Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 11 2007
By: JuSToWn3dU Fender Bender 4384 posts

Motorstorm is messed up!

32 replies 7 views Edited Mar 11, 2007
i am really pissed off. my ps3 has never frozen in a game. i was playing motorstom online and it froze people told me it was normal. so i shrugged it off. and since then it had frozen on me twice during single player!! **bleep** why is this game so messed up? none of my other games ever freeze so i am almost certain it is not my ps3. this has pissed me off big time. i did not pay $60 for a glitchy game. i am returning it for a new copy and if the problem keeps on pursuing i will be returning this unfinished piece of software. great game, but **bleep**?
Message 1 of 33 (7 Views)
Fender Bender
3301 posts

Re: Motorstorm is messed up!

Mar 11, 2007
My ps3 has done this once on MotorStorm, but it has alos done it on other games. I just go to the back and reset it. It only happens to me maybe once a month. I woudn't get so angry about it.
Message 2 of 33 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Mar 11, 2007
Sorry about that. Freezing online is normal, but offline......I'd take it back if it persists. I imported the Japanese version but it never froze. Maybe I should play the American version of Motorstorm more to see if it freezes.
Message 3 of 33 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4384 posts

Mar 11, 2007
well im going to return it, i just hope this is the game and not my ps3, still gets me mad though, it should not freeze online
Message 4 of 33 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12042 posts

Mar 11, 2007

Online yes, offline, well kinda... Sometimes, like if you get in a pack there will be some slowdown because there's so much frekn stuff going on around you and with you. As far as freezing though, that's something that's never happened. Even a slow down has only happened a couple times and it was the same race yesterday which I had to play 3 times.....  But just get over it, the games still fun and it's not like it happens all the time. If it does then yeah, you probably got a problem somewhere along the lines of the PS3/Game....

Message Edited by Seraphim on 03-11-2007 02:56 PM
Message 5 of 33 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Mar 11, 2007

chris12313 wrote:
well im going to return it, i just hope this is the game and not my ps3, still gets me mad though, it should not freeze online

Well, it isn't uncommon for games to freeze online, because there are always those people with terrible connections. I've never played an online game that hasn't frozen.
Message 6 of 33 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
369 posts

Mar 11, 2007
Make sure the PS3 is well ventilated.
I have mine standing up so all the hot air easily vents out of the top.
----------
PSN: SPDSTR
PSN: FragaGeddon
(depending on what game I'm playing)

Message 7 of 33 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4384 posts

Mar 11, 2007
my ps3 has tons of ventilation room. right on top of my tv and nothing even close to the vents. and in my 50+ hours of playing resistance online not once did it ever freeze. its obviously something with that disc or evolution didnt do their homework when they checked for glitches, it should not do that period. it is evolution's fault for not releasing a game that works online
Message 8 of 33 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
369 posts

Mar 11, 2007
Well don't forget that your TV gives off heat also.
Probably not the best spot for it.
----------
PSN: SPDSTR
PSN: FragaGeddon
(depending on what game I'm playing)

Message 9 of 33 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13694 posts

Mar 11, 2007
Maybe Sony is paying attention to these issues and hopefully, they are regretting not doing beta testing to make sure this game is worth it's price tag.

Would you accept it if you car suddenly froze up for no good reason?  You came to a screeching halt and after a simple "hard reboot" of turning the key, off on your way you went.  It would suck if this happened once or twice a day....everyday.
Facebook|Twitter
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

GT5P TeamSpeak Server

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What are you listening to???!
"Stalking the lost not by land, but by air with the Word of God through music" DTS
KittenWar Crackers' Kittenwar stats Lord Of The Peeps
Message 10 of 33 (7 Views)
0 Likes