Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Re: No Second Chances! (all 5 MotorStorm games...)

Mar 9, 2012

haha I love your histories

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 54 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Mar 17, 2012

All five Motorstorm venues set the stage for some serious battle this week. Nevertheless, only two warriors braved the heat, the sea, the ice, the smog and the drivers' rostrum - and one of them came through to dominate in the valley. Good work to Chigro for winning the MV event! I think I place my first ever FTD as well, so I can't complain...

On the island Cirrus5005 kicked sand into the faces of all the other competitors on all of the original tracks - clear wins by several seconds on most of them! However - the fact is that almost half of PR's tracks are DLC, and they are part of the game... So good work to Xx-Miss-April-xX for showing how to do it on Engorged. That track's got such completely different routes for each vehicle. Really cool, actually. Nonetheless, despite the DLC, Cirrus5005 took a clear win with Tinribbs and Xx-Miss-April-xX coming in second and third with solid runs. Good stuff!

Battling it out on the ice, BNAMN swept everyone else away in an avalanche of consistently fast times. Very close competition on quite a few of the tracks from ToaNuva adn Chigro however - awesome. I, on the other hand, really just had fun stuffing about in the snow and making angels, I guess. Always concerned that my secondary 60gb ps3 is going to blow and YLOD again if I leave it on for one second longer than necessary as its fan howls away - so I don't really get any practice in. That's my excuse. Yep.

Veni vidi vici: vinniebarbarino. That pretty much sums it up! Vinnie arrives, surveys the challenge, and wins. And by over 5 seconds too! Jerony and babsodus came in for a close 2nd and 3rd. Lots of great racing too.

Some good scaled-down fun this week too. snake55wildcat won the event by a good margin - and put together the most well annotated NSC video ever. Wow! Chigro and I were both far behind for 2nd and 3rd. It's amazing how differently each of the little cars drive - after racing supercars I had a tough time getting used to being able to turn in at the last minute in the FWD superminis. Oof. As it turned out I missed my real rc race meet last Sunday - so this sort of substituted. Well not really - but it was fun. At least fixing broken parts is a lot cheaper in MSRC!

All in all a good week of NSC - thanks! Next week, it's plain vanilla - all games without any add ons - right out of the box. Should keep a few of you grumbly ones happy for a bit!

results up on: https://docs.google.com/a/tiyen.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqqY-uYqVFfzdFpmVmRMcjRBX2RXejFHaU9TZ3NsUkE...

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 54 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Mar 23, 2012

tumblr_l7d1wa2v1L1qab0eto1_500.jpg

NSC 21 "Vanilla" through 22 March 2012

Wow - with 215 races run, this may have been the biggest NSC ever.   Awesome!

In the desert, Kegs11 dusted off his old skills and took a well-deserved win.  BNAMN was less than half a second behind - which is amazingly close considering there's almost 500 seconds of racing involved. That's one-tenth of a percent! Cool.  Xx-Miss-April-xX brought up 3rd.  Good stuff.

Danipsv did indeed make sushi out of the tracks with his Wakazashi Razor - watch the video - it's poetry.  (And you can yet your Epic Sax Guy fix whilst you're at it.)  Tinnribbs got his truck around very well indeed for second place.  And in third - is bolkiebasher!  Congratulations, good sir!  Very smooth runs that brought you to the podium in a very competitive field.  Nice.

BNAMN is a living legend in the snow, and he took the win by over 10 seconds.  Xx-Miss-April-xX kept us in the xmas mood though with the fastest times of the day on several tracks, and a catchy Kmart-in-December soundtrack.  Technical difficulties plagued Kegs11 and I, but I'll be back next week armed with a real PS2...

vinniebarbarino continues his 100% win record on MSA even as he shops for pets.  babsodus put in some fast times (and an extended coffee break?) to come in second.  Russein pipped SpacestarV3 for thrid by an incredibly tight .03 seconds overall.  Wow!  Well, SpacestarV3's runs did take over 10 hours... Great turnout on MSA though - huge field and lots of great videos....

SpacestarV3 cleaned up on RC though - amazing control on some very challenging tracks.  Watch how he gets the rally car around Cargo Hold with tight apexes. Wow.  Jerony and LEEDS1992 were brought up 2nd and 3rd, with everyone else not too far behind.  Good stuff.

results:
https://docs.google.com/a/tiyen.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqqY-uYqVFfzdFpmVmRMcjRBX2RXejFHaU9TZ3NsUkE...

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 54 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Apr 13, 2012

NSC 24 "Open 24 Hours" through 12 April 2012

24hour1.jpg

results: https://docs.google.com/a/tiyen.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqqY-uYqVFfzdFpmVmRMcjRBX2RXejFHaU9TZ3NsUkE...

Well, what can I say - this stint of NSC has had over 1200 races run over some 24 weeks with a good time being had by all w/o any hassle so far. That's the good (great) news!

More concerning is that I'm having to spend more and more time ironing out problems when people either go in and make a mess of the sheet by not using the UNDO button when making a mistake, or (shudder to think) actively sabotaging the system. Now I know there are limitations to an open google docs based spreadsheet like this. However, if someone really wants to stuff something up, even the most robust system can be brought down. I honestly think that tightening up security etc on the sheet is not the answer. The fact is that I am very happy to keep the Self Service NSC sheets going (it takes me under 10 minutes each week to turn around an event now) but the whole thing relies on people in the MotorStorm community being good-natured and playing along in the spirit of it all.

I'm not going to just throw my toys out of my pram and have some sort of tantrum or anything. But believe me, I have neither the time nor the inclination to deal with rubbish relating to this small side project. It's proven to be good fun, and I look forward to it continuing! I love NSC!

Anyhow... back to the race report!

In the valley, Kegs blasted ahead unchallenged to win. Lots of sign ups - but not so many runs.... Now, I'm as guilty as everyone else here - I've been on a project out here in Bangladesh for the last two weeks, but I'm coming back to the Valley this week! (And to be honest the thought of the dry clear air of the desert really appeals to me after being here in steamy Dhaka and Moulvibazar for a while!)

And don't let anyone tell you that MSPR has gone "boring". NO! andre_367 makes an ssnsc debut to completely own the competition on the island. Some absolutely on-fire times too. I'd love to see that riptide. Wow. Tinribbs and Cirrus both went in cold for their runs (a very hardxcore gesture, indeed) and secured second and third. The real drama this time is the rise of kaa0skrisse! bolkiebasher held him off from 4th by a mere 3 hundredths of a second... better get your game on bolkie! And awesome progress, Kris. Great to see COD5freek putting in some respectable times too. Nice!!!

BNAMN continues his domination in the snow, but watch out for Dawnrazor67! Now that Dawnrazor67 and I both have PS2s and AE - we're on your case!

Some very competitive racing in the city too - Jerony combined a solid performance and a great vehicle for first place, but SpacestarV3 wasn't too far behind on his ATV... Great to see TRAXXAS58 on the podium too for his first ssnsc - good stuff, sir! I was going to make a joke comparing Back2hauntU's comments on his truck's performance to another performance issue having to do with things happening too soon - but I'm not about to lower the tone... Good racing, and great to see some new faces taking part. Neverthleess, lots of signups w/o times.... (and I know I'm guilty too)

Kegs11 does a barrel roll to secure top spot on RC with this supercar. Yes, they're really fast (too fast?) but alas, chance is part of NSC after all! Nevertheless, SpacestarV3 took two of the tracks with his rc, so a washout it was not!

Anyhow - I'm very excited about NSC 25 coming up next week. It'll be the first one I'll be able to race in for a while now, and it's going to be great! When the randomiser did its thing, all the tracks in MV and PR are originals again and I'm quite chuffed with my little MFP picture.... One extra rule - whoever gets the Lunar Tec Yeti MT on the island MUST use the yellow Mad Max paint job! I'm (almost) bummed that I didn't get it!

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 54 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Apr 13, 2012

NSC 22 "Catch-22" through 29 March 2012reno02_noseart6-001.jpg

https://docs.google.com/a/tiyen.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqqY-uYqVFfzdFpmVmRMcjRBX2RXejFHaU9TZ3NsUkE...

Very close battle between Cirrus5005 and Tinribbs on the island - but the Buggy didn't like bamboo!  Alcaa wanted a top 3 buggy time... and got top 3 overall!  Good work!

BNAMN's times in the arctic were miles ahead of senaur98's this time.  Wow!  He's been waiting for a rallycar - and I suppose it's been worth the wait!  It'd be great to see a video of the master in action... Nice.

Evildoofus is tasting the sweet nectar of Victory - with fastest times in all but one track! Awesome!  Jerony came in second a few seconds behind, and Space came in third.

In RC, Jerony had a very lucky draw - and he certainly did not waste the opportunity.  Fast times!  SpacestarV3 and snake55wildcat were just behind in second and third places.

Unfortunately I've been super busy this week - so no times at all for me.  Further I must prewarn everyone that I might not be able to finish up next week's NSC (23 "Firefighters") exactly on time either, as I'm going away to deepest darkest Bangladesh for a couple of weeks to visit some schools etc.  If I can get to a computer and internet, I'll take care of it, but I can't guarantee that it'll all be ready by Friday morning.  Cheers! offroad_settings

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 54 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Apr 20, 2012

NSC 26 "Stellar Parallax" through 26 April 2012

parallax.gif

signup:

www.tiyen.com/nsc

Half a year of Self-Service NSC!

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 54 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Apr 22, 2012

NSC 25 "Mad Max" through 19 April 2012

BigBoppernsc1.jpg

results: https://docs.google.com/a/tiyen.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqqY-uYqVFfzdFpmVmRMcjRBX2RXejFHaU9TZ3NsUkE...

All things considered, this was a pretty healthy NSC with some good competition accross the board.  I'm not sure if there's been such good racing for all 5 games in one week before, so that's a really good sign! Next step is to get people racing if they sign up....  Commendations to all the AE racers for perfect attendance!

Anyhow, Kegs11 had to work a little bit harder this week to maintain his dominance in the desert, but he held me off by (umm) well over a minute!  Practice needed.  On the other hand, once kaa0skrisse buys the DLC - we've both got something to worry about!  Congrats as well to kaa0s for getting FTD in 3 of the five races. That's 3 of the 4 he ran!

Tinribbs powered the purple Yeti around the island for a clear win in Pacific Rift.  'Course it could have been the yellow red and blue one that's an homage to the MFP pursuit cars in the eponymous 1979 Australian movie, but alas - a win's a win!  Xx-Miss-April-xX didn't have her cars f-ckd with this time and it's a good thing as she drove her long-wheelbase rally car to a strong second place - way ahead of the rest of the pack. kaa0skrisse continues his rising MSPR trajectory, stepping up to the podium.  Good stuff sir!

In the snow, BNAMN is a true legend. Fastest time of the Day on each track, and an overall time more than 75 seconds ahead of anyone else!  I'd really love to see some video of that to see how that's done!  I did a video this time, but dont' hold your breath watching it as even at 2x speed, it's loooonggg. Practice required!  Nevertheless, Dawnrazor67 bagged 2nd place and Kegs11 was right on his heels in 3rd.

TRAXXAS58 stepped up to dominate in the city - with FTD on 4 tracks and a clear overall win.  Good work! Jagerade wasnt far back, and babsodus and Back2HauntU were right there vying for 3rd and 4th places.  Snake55wildcat was heroic with his extra challenges as always, this time running with a full  grid of competitors.  hardxcore.  At least I got to use my Mad Max paintjob on the Orbiter in my video - with cool music as well I may add.

And last but not least, SpacestarV3 totally owned RC with his racing truck. I got 2nd place (yaay!) with a tiny whining box of gears and Kegs11 was right on my rear bumber with his MT.

Good racing - and look forward to even more compitition next time.  It's hard to believe that the Self-Service No Second Chances has been running now for 26 weeks - that's half a year!  The title of next week's is a bit astrophysics-ey but I'm in the midst of writing a dissertation on astrophysics and it's on my mind.  I'm sure you can work out the connection to 26 weeks...

Edit 22 April 2012:

Due to an irregularity, TRAXXAS58 has withdrawn from the MSA competition for NSC 25. Jagerade is the winner in the City, with babsodus and Back2HauntU also on the podium. Moreover, Jerony has since added added his (late) times - which would have been very competitive indeed!

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 54 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

May 31, 2012

A quick heads-up that the NSC events are still going strong.... We're up to NSC 31 now!  There's one finishing up tonight, so there's still time to get in if you're up for it.... www.tiyen.com/nsc

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 54 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Re: Multiplayer MSPR Lives on -- Race NSC for all 5 MotorStorm games

Oct 6, 2012

NSC 50 "Hawaii Five-O" though 11 October 2012

Hawaii_Five-O_Title_Screen.png

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 54 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1587 posts

Re: Multiplayer MSPR Lives on -- Race NSC for all 5 MotorStorm games

Oct 10, 2012

Hate to break it to you (unless you're already aware of it), but the online multiplayer for MSPR has been shut down for good, so all that's left is the Time Attacks. :smileysad:

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 54 (288 Views)
0 Likes