I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Re: TA site resurrected ... again

Jun 6, 2012

Hehe soup, a win is a win

And a 3rd is a 3rd. I guess I felt like the same when I was #3 Speedweekend behind Sokomao and NinjaAtHome.

Now, I feel a bit like beating a dead camel, but I just activated an optimization for the fastest olympics for MSPR.

Execution time cut in half by helping the sql optimizer to find a better access strategy.

On my test system with the new DB2 version 10.1 it was 5 times faster even. Hope I can migrate soon

EDIT:

Used the same optimization "trick" for fastest vehicle olymp (qualified players of one country) and fastest vehicle highscores.

As expected, it cut execution time in half for both. Bye bye MSPR pages with response times > 5s...

EDIT2:

Some more optimization on MSA olympics, olymp and highscore. All down to execution time < 2s.

I am not aware of any more pages with execution times > 5s.

If you find one, please tell me (best would be the url), I'll consider this a bug.

SympathyCheck this out, if you like Motorstorm Rankings

RIP MSPR :smileysad: - Burn in hell Sony :smileytongue:

http://joban123.weebly.com
Please use plain text.
Message 431 of 466 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Jul 14, 2012

dear Joban, the servers for TA are Dead, since the people  using your site (which means not many :smileysad: ) are pretty much all trustworthy,

is it possible to enable a manual way to update our times, i still want to play TA, but waiting for the servers is pointless at this point

Please use plain text.
Message 432 of 466 (176 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Re: [MSMV|MSPR|MSA] Timeattack and Speed Weekend Leaderboards Site resurrected ... again

Jul 14, 2012
I will, you can count on that.
But probably not before october.
If you want the real date registered then, you should post it somewhere (here?)

Please use plain text.
Message 433 of 466 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2012

awesome joban! it looks like you're still getting the bugs fixed out of it, but my kanaloa time isn't in there, and probably a few others.

EDIT: nvm, remz followed my question. yeah, i guess because the TA leaderboards are dead, we'll have to maually do stuff. The only main vehicle time i have to report is 1:02.71 Kanaloa Rig. If you need prove I have it on video in my 1:02.84 vid.

Please use plain text.
Message 434 of 466 (156 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Re: [MSMV|MSPR|MSA] Timeattack and Speed Weekend Leaderboards Site resurrected ... again

Jul 27, 2012
Currently I have ISP trouble with vodafone.
No phone and no internet at home.
That means you will not be able to access my site, no matter which URL you use.
Estimated time of fix: somewhen today.

Please use plain text.
Message 435 of 466 (138 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Hey folks!

Sad times, MSPR servers are dead.

And I obviously have too much time on my hands now:

As promised I enabled manual updates for MSPR TA and Speed Weekend :smileyhappy:

I'm sure you will see how it works, just try! But if there is a question, feel free to ask. I'd be glad to hear from you.

Please use plain text.
Message 436 of 466 (109 Views)
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Oct 4, 2012

This is awesome joban! I'm sure you have a backup saved somewhere for this in case someone screws with it and it all goes to crap, right? There was always a person that screwed with the flags lol.

I updated:

Kanaloa Rig: 1:02.96 to 1:02:72

Wildfire ATV: 1:13 something to 1:12.99

Edge Rig: 1:07.21 to 1:07.08

Please use plain text.
Message 437 of 466 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2952 posts

Oct 4, 2012

dawg4321 wrote:

This is awesome joban! I'm sure you have a backup saved somewhere for this in case someone screws with it and it all goes to crap, right? There was always a person that screwed with the flags lol.

I updated:

Looks like you may have forgotten to add splits or something dawg ... would be nice to see them. I haven't been on joban's site in months! This just might keep me interested in TA!

Surger
Please use plain text.
Message 438 of 466 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Haha, not me. I am done with time attack, and if I ever mess around again, it certainly won't be with the main combinations. I think I'm pretty much done at this point actually.

Please use plain text.
Message 439 of 466 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Cirrus5005 wrote:

dawg4321 wrote:

I updated:

Looks like you may have forgotten to add splits or something dawg ... would be nice to see them. I haven't been on joban's site in months! This just might keep me interested in TA!

I am very disappointed now! You dont visit my site on a daily basis??? :smileyvery-happy:

Dawg didn't forget to enter his splits. It is not possible to enter them atm. I thought noone would like to enter 3 times instead of just one. But if you insist, I could make that possible.

And dawg, yes, of course I do have backups and can roll back to any time I want, if needed. Additionaly you cannot delete old times over my site, just add newer entries, so it is pretty easy for me to delete obviously screwed times from the database. Just tell me if you find some.

Please use plain text.
Message 440 of 466 (71 Views)
0 Likes