Oct 15 2011
By: okaynowwhat Hekseville Citizen 261 posts
Accepted Solution

MSA Questions

5 replies 9 views Edited Oct 15, 2011

Two Simple questions.

1) I don't play much MSA multi-player .... just doing TA for now.

Coiuld someone please tell me if some of the time attack times that I'm competing against come from Euro stormers?

MSMV used to have seperate discs (US / Euro) and servers for online play .... In MSA, it appears that we all playing together using the same server.

2) Bike -- Slam boost or punch?

My controller is set-up for D-Pad steering.

I'm recalling off the top of my head here ... R2 is accelerator, X is boost, and L1/R1 are slam boost.

Sometimes when I hit L1 or R1, my biker punches .... other times, he slams quickly to the Left or Right (which is what I'm looking for).

How can there be two different actions for the same buttons?

As always, your feedback is appreciated

tia

ok

0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Re: MSA Questions

Oct 15, 2011

okaynowwhat wrote:

Two Simple questions.

1) I don't play much MSA multi-player .... just doing TA for now.

Coiuld someone please tell me if some of the time attack times that I'm competing against come from Euro stormers?

MSMV used to have seperate discs (US / Euro) and servers for online play .... In MSA, it appears that we all playing together using the same server.

2) Bike -- Slam boost or punch?

My controller is set-up for D-Pad steering.

I'm recalling off the top of my head here ... R2 is accelerator, X is boost, and L1/R1 are slam boost.

Sometimes when I hit L1 or R1, my biker punches .... other times, he slams quickly to the Left or Right (which is what I'm looking for).

How can there be two different actions for the same buttons?

As always, your feedback is appreciated

tia

ok

1. I pretty sure all the TA times are all together . Everyone plays against everyone.

2. OK so this does get weird because sometimes my guy punches and other times he rams so i think its just a glitch in the system.

Message 2 of 6 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Oct 15, 2011

1) Thanks, I thought so

2) I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the bike being settled (two wheels firmly planted on ground). I feel that whenever the bike is a bit bouncy, or I'm trying to slam immediately after landing a jump, my guy is is more prone to punch .... if I wait just a split second after landing the jump and let the bike settle before L1/R1, he seems more likely to slam ... Perhaps I'm grasping a straws.

At least I now know that it's not just me.

ok

0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Oct 15, 2011

2) that's exactly it, with every vehicle the slams only works when grounded so if your bike is 0.00001 mm above the ground he will just throw a punch because he can't slam

Message 4 of 6 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Oct 16, 2011

It also changes to punching sometimes when you are directly next to an opponent, but not always.

Message 5 of 6 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Oct 16, 2011

Thanks everyone for the useful replies.

Helpful as always

ok

0 Likes