expanding your boundries. and you never get enough.

Today, I didn't get enough either. But I've had enough of not getting enough, enough is enough. So today I say goodbye to Motorstorm Pacific Rift. Goodbye guys!

Well Dani, more than 2 years after this post...you did quit, and we're quitting with you. Am I (and we I'm sure) so glad it took you more than 2 years to quit. :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for all the f great times. 

:smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (309 Views)
Sackboy
427 posts

Oct 2, 2012
Can't believe you dug up this thread bolkie... I'd already long forgotten about it :smileyvery-happy: And indeed, we've had an enormous blast and a great run, thank you, everyone who has raced and embraced me in the MS-community <3
If speed kills, I'm suicidal :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (261 Views)
0 Likes