I Only Post Everything
1074 posts

Re: MSA freezes,crashes, errors

Apr 11, 2011

Was racing Skyline lastnight, I saw the new guy around here, kegs11. The race was Skyline, got a bad start, but was working my way back when I slipped of the narrow section of Roof way up on top route in the last 1/3 of lap.

Fell down to another part of the track and got imbeaded in a wall. Couldn't move, couldn't re-spawn just had to quit.  First time I've anything like this, just unlucky I guess.

Please use plain text.
Message 161 of 237 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Apr 12, 2011

One of the most horrible mistake

Why, just Why the hell, when you restart your lap in time attack, does the soundtrack restart as well ? didn't you guys think that TAer would restart a lot and get frustrated

it's a shame cause the OSTs are good but i muted my TV , i just couldn't stand hearing the 10 first second of every soundtrack all the time, please fix that, really please

Please use plain text.
Message 162 of 237 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2952 posts

Apr 12, 2011

Hahaha, I'm sorry, I really am ... but can there be any more problems with this game?  -pmsl-

Reading the ever-increasing posts of this thread just makes me laugh when I know it shouldn't ... I just know how frustrated you all are and sadistically, it's amusing to me. I should try trackblocking, I bet I'd love it. I'll learn French whilst I'm at it.

Surger
Please use plain text.
Message 163 of 237 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
678 posts

Apr 13, 2011

GTR34mh wrote:

It doesn't break the streak Tony, but does make your bet for the race null and void. That's the one thing of the current betting mechanic that needs to go - if your bet quits or drops out in any way shape or form, the bet should be classified as a win, not a void. The betting system is perfect except for this which can mess with how much you can earn, really slowing the process down if you get multiple quits/disconnects in a row.

you also need to consider (to phenom) what should happen if YOU(who placed bet/streak) quit/disconnect/disqualify

It has been over 100 Days:

The "People Vs. MotorStorm Apocalypse" thread has still not been answered. and has now disappeared altogether...just like on the EU forum ha ha

...and into another weekend we go..we go..we go..we go..we go...we go...we go...

Please use plain text.
Message 164 of 237 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
678 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Cirrus5005 wrote:

Hahaha, I'm sorry, I really am ... but can there be any more problems with this game?  -pmsl-

Reading the ever-increasing posts of this thread just makes me laugh when I know it shouldn't ... I just know how frustrated you all are and sadistically, it's amusing to me. I should try trackblocking, I bet I'd love it. I'll learn French whilst I'm at it.

Surger

its because the developers dont play this game.  it was a case of revolution not evolution.  i think they may have thrown the baby out with the bathwater with this one.  they went with the herd on this game and i think may have lost what made rift unique and great.  sorry just ranting....i really want to like this game a lot...but its just not doing it for me... but i will persist.

...on the errors - there is a lot in the game and therefore a lot to fix.  ....but they have completely changed so many things....rather than just improving what they had....arrrrggghhhh

It has been over 100 Days:

The "People Vs. MotorStorm Apocalypse" thread has still not been answered. and has now disappeared altogether...just like on the EU forum ha ha

...and into another weekend we go..we go..we go..we go..we go...we go...we go...

Please use plain text.
Message 165 of 237 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
417 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Jerony - I am getting the same problem, I cannot do any TA because the PS locks as soon as I go into it. Also I cannot access the last race result without locking up. I have given up trying to get into TA at the moment which is a shame because I fancied a little go at it.

Cirrus - Yawn. I'm changing your title form 'the best motorstormer' to 'the man with no game'. You might be too young to get it.

Please use plain text.
Message 166 of 237 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Apr 13, 2011

The only problems I have with the game are my glitched time on TA and I dislike the betting system... but techniqually thats not a game fault, it was desgined like that (badly designed I may add) but still it works as intended... for me the only problem is the Time Glitches

I have loads of fun racing noobs in Monster Truck's getting myself wound up and hating everyone (Hence why I have about 4 friends on the PSN and I only like 2 of them and 1 is my Brother) ... I enjoy the way that players have to use other vehciles to earn chips to rank up quicker online, I love setting myself goals on the game online for example reaching a certain Hot Streak... I earned myself a nice 27000 chips off a bet streak the other day got the multiplyer up to something like 3.25 or something. I love racing with Nick and his friends haha they never fail to amuse me, just with the conversations they have I haven't tried TA hard yet but from the tracks I have tried I recon (with the current leaderboards) I could be a strong opponent maybe not 1st's but definatley Top 5 ... but we'll see in time, Im just enjoying online too much to try anything seriously on TA. I love how there is more to do and achieve than in the other games because I haven't got bored of the game whilst playing for a long time once yet, the only reason i'd take a break was if my eyes were burning because i'd been on it too long I love the way the Chip system works, I really just love ranking up in games like that... I know it's all based on how long someones played it but it's just the little things, like Player Icons or unlocking the Master Challenges or getting all the parts for a vechile and the vinyls to make yourself even more unique online.

I am sick to death of reading about how everything in the game is crap and how it's nothing compared to Pacific Rift or how "Cirrus should BUY THE GAME!!!!" "Get Cirrus to buy the game Earthquaker!" "Earthquaker99... thats Cirrus's brother isn't it? When is he getting the game?" ... Fair enough I'd love Chris to get the game, but he's coming home soon and I recon I'll enjoy racing Multiplayer online with him ... and LOL'ing as I actually beat him for once hahahaha!

Hmm what else do I want to get off my chest.. Oh yeah! The perks are brilliant, I love how they work and help online, even if they mean I get wrecked easier.. I don't care, it's all fun

The only negative I have with this "Wrecking" business is everyone is too tight about being wrecked... I would never intentionally wreck anyone I know, just out of respect... but (no offence) if you're going slow and im trying to beat someone for a bet i'll try to pass you cleanly but half the time if I touch to back of a vechile they spin out and start complaining... I don't see that as being my fault, it happens to me all the time but I don't complain, unfortunatley for some, wrecking is now part of the game... I think it's good on the whole because you get to use the features more even though I dislike wrecking people intentionally, it's also something to work toward to get all the parts for your vechile. I am one for slam boosting around corners to avoid going wide... sometimes people are on the inside of me and they think im trying to knock them off the road, it's not the case.. Im just trying to keep my line and avoid wrecking myself, If I don't wreck you... I don't see what the issue is.

I love the Super Mini's they are my favourite by a mile they are so awfull and unused thats why i love them... and they are good on TA if you use them right every TA run i've used a Super Mini with i've hammered the previous time by over a second, probably because the game is still 'New' and people aren't going for times in the Super Mini... but still, i take that as my own victory and cherish it as a good time

So far I havent seen any glitches online (In terms of cutting off half the track by boost exploding over a building or whatever) which is good Evo seemed to have patched that up quite nicely from what I've seen.

Overall, I love the game, but dislike the people playing it... I feel a lot of racers aren't looking at the big picture and seeing that it is actually a great game, I don't think i've seen one post crediting Evo for near enough fixing every server issue there was (TA times loading slowly, disconnecting all the time ect.) Fair enough everyone has to right to complain every now and again... but it's issue after issue, complaint after complaint even if Evo releases a Mega patch 1.03 ... someone will still find a fault or a dislike... there are pro's and con's to every game... luckily for me the game appeals to me like no other

Please use plain text.
Message 167 of 237 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
647 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Eliminator: Tried playing this morning, won 4-5 races. Every time the results screen came up i was counted as the first person to be eliminated, and the guy in 2nd got promoted to the winning position. Resetting the console fixed the issue, hasnt come up since.

Racing in general: Server dropouts/errors happening uncomfortably often. Today its happened at least 7-8 times. Changing from wireless to a wired connection didnt change the frequency of the errors.

Please use plain text.
Message 168 of 237 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Not sure if this is a bug or if it's just me but, when I try to listen to music from my hard drive while racing, the volume is way louder than the volume of the game and the sound effects. The music volume control in the MSA options doesn't seem to affect the volume of the xmb music (only ingame music), and turning volume down on the xmb as far as it goes (down to -4) still doesn't help enough. Anyone else have this problem?

Please use plain text.
Message 169 of 237 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
417 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Earthquaker - Great post.

Please use plain text.
Message 170 of 237 (3 Views)
0 Likes