Media type:

Download

Genre:

Racing

Players:

1 - 4

PS Vita / PS3 CrossPlay:

Yes

Experience a brand new take on the iconic PlayStation off-road racing festival with MotorStorm RC

Discover a unique blend of old school and contemporary gameplay in this top-down racer that features classic vehicles and environments from the MotorStorm series.

Build up your collection of motors by earning medals in-game and download new ones from the PlayStation Store.

Take on other PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3 players using CrossPlay and race to the top of the online leader boards, all via PlayStation Network.

Trailer:

THIS IS OFF-ROAD RACING ON A WHOLE NEW SCALE

Conquer the most extreme racing environments in powerful radio-controlled vehicles, with hundreds of uniquely customised models to collect and performance based on 8 distinct racing categories: Buggies, Superminis, Rally Cars, Muscle Cars, Racing Trucks, Supercars, Big Rigs and Monster Trucks!

4 CLASSIC LOCATIONS, 16 UNIQUE TRACKS

Experience the simultaneous challenge and excitement of racing in the world’s most extreme environments, from the dusty desert mesa’s of Monument Valley, to the dangerous jungles of a Pacific island, to the icy tundra at the Arctic Edge, to the apocalyptic ruins of an urban city.

SETTLE RIVALRIES ANYTIME, ANYPLACE

Challenge friends and the rest of the world to compete for the fastest times in every event – whether that’s on PS Vita, or both.

SHARE EVERY MOMENT

Share every moment with your friends and make new friends via the Pitwall. Keep tabs on their activity – so you always know when there’s a new challenge or a new leader – and you can always stay one step ahead of the competition.

4 PLAYER MULTIPLAYER ON PS3

Settle the score with your friends in person with 4 player split-screen races.

PAY ONCE, GET BOTH

It’s the same experience on both PS3 and PS Vita, and picking up the game on PS3 will give you full access to the game on PS Vita (and vice versa) – so if you own both you can carry your progress between the two, and always pick up where you left off.

Perfect combination of classic racing with modern connectivity features.

Visually stunning renditions of all four MotorStorm locations with 16 unique tracks. You can race in the dusty desert mesas of Monument Valley, the dangerous jungles of a Pacific island, the icy tundra at the Arctic Edge and the apocalyptic ruins of an urban city.

You can collect hundreds of uniquely customised models based on these 8 vehicle classes:

Buggies, Superminis, Rally Cars, Muscle Cars, Racing Trucks, Supercars, Big Rigs, Monster Trucks.

Every aspect of the game comes loaded with endless competition that you can share with friends and rivals worldwide.  You can also follow the activities of your friends and thus stay ahead of the competition!

Full of challenges, race types and other features.

Like the best arcade games, this one gets you hooked, with an addictive, hypnotic core experience. Stages take just moments to load, giving it that "just one more go" quality.

Screenshots from the game (click to open in new window):

Photobucket

Message 1 of 13 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
678 posts

Re: MotorStorm RC Sneak Peek!

Jan 17, 2012

i guess it makes sense now why evo havent had time to answer our questions and to fix that horror cal MSA... they have been busy working on more horrors

It has been over 100 Days:

The "People Vs. MotorStorm Apocalypse" thread has still not been answered. and has now disappeared altogether...just like on the EU forum ha ha

...and into another weekend we go..we go..we go..we go..we go...we go...we go...

Message 2 of 13 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jan 18, 2012

Basically just looks like a dumbed down version with the camera pulled back.

Message 3 of 13 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Jan 18, 2012

This will be interesting for me as I'm a 1st person view racer. Not sure if I can make the transition.

Message 4 of 13 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Are there even different environment types (mud, water, rock) and is there any difference between the vehicle classes? This looks like it isn't even Motorstorm anymore.

Message 5 of 13 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
733 posts

Jan 22, 2012

I checked out the Vita while on holiday in Tokyo the other day. Lovely screen and the usual Sony quality build. Played a few demo games, golf and a couple of hack and slash type. 

No MS RC yet.

Retailing for Au $330 after conversion.

...your turn to drive i'll bring the beer...
Message 6 of 13 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Jan 23, 2012

I hate to slam evo for trying something different here, but how does this fit into the "brutal offroad racing" theme that the other games have? RC cars must weigh about 10 pounds. It can't be too exciting when they crash or run into each other.

The view is a bit awkward too. I'm assuming you drive in that bird's eye view where you're looking down on the track. I might have to wait on this one and see what the reviews say.

LUNATIC4LIFE

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Ringer471
Message 7 of 13 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
592 posts

Jan 23, 2012

When I first saw the announcement I though OMG.......what on earth is this. But I am curious though, will wait for demo and/or reviews. It might be a lot of fun..or not. If there are less server issues than MSA then it might be a winner.

Message 8 of 13 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Jan 24, 2012

I would love for this game to be cool. What's the saying go "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!" Have to wait to buy this one. No first day download for me.

Its_Me_T Comments does not reflect Ranked Racing,MSPR,This forum or any of its Affilates
Message 9 of 13 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jan 24, 2012

EDIT: never mind, i just looked on youtube and its not a proper camera angle, well its a shame cause it could have been good fun if it had proper behind vehicle camera angles.

Message 10 of 13 (70 Views)
0 Likes