Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
50 posts

Re: NSC's final event - Last chance to race mulitplayer for all 5 MotorStorm games

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

Well, this is it -- the finale of over one whole year of Self-Service No Second Chances racing!!!

By the time the dust had settled, we ran over FOUR THOUSAND races, and posted some TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY videos. Astounding stats, really!

redirect-001.jpg

Great to see so much racing on all five games this week, with no less than four racers doing all 25 races - awesome. That's a first, and I'm certianly stoked to see that kind of participation. Awesome stuff, Chigro, yahtzee_of_ones and BNAMN.

In this ancient valley, a newww breed of warrior re-emerged. Chigro dominated, with the fastest times of the day on all five tracks. Good stuff. BNAMN put in some very stong runs as well for second - and my brother and I eventually got around all of the tracks!

On the island, there was a really interestig spread of good times from a bunch of racers, but in the end Cirrus5005, mr Motorstorm himself, managed to bring his little buggy around all five of the courses in the fastest overall time to take this final NSC. And with a video showing some pretty gnarly errors as wel! Nevertheless, even with a brutal pipe-jump crash he brought in a very very respectable FTD on sugar rush - and what a beautiful roof jump too!!! A joy to watch the buggy take in infamous inside line of PB as well - securing a time way ahead of any competitor. Nice. Gravity2go came to the party and brought hit top-heavy car aound quite well indeed as well for second place. Low logs on Colossus or not, he brought in the fastest Colossus time - what might have been.... BNAMN is Mr Consistency - and brought in solid times on every track to get on the podium. Chigro also delivered on each track for a solid spot. yahtzee_of_ones put in a steaming riptide time, though he hid have the right vehicle... Bolkie had a most impressive landing on Colossus - check the link in my comment on his video! And I had a pretty disastrous set of runs, indeed - but it's NSC after all....

I think all of the arctic racers should get a collective award for 100% attendance. Every single signup was followed through with a set of times. Good stuff from the North! Well, what can i say, BNAMN is the undisputed master of the ice, with a clean sweep of fastest times. You are a legend. The rest of us all gave it a good to, but with almost 40 seconds on the next racer - you've got this one sewn up! Nonetheless, great racing from Chigro, Snake55wildcat and yahtzee_of_ones... yahtzee and I actually did our races split-screen, which pushed the poor old ps2 to the limit with staggering frame rates and some rendering weirdness... but what can I say, my plugger got blown away (not to mention pushed out of the way more than a few times - but hey, it's Motorstorm)!

Good racing in the city this time as well - with a strange twist of a phantom interloper.... Jagerade clearly took the top spot by some 6 seconds, with FTD on two tracks. Good win, sir! Kaa0skrisse put in some solid times for second - and let me take this opportunity to thank you again for running the msa wars forum way-back-when that let me really put the ideas together for the SSNSC and promote the early events. Cheers, sir! Chigro put in some good times for a podium place with his rat rod - which isn't the easiest of cars to drive by any standard. Jerony put in a blazing time of Falling Down with his truck, and not a bad city limits either. Back2HauntU fell victim to his predictions - but still brought home decent times nonetheless. Snake55wildcat is a true hero - full grid of 16 cars and trucks as and sporting a special NSC 53 Livery as well on his SC. Just awesome - love the livery, and that photo linked from you video is just pure cool. Good stuff! BNAMN, yahtzee and I also did our best. The dark horse this time, however, was Russein- with only two times posted - but how fast those two times were! Both good for FTDs... what might have been!

In RC, Snake55wildcat got around all the tracks way ahead of everyone. Is the SC just too fast to compare with the other classes? Perhaps, perhaps not - but alas the allocations are random so there's no real adavantage... Nonetheless, there's no detracting from his great times, way ahead of the competition showing some great driving. Nice. BNAMN and Chigro too the other spots on the podium, and my brother and I rounded out the field. All in all it was pretty tight though, apart from the first and last places! Nice.

Well, there you go - one year of NSC racing wound up in a great finale. Thanks to everyone that raced over the past year and for all the suggestions and ideas for refinements that have helped make this series so successful!!!

Thank you all for the fun times and keep on Motorstormin'!!!

overall results:

www.tiyen.com/nsc

Message 51 of 54 (316 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Re: NSC's final event - Last chance to race mulitplayer for all 5 MotorStorm games

Nov 6, 2012

what the?

I thought the last NSC lasts until Thursday night as always.. I'm to late -_-

Message 52 of 54 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Etnies_1996 wrote:

what the?

Bummer! It was actually scheduled to finish last Thursday, 1 Nov - but by popular demand I kept it open through the weekend....  Thanks for your great races and videos earlier on though!  Good stuff!!!

And... stay tuned for a new PR project that Cirrus and I are working on... early stages, but I think you'll like it!

Message 53 of 54 (265 Views)
Fender Bender
3301 posts

Nov 7, 2012

offroad_settings wrote:

Etnies_1996 wrote:

what the?

Bummer! It was actually scheduled to finish last Thursday, 1 Nov - but by popular demand I kept it open through the weekend....  Thanks for your great races and videos earlier on though!  Good stuff!!!

And... stay tuned for a new PR project that Cirrus and I are working on... early stages, but I think you'll like it!

Popular demand being me i think. :smileyvery-happy: I had a shot this week but Cirrus wasn't going to have any of that.

Thanks for running this!

Message 54 of 54 (258 Views)