Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 23 2012
By: BlindMango Monster Hunter 36 posts

Pacific Rift Platinum Trophy to be Impossible Now?

[ Edited ]
8 replies 1074 views Edited Jul 23, 2012

So one of the reasons that online trophies are so much hated is because once the servers are switched off, it is impossible to ever get them again, no more platinum! The only way to make it possible again is if the developer actually decides to patch the game and unlock all online trophies at the game's start-up screen when the servers get shut off.

My question is, is Evolution Studios actually going to take the simple action to bring a patch out to unlock all the the multiplayer tophies for MotorStorm: Pacific Rift once they shut off their servers? I would HIGHLY recommend that they do this since they had the mistake of putting in multiplayer trophies in the first place, and they would lead an influence for other devs and games that shut their servers off in the future that feature online trophies.

This game is already impossible and frustrating enough to get a platinum on and now it will ACTUALLY be impossible! Thoughts? What do you guys think about the trophy situation here, and please tweet Evolution devs and company and message them too to get their attention, I already have. Thanks everyone!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1,074 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5697 posts

Re: Pacific Rift Platinum Trophy to be Impossible Now?

Jul 24, 2012

I am sorry to say, but I highly doubt they will do this. To give all the multiplayer trophies away simply because the servers are out would be, well to fair, cheating. Coming from a person who has earned the platinum I will tell you it is in no way easy. What Evo chooses to do with their servers should be our business as I am sure many players still want to play Pacific Rift. 

But this platinum is really rare and for that simple reason I would be annoyed if they gave all the hardest trophies away for free. As then the platinum would no longer be rare and those few who have it would be quite put out by it, including me.

I know for a fact this would not be the only impossible platinum, as they are now being called. There are a few games at this point which are fully impossible to platinumize simply due to server outages.

I think it's simply really. Keep the servers up forever :smileywink:

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1,043 Views)
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Jul 24, 2012
You've had like 5 years. haha.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1,038 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jul 24, 2012

I am not concerned about the platinum since I never planned on getting it anyway, I never said I wanted this platinum at all, I said I wanted it to be fair. What about someone who buys the game in 2 months wanting to platinum it and cannot because the servers are down! Why restrict it? I know you put hard work in getting your multiplayer trophies and this would be the "easy way out" for others but that is why multiplayer trophies are highly contraversial. It will still be a rare platinum either way because the 1 player trophies aren't exactly easy.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1,033 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Brrnout your reaction ... surprises me to say the least and i have the platinium too, but let's not get into that

i see absolutely no problem with this, it's only fair that they either give a way for players to still get the trophies or they give the trophies by default, it would show that the devs care about the gamers which isn't the case with Evo so don't count on that unfortunetaly

you make a good point with the multiplayer trophies being dumb, but you could also say that: only offline trophies would be boring and much less challenging especially since most of the games these days are all about online play

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1,016 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Jul 24, 2012
Trophy's are rewards for something you have done.
I see no point in handing them out for free nor in having one that I got for nothing.
SympathyCheck this out, if you like Motorstorm Rankings

RIP MSPR :smileysad: - Burn in hell Sony :smileytongue:

http://joban123.weebly.com
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1,009 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5697 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Remzfire69 wrote:

Brrnout your reaction ... Surprises me to say the least and I have the platinium too, but let's not get into that

i see absolutely no problem with this, it's only fair that they either give a way for players to still get the trophies or they give the trophies by default, it would show that the devs care about the gamers which isn't the case with Evo so don't count on that unfortunetaly

you make a good point with the multiplayer trophies being dumb, but you could also say that: only offline trophies would be boring and much less challenging especially since most of the games these days are all about online play

Why does it surprise you? I think it is a perfectly logical assumption they will not give the hardest trophies in the game away for free. You look at the stats on the platinum (Here:  http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/MotorStorm-Pacific-Rift/) and you will know it is one of the hardest out there. Why? Because of the way the online structure is. After the update you had to work really hard just to get to that top spot. Yes, I agree that online trophies are a truly bad idea. Mainly because not everyone has access to an online source, just like not everyone has access to a PlayStation Eye (Burnout Paradise) or not everyone has access to 4 controllers (many other games).

These trophies are about common sense. But, online ones are sort of a grey area. Yes, they do need an internet connection but they also take large amounts of skill. So what is a platinum trophy if it doesn't require skill to achieve?

Each developer has its own views on the matter, but a Platinum is not something you need to get. It's a pointless bonus. So if the servers are down 5 years down the road preventing completion, then I would not call it the server that has failed you, but rather the fact you never got around to playing the game earlier; and I see no reason why you should get free gifts for arriving late to the party.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (917 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Sep 10, 2012

I believe developers should start having dedicated servers for their games so this crap won't happen.  In Battlefield 3 you can rent your own server.  WARHAWK is still up & running.  Why? Dedicated servers that's why.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (827 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 1, 2012
I personally think the debs should listen to customers, loads of people hate online trophies, ea games are the worst but my suggestion would be not to patch the game for the trophies but when they bring a trophy list seperate the online trophies from single player so at least then when servers are turned off it won't effect getting a platinum
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (758 Views)
0 Likes