Dec 02 2009
By: Cezza_4 Hekseville Citizen 334 posts

Patch 1.03 wont let me play?

5 replies 222 views Edited Dec 2, 2009

Hello,

I downloaded the patch 1.03 this morning and after downloading and installing it, all the game does is sit on the loading screen with the motorstorm logo fading in and out. I waited more than 10 minutes and nothing seemed to be going on so i quit and tried a few more times, just to get the same result. I then went to my other account and tried it (it was the first time being played on that account) and it worked straight away.

Does anyone know how i can get my main account to work without deleting my data? because i don't particularly want to redo all of my time trials and festival.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5224 posts

Re: Patch 1.03 wont let me play?

Dec 2, 2009
i had a similar problem when i made a new account so i could participate in jagerade's alternative route challenge. I made a new account alt_route_axe hoping to being able to send a friend invite to alt_route_host but i couldn't log on to rift with the new account. Rift has more bugs in it than paris hilton's privates.

Happy to be here for almost 5 years.
Message 2 of 6 (222 Views)
Wastelander
500 posts

Dec 3, 2009

If you are able to play the game on a different account on the same PS3, then the problem is likely to a be with your game save data. To check, I would recommend that you delete your Game Data (not save data!) for Pacific Rift (from the Game Data utility on the XMB) and then attempt to download the update again, in case there was a problem with the download process.

Also, if you have downloaded either of the Expansion Packs prior to installing Update 1.03, you should remove them and then re-download them once the update is installed.

Message 3 of 6 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Dec 3, 2009

Phenom_Evolution wrote:

If you are able to play the game on a different account on the same PS3, then the problem is likely to a be with your game save data. To check, I would recommend that you delete your Game Data (not save data!) for Pacific Rift (from the Game Data utility on the XMB) and then attempt to download the update again, in case there was a problem with the download process.

Also, if you have downloaded either of the Expansion Packs prior to installing Update 1.03, you should remove them and then re-download them once the update is installed.

Well i took your advise and deleted the patch. I went back into the game and it was acting as like the first time i had played it.

Then a screen came up and said my save data is corrupt and would i like to launch some thing to delete it? **bleep**?

My data was just fine before i downloaded the patch and now it's tell me it's corrupt and wants to delete, what's going on there?

I only need to go online for the last few trophies but still, losing all my stuff licks balls.

Message 4 of 6 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Dec 4, 2009
Thats motorstorm for you.
Message 5 of 6 (222 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2013

I had a problem two days ago in Last Of Us (actually, is funny though the update version tag matches too), when I crossed the door to enter

Spoiler
Harry´s Office

the screen turned black and the PS3 locked up to the point not even pushing the PS button on the controller made anything.

It turned out to be a problem with the video that launches specifically at that moment...

I solved it by erasing the update (MainMenu>Game Data Utility> Last of Us 1.03 > Delete). and running the game again.

When prompted, do not download the update. Hope this helps with this game too! Cheers!

Message 6 of 6 (186 Views)
0 Likes