Do you mean 
Survivor
2514 posts

Re: He's back ..... Again !!!

Jan 22, 2011

Axecutioner-B schrieb:

joban123 wrote:

critter80 schrieb:

i admit tiky is a machine...but in my opinion cirrus is still faster....btw....what went wrong on badlands??? tiky barely beat my time and i know i can do that better myself....1.4secs off the pace? is he struggling there???

Sebastian Vettel - youngest F1-WorldChampion ever! :-)

Now I don't really like tiky for not contributing.

Der Weg ist das Ziel
MOTORSTORM TA Top100 - finallyAll important MSPR sites in one place

For a long time (like 2 years now lol) i wished tiky would've contributed here, but within the last 6 months or so i started to think how cool it is that he DOESN'T contribute here. He just shows up & gets #1's. No hype (at least not by him). No contoversy (at least by him). No B. S. No politics. No favorites. No threats. No disrespecting others. He just shows up on the leaderboards when he wants to & competes as good as anyone in the world. Quietly.  I have alot of respect for him for just these reasons.  

Trabuman was the same way with ms-1. Nothing wrong with being a mystery who can compete at the highest level imo

It wasn't :smileysad:
It may never be.

the reason for trabuman not contributing was that his only language is spanish..... back in the day i found his name on a spanish forum once but he didn´t post much there either

10000 ranked wins :-)

Rudisha > Bolt
Please use plain text.
Message 151 of 211 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2952 posts

Jan 22, 2011

NinjaAtHome wrote:

Come on Cirrus. Why do you and Critter continually try to rewrite history? It wasn't you guys that revealed NEB it was the good will of smrtB0mb. If you guys had your way it would still be a secret. The clue given by willy was a great hint. My accusation caused blackwolves to post a new youtube time including NEB.

It is also this painting yourselves as perefect in these b...**** stories that pisses people off.

Oh jesus here we go ... and how do you think smrtb0mb found out about NEB Ninja, as he wasn't one of the five who knew it? What, just because I didn't make a song and dance about it in a thread means I wanted to keep it a secret? I highly doubt that your accusation lead to anything ... Kevin was working on that video regardless now that we'd agreed to start telling people ... I can't remember exactly, but I think that video was supposed to be the "big reveal" ... smrtb0mb may have just put a word in first, that's all.

Again, I draw upon the argument of "Why should we have to tell you about our Time Attack secrets?" In fact, no, scratch "again", I've never used this argument because I'd consider it too arrogant ... I know you recognise that we share what we do out of good-will, and you know we don't tell everybody everything we know. I don't believe you've ever asked me for "in-depth" advice on any combination ever ... so you haven't even had a glimpse of the detail I can go into about this game, and willingly would with the sole intent of WANTING to help someone ... (bar my response to your first ever post on this forum of course haha.)

I'm not painting any false pictures about myself ... I'm just telling the truth    -grrr-

Surger
Please use plain text.
Message 152 of 211 (5 Views)
Fender Bender
2952 posts

Jan 22, 2011

racer_300m wrote:

It does not surprise me that you don't understand this, if you did understand, there wouldn't be a problem, would there?

Axe summed it up pretty well, others have suggested it, I have tried to explain it- in my own way, but still you don't get it.

I just have one question for you:

Do you think you have been given a "gift" for Motorstorm?

It's a simple yes or no answer, I don't want the reasoning behind your answer just YES or NO.

Well perhaps you failed to understand what I was asking of you: A quick elaboration as to how I mock others by saying I run fast times easily ... because to me, you're under the impression that the following is me:

"I run times easily, that means everyone else is terrible at this game, because they struggle."

What did you mean when you wrote that, is what I'm asking.

NO

Surger
Please use plain text.
Message 153 of 211 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
638 posts

Jan 22, 2011

Please don't start any arguments, just let this thread drift back into formation... wow, I sound like a mod!

Motorstorphisions 13-2: Ethronine Prototypicus said "Thou shalt layeth the smackdown."
Please use plain text.
Message 154 of 211 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Jan 22, 2011

E309_Prototype wrote:

Please don't start any arguments, just let this thread drift back into formation... wow, I sound like a mod!

Motorstorphisions 13-2: Ethronine Prototypicus said "Thou shalt layeth the smackdown."

Thanks Proto, I was just about to post something similar.

-SP

Please use plain text.
Message 155 of 211 (5 Views)
Fender Bender
3301 posts

Jan 22, 2011

Cirrus5005 wrote:

NinjaAtHome wrote:

Come on Cirrus. Why do you and Critter continually try to rewrite history? It wasn't you guys that revealed NEB it was the good will of smrtB0mb. If you guys had your way it would still be a secret. The clue given by willy was a great hint. My accusation caused blackwolves to post a new youtube time including NEB.

It is also this painting yourselves as perefect in these b...**** stories that pisses people off.

Oh jesus here we go ... and how do you think smrtb0mb found out about NEB Ninja, as he wasn't one of the five who knew it? What, just because I didn't make a song and dance about it in a thread means I wanted to keep it a secret? I highly doubt that your accusation lead to anything ... Kevin was working on that video regardless now that we'd agreed to start telling people ... I can't remember exactly, but I think that video was supposed to be the "big reveal" ... smrtb0mb may have just put a word in first, that's all.

Again, I draw upon the argument of "Why should we have to tell you about our Time Attack secrets?" In fact, no, scratch "again", I've never used this argument because I'd consider it too arrogant ... I know you recognise that we share what we do out of good-will, and you know we don't tell everybody everything we know. I don't believe you've ever asked me for "in-depth" advice on any combination ever ... so you haven't even had a glimpse of the detail I can go into about this game, and willingly would with the sole intent of WANTING to help someone ... (bar my response to your first ever post on this forum of course haha.)

I'm not painting any false pictures about myself ... I'm just telling the truth    -grrr-

Surger

I think the only reason everyone made such a big deal of this neb thing was because of how much of an effect it has on the edge and to figure it out is close to impossible. (only DIE BART DIE really.) Other things like boosting strategies, lines etc can be figured out by anyone if they they think about it a bit. Releasing the accelerator and boost to go faster is just counterintuitive.

Oh and tiky has been working on Razorback and Badlands again.

Please use plain text.
Message 156 of 211 (5 Views)
Sackboy
331 posts

Jan 22, 2011

Guys, heres a little perspective:

http://www.unsurefooting.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/the-universe.jpg

Its not worth arguing over something so small. Sure we take it seriously at times (trust me, back in the day when i used to TA... so did i ) but it IS just a game. So enjoy it

As for the people who are complaining about NEB being revealed or not, they do not owe us anything. at all. Its out of good will that cirrus writes all of his guides etc, he has no obligation. NEB was found either by luck or by trying every single way of getting a good time and you know they spend alot of time on TA.

What im trying to get at is, everyone complaining practised TA as much as these guys, they too would have some cool secrets and tricks they found out about.

Please use plain text.
Message 157 of 211 (5 Views)
Wastelander
742 posts

Jan 22, 2011

Cirrus5005 wrote:

Surger

What is he having to do with this?

-----------------------------

Hal... : "Yeah he broke his wrist lolololol what an idiot! pmsl"
Please use plain text.
Message 158 of 211 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
427 posts

Jan 23, 2011

Now come on guys, we're all friends here. Ever seen Cirrus' Beachcomber Big Rig guide? If you type that into the YouTube search bar, you'll get a 1:04:15 TA-run on Comber, one which only very few people were able to beat up to this day, with detailed commentary about how to do it. Now, if you ask him for help on any combo, he'll give you a detailed guide on every aspect of it. And by detailed I mean: tilt the vehicle 78.3% to the right side, brake before the second patch of grass and don't go over the little bump on the right because that will cost you 0,03!

I understand the NEB-thing was a big deal, but now it's out. You can't go on and on and on about that being kept a secret, when Cirrus has done nothing but help and contribute knowledge willingly to anyone asking him about the game.

Racer and Ninja, I believe you guys have some issues with the image of the great Cirrus5005. Now I sound like you guys right? Yes, he is great. No, he isn't God, nor does he think of himself that he is God. He's great in MSPR, and I know him a bit better than you two know him (at least, I'm assuming I do haha), and he is one of those humble people who never brag, wait for their turn, always stay polite.  He's just a regular everyday normal guy. You'll never hear him say "I'm better than tiky and everyone else! ' because it's not about status for him (though being #1 ofcourse would be pleasent for anyone). For him it's about squeezing every last hundreth out of a time to get that world record. Tiky does exactly the same, he just doesn't appear on the forum.

Let's say he'd run a 2:30 on the Edge and he'd say 'Well that sucked'.(PURELY HYPOTHETICAL, NOT BASED ON ACTUAL EVENTS). By that he wouldn't be implying that the rest of the world sucks, nor is he pointing out that he's awesome. He simply would be implying that it doesn't live up to HIS standards, and those are pretty high and perfectionistic. I also point out when there's more in a run for me then the time I got. 

Racer, I don't understand the reasoning behind the question you asked. If Chris says 'no', he's being humble, but to you it wouldn't really prove whether he meant it or not, because saying 'yes' would be slightly arrogant, so you've basically cornered him to the 'no'. If he by any chance would have said 'yes', you'd 'win' and prove he was arrogant. But let's face it, you knew exactly he wasn't going to say 'yes'. I'm a bit like Cirrus when it comes to personality, believe me, there aren't many things we despise more than a person being an arrogant son of a female dog.  

And about Chris' reaction on the 'painting pictures-thing': remember, when people are accused of a 'crime', it's the guilty ones who stay calm, and the innocent ones who get mad, because they are accused falsely.

If speed kills, I'm suicidal :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 159 of 211 (5 Views)
Wastelander
733 posts

Jan 23, 2011

Cirrus5005 wrote:

racer_300m wrote:

Initially, I'm sure you're correct, but in the thread I'm referring to, it was critter "driving the bus" not to share. If willy hadn't posted his pic I doubt any of you guys would have come clean despite the tension that was building and the fact that I'm sure 3 out of the 4 felt some obligation to do so.

Whilst we're on the subject- who or what is grand555, is this your practice account?

Critter didn't want to share it at first ... or when we did either for that matter, but from what I understand, you're saying "things like this" are negatively influencing the likes of me and BlackWolves: his younger friends. You should know that we stand as complete individuals and decided together to reveal NEB to everyone else after the joke had dragged on for long enough.

I have no idea who or what grand555 is ... but I've always liked the name when I'm on the VIP website  xD  I only have one account, Cirrus5005. There's also Mr-MotorStorm but I haven't used it since Monument Valley Time Attack. I hate 2nd accounts, you know that very well ... why do people try to hide behind another name?

Surger

Because they dont want to lose friends or they feel guilty for their actions ?

...your turn to drive i'll bring the beer...
Please use plain text.
Message 160 of 211 (5 Views)
0 Likes