Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Re: Etnies presents : Rally Car vs. Mudplugger Tournament!

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2012

To wildheart's last response on rallies having a good start, that is a very good point, but the plugger is also much easier to drive. I know some people might disagree but overall the plugger is fast, easy to maneuver, can take on any terrain, and has plenty of boost. Even if crashes don't occur, I'm thinking as a team, the pluggers will dominate. Guess we'll just have to see!! :smileyhappy: It's still a great tournament though. I remember when I ran Rigs vs. Mudpluggers and that was a blast!

And to Cirrus/Brian, I don't believe the 15/12 points format is a great way to do it. I don't see why 1st place should be rewarded when 2nd is usually right on their tail. I've always ran my tournaments as 12,11,10,9 etc. and NEVER has someone with less 1st place finishes won it. Trust me, if the top player is getting first very often, it's doubtful 2nd place is going to be right behind them EVERY race, and then the 1st place finisher will get 12th and the person will pass them in points. That just doesn't happen. In conclusion, I think the 12/11/10/9 format is and always will be the best way to score a tournament....but it's your tourney.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 140 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2012

hm I can follow you dawg, I just took this method because I played to much Mario Kart when I was young xD 

I even might have won " you only drive it twice " with this method, Chris had about 6 wins and I had only 1 single.

I add the point system to the front page

oh and to the balance, maybe it would be better if dawg or Chris would swap with someone of the Rally side.

I think it would be more balanced than 

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 140 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2952 posts

Jul 26, 2012

If we're chipping in on opinions for the points format ... I disagree with the 1 point run-down from 1st to 12th method, because I believe it grants positions like 4th and 5th too many points, and does not credit the efforts of the winner enough ... winning a race in my opinion should draw the highest value, as to me there is a winner, and then there is everyone else ... but if everyone else can simply hang in there with 1, 2 or just 3 points off the leader, then there's hardly any value in winning a race. I believe there's more of a lottery aspect to the tournament with the 12, 11, 10 method.

Surger
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 140 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2012

But the thing is Chris, let's say you win 5 races a row and I'm right on you the entire race for all 5 races. Maybe you mess up even and you're just holding me up...haha not likely, but you get my point. You are then 15 points ahead of me, despite my consistency. That's kinda where I'm going with this. So if you got 12th the next race, and I still got 2nd, you'd still be front of me in points even though my average rank is 2 and yours is 2.8333. I'm all right with 1st being awarded I guess, because when I screw up, it gives me more of a chance to catch up. I guess it's just a question of where wins are important, or whether consistency is important.

And, Brian, I'm really not much with a rally. Maybe I'll run the 20 courses later and see what I can whip out, but the plugger/rigs are my really good vehicles.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 140 (170 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
786 posts

Jul 26, 2012

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I've been on here, but heard about some tournaments and thought I'd have a look.

Sadly I only have one free weekend between now and October so I can do this if it's on the weekend of the 1st September (assuming it is on a weekend that is), if not just put me down as a reserve for anything and if I happen to be around or coming back from somewhere when it's on I'll join.

Good tournament by the way - I reckon it will be interesting to see who wins.  I always thought an RT vs RC tournament would be interesting as well, as they are so similarly matched as well.  And if I can't make this one, hopefully I'll make the Olympics - that was a great laugh.

Love your sig Critter, but you can't say Chelsea haven't deserved a slice of luck after all the bad luck they've had in the Champions League.  Mind you not as much bad luck as Bayern have had!!!

Servers are evil!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 140 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1425 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Agree with Cirrus on the higher points for podiums format. I just think it's more fun and interesting.

Agree with dawg on pluggers advantage, I think they've got the edge over the 16 tracks.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 140 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
427 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Haha this tournament has another amazing list of competitors. Having said that, I'm very flexible when it comes to which side you chuck me into :smileytongue: If changes need to be made, I'd be happy to get on board with the RC-team as well. The mid-weights are in general my strongest vehicles, doesn't really matter to me whether I'm RC-ing or Plugging this one :smileyhappy:
If speed kills, I'm suicidal :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 140 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
270 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2012

dawg4321 wrote:

But the thing is Chris, let's say you win 5 races a row and I'm right on you the entire race for all 5 races. Maybe you mess up even and you're just holding me up...haha not likely, but you get my point. You are then 15 points ahead of me, despite my consistency. That's kinda where I'm going with this. So if you got 12th the next race, and I still got 2nd, you'd still be front of me in points even though my average rank is 2 and yours is 2.8333. I'm all right with 1st being awarded I guess, because when I screw up, it gives me more of a chance to catch up. I guess it's just a question of where wins are important, or whether consistency is important.

And, Brian, I'm really not much with a rally. Maybe I'll run the 20 courses later and see what I can whip out, but the plugger/rigs are my really good vehicles.

But say with the 12 11 10 9 etc. system that Cirrus wins 4 races in a row and then is unlucky, and comes 7th ; you come  you come 2nd in almost every race except one where you come 3rd then it will mean that you fall ahead of cirrus in points despite him beating you in 4 out of the five races you would have 54 points and him 53. I would see this as an unfairly earned 1st place since you haven't won any of the races yet you are still on top . There's really no motivation to risk your position and you race with this point system as consistently coming 2nd to 4th every race can gaurantee you a top 3 spot.

http://motorstorming.comyr.com/vehicles/images/160%20Ozutsu%20Ronin.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 140 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Jul 27, 2012

I finally took Chris point system, but with 1 point less for the 1st.

You can see the list on the front

I also swapped Jerony with Chris, because the Plugger side is very very strong ( almost only Top 15 players ) and with Jerony it's still strong but the RC side is stroner than before.

I hope that Lewis reveals his old RCT skills :smileyvery-happy:

on another note, if someone complains about it I won't be angry or something like that! Just tell me how you think it's best.

I thought Jerony might have fun because of racing with Dani in a team :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 140 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2952 posts

Jul 27, 2012

That's cool with me, Globetrotter Ronin it is  :manwink:

Surger
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 140 (130 Views)
0 Likes