First Son
9 posts

Re: No Second Chances - new and improved...

Feb 5, 2012

This is a great idea. 

I always thought that worst part of Motorstorm was the select button.  If you get wrecked or crash, you should have a huge penalty. 

You guys use the honor system or some such? 

I would love to do a no restart tourny but I could see a lot of problems with people cheating or being accused of cheating ...

It really don't matter if I lose this fight. It really don't matter if this guy opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.
Message 10 of 54 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Feb 5, 2012

by no restarts it means not restarting the race.

so if you crash, too bad, you're stuck with a bad time. but yea it is very honesty based, as there is nothing to gain by winning i don't believe anyone has ever cheated.

Message 11 of 54 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Feb 6, 2012

It's also very obvious to tell if someone has cheated lol. We are a group of collective intelligence of anything and everything MotorStorm. If a random person runs a 1:26.XX 1 lap scorched, I'm gonna call bullshit. lol.

Message 12 of 54 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Feb 8, 2012

quick question on hallowed earth. is the shortcut allowed? the one where you just drive up a hill through a bunch of brush and trees. i considered that route legit and it's really the only one i take.

Message 13 of 54 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Cirrus and I had a little discussion about this a couple of days ago, and I've come to a conclusion on this issue...

This round, you're free to do whatever - as it wasn't specified.  True, cirrus and wildheart90 held to their beliefs and went for the full scenic route out of principle, but by the time they'd done that some other times had been posted - and I've no idea how they were driven...

So yeah, this time all's fair.

In future, however, I've changed the tracks listing sheet so that it will read "Hollowed Earth (no shortcut)"....

Rift should go w/o saying!

Cheers,

Ty

Message 14 of 54 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Feb 9, 2012

i don't really believe in any route, I just took the outside (well, tried to) route to be safe as I was unsure of the rules, and cause I didn't care about winning I didn't think to chase it up for clarification.

I am very happy to see that 10 people did it even though 4 of the tracks were DLC.

Message 15 of 54 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Feb 10, 2012

Whoah whoah whoah - stop press!

umm - made a silly formula error, and I was looking at incorrect total times!

Revised results:
PR
danipsv, jagerade, offroad_settings
A
back2, dreamcatcher, jagerade
MV
andrewm0304, Horst540, Dawnrazor67

Message 16 of 54 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Feb 10, 2012

On the high-rent pay-as-you-go resort island, there was a rich mix of controversy, scandal, and stubborn pride!  Almost read like a bad soap with all the scenic vs shortcut malarkey...  ooh!

Nonetheless, Jagerade dusted off his old PR disc to demolish all of the squabblers with a solid win.  danipsv and cirrus5005 came up with the next best times with various mixes of Hollowed Earth ideologies put in practice.  Good stuff indeed.  I came in 5th!!! Yeah, that's in the TOP HALF.  whooo! (and no shortcut taken, I may add)

Team Denmark was well represented with 1st and 2nd class tickets on the A train.  Good work Back2 and Dreamcatcher.  Horst540 was hardly in the caboose, just behind them too.  Great to see some newcomers as well.  And my old jazz-standard accompanied run did not come in last - phew!

And there were more sunburned warriors in the red earth than ever before too for some good racing.  Andrewm0304 was truly Born to Win, and Horst540 and Dawnrazor67 were close behind.  Leeds1992 thrashed it out bravely too.  Nice.

Anyhow - see you all on NSC 16 "Quickie!".

www.tiyen.com/nsc

Message 17 of 54 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Feb 17, 2012

All hail the mighty Sugar Rush! Who casts the gods down to become mere mortals....

Amazing how the drama really unfolded this week on the island - as the videos came in (and there were tons - awesome!!) pundits and racers alike were filling the bandwidth with all sorts of predictions, early congratulations and concessions.... And in the end the results were a big surprise all determined in the final hours!

Remi came out of nowhere at the end and crushed everyone's times by a good 10 seconds - including a cane run with a _rally car_! Would have loved to have seen that - talk about risk - find that camera, sir! Dani with his alter-ego Kokiak put in a very solid set of runs, as did Etnies for the podium spots.

But - the real winner of this week's MSPR is undoubtedly that red factory out in the fields.... No one could put it better than Dani in his epic commentary (do watch) and nobody save remi made it though unscathed. And the Island Gods laughed.

On another minor note, I came in 7th out of 15, which I'm pleased about - any tips or comments on the videos are appreciated though. cheers!

In the city Dream came through and took the win. Perhaps Back2 had a crystal ball in calling that result from the beginning... Babsodus and Jerony came in next. Jerony asked for a podium spot - and got one. Perhaps this was the race of accurate predicitons - in contrast to the Island!

Great to see snake55 joining in with a very entertaining video too. Nice!

Well deserts are lonely places - and even more so this week. Good job Leeds for stirring up some dust out there. More next time?

Anyhow- it's been a great week and I'm very excited about next week's races too - Surf's Up!

Message 18 of 54 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Feb 20, 2012

This looks great-

I haven't been on in forever but I think I'll join in!

Message 19 of 54 (151 Views)
0 Likes