I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Re: TA site resurrected ... again

Apr 29, 2010

Hi Axe,

look at my blog again

You may not believe it, but my TA site just got better!

Or try out "Axe's Deadliest Deathcount Leaderboard" right here:

http://joban123.net.tc/index.php?tracks=0&all=1&sort=deaths

Or, if you want to know how many deaths the_axecutioner died, this would help you:

http://joban123.net.tc/index.php?tracks=0&all_player=1&vip=the_axecutioner&sort=rracer

have fun!

SympathyCheck this out, if you like Motorstorm Rankings

RIP MSPR :smileysad: - Burn in hell Sony :smileytongue:

http://joban123.weebly.com
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 466 (359 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5224 posts

May 1, 2010

Thank you  :smileyhappy: 

Happy to be here for almost 5 years.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 466 (359 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

May 1, 2010
you're welcome

short update: the player pages are now sortable (e.g. by gap to a vip, by your position or by last update time)

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 466 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
321 posts

May 2, 2010
Hey Joban, Great work. The sortable pages are great. The comparisons with other racers make it almost too easy to decide where to focus your TA efforts. Maybe smrtb0mb should just put a link to your site rather than getting his site going again? Although the feature that I liked on smrtb0mbs site was seeing who had been improving their times and by how much. The addition of track and vehicle to that list would make it even better. To make it easier, (as far as layout is concerned) it probably doesn't need to display on the same page as the results. Regards, Ninja
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 466 (359 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

May 6, 2010
your hosting account has been suspended
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 466 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

May 8, 2010

Just a quick message to Joban123 for his sterling efforts to keep the TA side of things alive.

As Axe has said, I really think this important to sustain. I'm sure loads still use it without posting on here so keep up the good work! It is VERY much appreciated by this Motorstormer.

I've only just discovered your page that clubs everything together in one handy place... nice one

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 466 (359 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

May 12, 2010

@Ninja: thx for the feedback and suggestion. I plan to offer a toggle between the ranking and the improvements (with the same filters) on each page. Current status of this is, I have the all players summed page ready on my test site. Helped me discover and fix two bugs already. The more obvious was a too high wreck count now and then.

@wildheart: thx, for the note. I changed the hoster ... again. Can only hope they are not that restrictive. We'll see...

@TTLandlord: thx, comments like this just make my day

In case you always wanted to know how many new ta times we have per day since april 7th:

MIN MAX AVG
--- --- ---
223 496 337

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 466 (359 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1425 posts

May 12, 2010

It's great, joban! Are those the number of improvements per day?? I didn't realize there were that many!

Your site seems to be running pretty stable then? If you need any help with interface work let me know

I think I picked a bad host to move the leaderboard to... it's almost never up anymore, so I think I'll have to move it again

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 466 (359 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

May 14, 2010

smrtb0mb wrote:

It's great, joban! Are those the number of improvements per day?? I didn't realize there were that many!

yes its that many - didnt you know, we are a bunch of maniacs

Your site seems to be running pretty stable then? If you need any help with interface work let me know

I would have 3 ideas for that daring offer:
1) I miss a drop down list with track preselections (none, all, original, dlc, volcanic, speed, adrenaline) in the navigation frame. I think I need javascript for this. And since it is optimization and would probably take me some time (I dont know javascript yet) I have delayed that for later. A drop down list to select a single vehicle would be nice, too.
2) some basic css style like background color, table cell alignment, ...
3) A way to toggle between different views of a page (a drop down list?) E.g. I am working on displaying recent improvements on every page. Currently you can toggle between improvements and rank list by clicking on a link at the top of the frame. After the improvements are done, I might add a view with splits for all_summed if only one track/vehicle is selected -> yet another link. Or I might display boost- or jump-distances -> another link. It might be better to have a drop down list for different views
4) your choice - maybe you have another idea?
I develop this with the mercurial distributed versioning system. It is open source and available for linux and windows (and has eclipse integration if you like to work with a gui). So, although using it is not required, it would be easy to develop separately and merge efforts from time to time.
If needed, I could setup a webserver with the required DB2 database access where you can transfer files for testing.
Anyone: if you would like to participate in any way you are welcome (its fun and no rocketscience). If not, use the site to become a better racer, give me (even more of) a hard time keeping up with you on the tracks and I'm happy

I think I picked a bad host to move the leaderboard to... it's almost never up anymore, so I think I'll have to move it again

Yes, might be. I had some trouble with suspended account at x10 too. My site is running without interruption since I moved to byethost. Also seems to provide faster processing. And that, although I stressed them a bit with (waiting for the results of) long running queries lately. So, although its not very long since I moved the site there, I can really recommend them.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 466 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
686 posts

May 14, 2010
Im wondering if the country standings that turdus did can be done on your site?

Waiting for Catherine...
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 466 (359 Views)
0 Likes