Feb 21 2013
By: Panzerborn Sackboy 331 posts

EVOLUTION STUDIOS - PS4 DRIVE CLUB

28 replies 2751 views Edited Feb 21, 2013

Just announced at the PS4 conference.

DRIVECLUB

DriveClub

Apparently its the game EVO has always wanted to do... so lets hope they do it properly!

Sorry for lack of pictures, forgot to take some watching the stream...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/392457/motorstorm-developer-reveals-drive-club-for-ps4/#

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/20/4005878/evolution-studios-ps4

http://kotaku.com/5985783/driveclub-is-your-first-ps4-racing-game

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (2,751 Views)
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Re: EVOLUTION STUDIOS - PS4 DRIVE CLUB

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Well that's most likely the end of Motorstorm. :smileysad:

I saw the trailer during the conference and it looked alright, nothing too different from any other racing game out there but we'll have to see. The conference overall was pretty impressive though, looking forward to the end of this year even without motorstorm.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (2,744 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Feb 21, 2013
when I heard Matt southern from evolution studios I was like sweet MotorStorm for PS 4. Then when he started talking about a road Racine game I was like bull s*** . Not another road Racine game. So I guess bye bye to MotorStorm.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (2,726 Views)
I Only Post Everything
785 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Here's the video that was shown at the Playstation 4 conference, for those that have missed it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (2,716 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Yeah, I hate when developers blindly stop thinking about what the fans really want! Is Ok not to follow everything that fans want. But there should be some kind of respect for what the fans really love... And you know... I just I wanted... Motorstorm 2005 CGI Demo! I mean come on man! Who doesn't want that?

But no, they had to fu/ck it up and do some other crap nobody was asking... I bet the game will be great though, but is not what I dreamed of, I think there are many others like me.

And... they just don't know how to build up hype, They think people forget so easily? They could have just started like this: Remember one day in 2005 when people where beginning to ask themselves wether gaming graphics would deceive your eyes and would start blending with reality? In other words.. do you remember the demo? (smiling face) Well here it is, live, been played at 1080p, 4 player local MP connected in online MP with more than 50 cars per race, with all the havoc, destruction and mud you ever wanted :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (2,642 Views)
Survivor
2493 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Not too enthused about Drive Club.  Hopefully someone picks up where MotorStorm left off.  (Well, actually I hope someone picks up where Pacific Rift left off.)

How To Bring Back MotorStorm: Evaluate / Standardize / Realistic Locations
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (2,589 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Drive Club looks like NFS (most wanted), or some other pieces of crap racing game already out on the market.  I bet Evolution was pushed by Sony to come out with this.  The Motorstorm series is what set it apart from other racing games.  My only motivation for purchasing a PS4 was that there would be another motorstorm game to go with it. If drive club does not have the motorstorm feel, don't expect me to buy it.  Out of all the fans letting them know what they wanted, they come out with this.  Really disappointed right now.  We don't want the same type of racing that is already out there.  Wake up Evolution Studios.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hafadude69
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (2,567 Views)
Wastelander
721 posts

Feb 21, 2013

NNNOOO another boring racing game. 

Its_Me_T Comments does not reflect Ranked Racing,MSPR,This forum or any of its Affilates
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (2,557 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3301 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I don't understand this move by Sony, release another game to compete with gran turismo when the developers have already been successful in offroad racing games? 

Anyway a true MotorStorm sequel would've locked a ps4 buy for me but we'll see. Killzone is the only game I have interest in so far and itll have to be a lot more impressive than that to bring me in.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (2,540 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Feb 21, 2013

CarlsbadCARTEL wrote:
when I heard Matt southern from evolution studios I was like sweet MotorStorm for PS 4. Then when he started talking about a road Racine game I was like bull s*** . Not another road Racine game. So I guess bye bye to MotorStorm.

R.I.P MotorStorm :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (2,528 Views)
0 Likes