Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 11 2006
By: Capt.InSaNo21~ I Only Post Everything 1249 posts

MotorStorm playable demo @ Target's PS3 kiosks! (my first PS3 experience woot!)

11 replies 67 views Edited Nov 11, 2006
In case you didn't know, Target has just recently gotten PS3 kiosks, and their "demo-mode" PS3s have two playable game demos, one for NBA 07 and a MotorStorm one.  The Target store near me just got their PS3 kiosk set up today, and I had a chance to go out and play it, and WOW was MotorStorm impressive! I wasn't at all planning on buying this game, as I don't really like racing games in general, but this game stood out from the others I've seen and/or played, and now I plan on getting this game the day it comes out! I played with both the analog sticks and the motion sensing, and take it from me - the SIXIAXIS's motion sensing is NOT a gimmick.  I felt thoroughly immersed into the game, more than rumble could ever take you, to the point where I forgot I was in a public place and people were probably looking at me move the controller around like an idiot thinking, "WTH?"

I found the SIXAXIS's motion sensing to be intuitive and instinctive, and also very precise, and I noticed that after I had started playing the demo again (which was after the demo had finished and automatically returned to the XMB), I felt compelled to switch the demo's default controls from steering with the analog sticks to steering with motion sensing.  And what amazes me is that I did this despite having to put up with Target's stupid theft-deterring controller restraint/tether thing, which was more encumbering of the motion sensing than restraining of the whole controller LOL.  I also noticed not-noticing SIXAXIS's lack of rumble - I honestly couldn't care less about it not having rumble, and I'd say we got much more than an even trade, rumble for motion sensing. I think I can tell when I am on an uneven surface or when I am firing my gun, thanks.

So I just thought I'd kinda give a mini-review of my first PS3 experience (amazing, BTW) and the first game I played on it (or it's demo, at least), and also tell of the awesomeness of the SIXAXIS and the PS3 in general, and how you will not be disappointed with PS3, MotorStorm, (or SIXAXIS); heck, I wasn't expecting much game-wise, I actually went to Target pretty much just to tinker around with the XMB, or the portion of it PS3's "demo-mode" will let you see and mess with, and I ended up playing the MotorStorm demo for about 50 minutes - until Target was closing, and abruptly shut all the electronics (including the PS3 and TV it was on) down around me (by cutting the power, stupid n00bs LOL). At which point I noticed - the controller's port assignment LEDs were all flashing... I wonder, what could this mean...? (Your thoughts)

Anyway, go out to your local Target and experience the wonder that is PS3 (and MotorStorm!)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (67 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Uh oh, all the gamers who tried to "twist" the...

Nov 11, 2006

Capt. InSaNo21 wrote:
In case you didn't know, Target has just recently gotten PS3 kiosks, and their "demo-mode" PS3s have two playable game demos, one for NBA 07 and a MotorStorm one.  The Target store near me just got their PS3 kiosk set up today, and I had a chance to go out and play it, and WOW was MotorStorm impressive! I wasn't at all planning on buying this game, as I don't really like racing games in general, but this game stood out from the others I've seen and/or played, and now I plan on getting this game the day it comes out! I played with both the analog sticks and the motion sensing, and take it from me - the SIXIAXIS's motion sensing is NOT a gimmick.  I felt thoroughly immersed into the game, more than rumble could ever take you, to the point where I forgot I was in a public place and people were probably looking at me move the controller around like an idiot thinking, "WTH?"

I found the SIXAXIS's motion sensing to be intuitive and instinctive, and also very precise, and I noticed that after I had started playing the demo again (which was after the demo had finished and automatically returned to the XMB), I felt compelled to switch the demo's default controls from steering with the analog sticks to steering with motion sensing.  And what amazes me is that I did this despite having to put up with Target's stupid theft-deterring controller restraint/tether thing, which was more encumbering of the motion sensing than restraining of the whole controller LOL.  I also noticed not-noticing SIXAXIS's lack of rumble - I honestly couldn't care less about it not having rumble, and I'd say we got much more than an even trade, rumble for motion sensing. I think I can tell when I am on an uneven surface or when I am firing my gun, thanks.

So I just thought I'd kinda give a mini-review of my first PS3 experience (amazing, BTW) and the first game I played on it (or it's demo, at least), and also tell of the awesomeness of the SIXAXIS and the PS3 in general, and how you will not be disappointed with PS3, MotorStorm, (or SIXAXIS); heck, I wasn't expecting much game-wise, I actually went to Target pretty much just to tinker around with the XMB, or the portion of it PS3's "demo-mode" will let you see and mess with, and I ended up playing the MotorStorm demo for about 50 minutes - until Target was closing, and abruptly shut all the electronics (including the PS3 and TV it was on) down around me (by cutting the power, stupid n00bs LOL). At which point I noticed - the controller's port assignment LEDs were all flashing... I wonder, what could this mean...? (Your thoughts)

Anyway, go out to your local Target and experience the wonder that is PS3 (and MotorStorm!)

Uh oh, all the gamers who tried to "twist" the game pad or "lean" it when playing games (you know who you are) in the past are going to have an advantage.....Sony has just empowered all the "body english" players in the world.

Upgrade today? Why when this banner looks so cool?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (67 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1127 posts

Re: Uh oh, all the gamers who tried to "twist" the...

Nov 11, 2006
so do all targets have them now?

---------------------PSN:BLASST67----------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10927 posts

kiosks! (my first PS3 experience woot!)

Nov 11, 2006
yea dude i tried exitetruck and the motion sensing stuff pwns.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9131 posts

Re: Uh oh, all the gamers who tried to "twist" the...

Nov 12, 2006

Luken wrote:
so do all targets have them now?

it seems like. i know the one i was just at had one. oh, and by the way...MOTORSTORM=TEH PWNAG3!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

MotorStorm playable demo

Nov 12, 2006
i think  almost all the Target have them.  i live in a pretty small town and our target had one

i couldnt play it because of the line of people waiting to play
-----------------------------------------------------------------
My Girl Gotta Girlfriend
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10564 posts

Re: MotorStorm playable demo

Nov 13, 2006
Holy crap!  *runs to nearest Target*
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

MotorStorm playable demo @ Target's PS3 kiosks! (my first PS3 experience woot!)

Nov 15, 2006
I'm jealous!
deep, titanic, make the dance panic, one-a-penny, two-a-penny, vibe you can't manage

My Hiscores | infrared Gaming Community
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24365 posts

I played it today as well.

Nov 15, 2006
The game was fun, and to tell you the truth, I didn't even realize that there wasn't any rumble.

Anyways, it looked so awesome and the PS3 was so shiny and beautiful!!!! I'm so sad that I'm not getting one!!!!!!!!
49ers Sig photo 49ersSig.png
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Re: I played it today as well.

Nov 15, 2006
yea the game was awsome, and I didnt notice rumble either. I Kept forgetting I was using motion sensing though after I crashed but its not hard to get used to at all and its extrememly accurate.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (67 Views)
0 Likes