Jul 07 2010
By: hondo2doc Sackboy 334 posts

MSPR Diplomacy Please

16 replies 52 views Edited Jul 7, 2010

Well it looks as though we have lost a valued contributor to the forums, and that saddens me.

I know that over the past several months I have written things that have been offensive and/or rude to other racers. To all those that I have insulted, offended or disrespected I am sincerely sorry. Yes I have been caught up in the passion of the game and defending my racing friends when I thought it was needed. I am sure that my statements could have and should have been much more respectful.

In my attempt to offer some diplomacy here I give my word that from now on if I have an issue with a particular racer I will not post it publicly. I will pm that racer and settle it privately.

I ask that all contributors to these great forums do the same thing. Please no more name calling, accusing or mudslinging in public. Settle your issues on a man to man basis in private. Keep the forums for positive race related information.

Yes I am a proud ranked racer but I do not represent Ranked racers and/or any other group. Nor do I speak on behalf of any other racer.

I am humbly asking for some common decent mutual respect among all racers that passionately love this game. Hope to see all of you on the tracks. Thanks.

Hondo

Message 1 of 17 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2003 posts

Re: MSPR Diplomacy Please

Jul 7, 2010
Nicely put Hondo ... but there will always be banter on public forums.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 17 (52 Views)
Wastelander
722 posts

Jul 7, 2010

I cant ever post, even when i try to do something right im wrong just see ninjas lock thread and what the mod said

Guess that make 2 ninja.........see ya online

Its_Me_T Comments does not reflect Ranked Racing,MSPR,This forum or any of its Affilates
Message 3 of 17 (52 Views)
Sackboy
331 posts

Jul 7, 2010
Wayne, theres a difference between banter and downright ganging up/bullying/fighting, and that thread crossed that line.

Banter is more about clever insults from both parties trying to out wit each other not saying anything that comes to your head trying to make the other party feel like **bleep** ...
Message 4 of 17 (52 Views)
Fender Bender
3349 posts

Jul 7, 2010

that whole saga was really awful........it happened once before and i found myself in the middle of it a couple years ago.....oddly enough with some of the parties involved in this one.........things happen....tensions come to a head.........it results in torn friendships......torn community etc etc.........i've been here for 2 1/2 years now.....i've seen this place evolve and change over time........there are plenthy of members of this community that have beenhere longer than me....but hardly any of them post anymore so it kinda makes me a senior member here.......

it all needs to stop.......

there were alot of accusations thrown out.......we learned about all the hate circles around here.......we learned what hypocrite means

whether you like someone or not just let it be now........accusing others of cheating without ever seeing it for yourself is wrong.........that is not directed at any party but a general statement

were all 1 big disfunctanal family.........

the Legacy will continue onwards!
Message 5 of 17 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jul 7, 2010

soupclan wrote:

.........i've been here for 2 1/2 years now.....i've seen this place evolve and change over time........there are plenthy of members of this community that have beenhere longer than me....but hardly any of them post anymore so it kinda makes me a senior member here.......

You can't count those months that were spent in the the Playstation Penaty Box 

Message 6 of 17 (52 Views)
Sackboy
334 posts

Jul 8, 2010

willywayne wrote:
Nicely put Hondo ... but there will always be banter on public forums.

Willy,

I agree about the banter. I think a good exchange of ideas and yes differing opinions is good. But I also think it can be done in a respectful way. With out the name calling and accusations.

If a racer makes a post on here about some type of personal accomplishment and another racer has issues with the first racer just merely send the first racer a private message. That's all. No need IMO for the name calling and/or accusations. As I suggested settle your personal issues with other racers man to man privately. That's all I am asking for.

Message 7 of 17 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2514 posts

Jul 8, 2010

hondo2doc wrote:

Well it looks as though we have lost a valued contributor to the forums, and that saddens me.

I know that over the past several months I have written things that have been offensive and/or rude to other racers. To all those that I have insulted, offended or disrespected I am sincerely sorry. Yes I have been caught up in the passion of the game and defending my racing friends when I thought it was needed. I am sure that my statements could have and should have been much more respectful.

In my attempt to offer some diplomacy here I give my word that from now on if I have an issue with a particular racer I will not post it publicly. I will pm that racer and settle it privately.

I ask that all contributors to these great forums do the same thing. Please no more name calling, accusing or mudslinging in public. Settle your issues on a man to man basis in private. Keep the forums for positive race related information.

Yes I am a proud ranked racer but I do not represent Ranked racers and/or any other group. Nor do I speak on behalf of any other racer.

I am humbly asking for some common decent mutual respect among all racers that passionately love this game. Hope to see all of you on the tracks. Thanks.

Hondo

that´s all fine.....but boooooring as hell.......this will end in hardly anybody posting here anymore......these little "fights" always refreshed the forum after periods with 1-3 posts only per day in total

10000 ranked wins :-)

Rudisha > Bolt
Message 8 of 17 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jul 8, 2010

Why can't we be friends?

Message 9 of 17 (52 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Jul 8, 2010

Well, I just want to say that I've been hosting a fun room on MSPR once or twice a week lately, usually on Friday nights.

Usually it's a group of us from C4G as well as people who frequent these forums but the room is always open to the public.

If you guys wants some fun, clean racing, feel free to jump in our rooms and have some FUN.

That's what this game should be about. I don't let it get to me anymore, because the issues are always going to be there and aren't going away. I play this game to have fun with my friends and to meet new people.

We race custom only, and I like to mix it up from time to time with the track/vehicle combinations. We also run all tracks, so DLC tracks are included.

Bumping/etc. will happen and we don't get worked up about it. If we get someone in the room who is intentionally wrecking people, then I give him/her a few chances before booting them from the room. We race as cleanly as possible and no glitching is allowed, of course.

Oh, and no talk about good times, TA, stats, etc. are allowed! LOL. It's a fun room, so just race, and if you don't win, who cares? That's usually the mindset in my rooms, and we have a lot more fun because of it. The point here, is that when you get away from the competetive side of a game and just have some fun, then you don't have these fights with other players, and can get to know some really cool people. At least, that's what I've seen.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out to you all. I'm planning to do a room tomorrow night. Hope to see some of you in one of my rooms sometime.

Message 10 of 17 (52 Views)