Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 05 2013
By: jwhyrock Splicer 62 posts

Motorstorm Apocalypse Premier Pack DLC won't work

8 replies 962 views Edited Jan 5, 2013
I bought a new (sealed) copy of the game that comes with a download code to get free Premier Pack DLC.

The code could not have been used as the silver coating was not scratched off.

I attempted to redeem the code in the PlayStation Store as well as under My Account-Redeem Code.

It keeps saying code is invalid or has been used, but again that is not possible here as new, shrinkwrapped and coating intact.

The code paper says it's good through 4/12/13.

Can someone help me get my content?

Thx!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (962 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3301 posts

Re: Motorstorm Apocalypse Premier Pack DLC won't work

Jan 5, 2013

The only thought I have is that someone may have been extremely lucky guess that code. I would call Sony, they should hopefully be able to deal with the issue...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (952 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Well, I had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I had a brand-new, factory-sealed game, and I had just scratched off the coating to reveal the code be fore putting it in. The code was rejected both from the PS Store, and from the Account Management menu of the PS3 (which is where the voucher tells you to input the code.)

So, I actually called up the Sony Support number that's listed on the Voucher itself, explained the problem, and the phone tech said for me to email a copy of the front/back of the voucher and my receipt as proof of purchase. I emailed the required contents and received an automated message saying they would respond in 3-5 days with a solution.

After a whopping 13 days, I FINALLY got a response from Sony. Here is the response from the support tech:

Dear (my name),

Recently you requested assistance with a voucher code that is to be redeemed on the PlayStation®Network.

Your code is: (copy/paste of my own code).

As it is clearly stated on the voucher you sent in to us, this code will become active on April 12, 2013 - NO EARLIER THAN THAT DATE.

Please be patient, hang onto your code and redeem it **ON OR AFTER APRIL 12, 2013**.

The text on the voucher states this verbatim: [Valid* Game Launch - 4/12/2013]

Are the Sony Support Tech's REALLY this stupid??? How could you possibly interpret that to mean that the valid code time BEGINS on 4/12/2013 (and even if it did, then when does it expire, GENIUS?)?

What the voucher is ACTUALLY saying is that the game code is valid from the date the game launched up until 4/12/2013.

(in plain english)

Code Valid Start Date: Game Launch Date

Code Expiration Date: 4/12/2013

Why in the name of all that is good an holy would a game developer only make a code valid A FULL YEAR after a game's release and then have no expiration date whatsoever? The game was launched on May 3rd, 2011. Are you honestly going to sit there and tell me that Evolution Studios (the developers of this game), put voucher codes in this game box back in April of last year, and expected the people who bought the game on Launch Day to play for an ENTIRE YEAR before being able to redeem the code contained in the box?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (850 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Not that it helps anyone here but I had the same issue with my copy that was just opened yesterday. I was going to call but after seeing the response given it looks like this DLC pack may just be DOA for some of us.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (840 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Yeah the dumbassess sent me the exact same email, and it took them about as long to reply. Actually prior to the above email they just sent today, they said the code was not valid anymore.

Not sure why they reversed the apparently correct position of "screw you consumer you're too late" to replace it with stupid misinterpretation of simple English.

Either way typical Sony stupidity.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (833 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Redeem it through account managment.    XMB > Playstation Network > Acount Managment > Redeem Codes

P.S. You're reading the expiration date right, IT WILL EXPIRE!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (786 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 31, 2013
It doesn't work for me under Account Management - Redeem Codes. I still get the Invalid or Already Used status when I enter it.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (781 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 31, 2013
make sure you use caps if letters are upper case. if that doesn't work, call sony before it expires.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (778 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 13, 2013

I have the same problem, pelase someone... to what email can I send my problem???

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (245 Views)
0 Likes