Apr 24 2009
By: mic1838 Splicer 83 posts

Can PS3 message sent to me contain a virus???

18 replies 704 views Edited Apr 24, 2009

Yesterday I was online and I beat this guy(CHEAT-DETECTORS).... He was unhappy and proceeded to send me a message titled cheat and in the message he wrote "Cheat registered". There was this small red icon on the top in the message.... I was wondering whether its possible for opponents online to send me viruses???

Online is getting more and more agressive, and strange things are happening....

1)At sugar rush at the ramp when I am in the air, there was this wired diagonal force pulling my bike diagonally down and I crushed.... 

2)At the start line, they are able to crush you and without even starting the race, you are wrecked....

3)At the final corner at the edge, one monster truck drive backwards to crush me..... How does he drive backwards???

Have people figured out strange ways to crush others/make others crash?? Or put viruses into other's game???

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5224 posts

Re: Can PS3 message sent to me contain a virus???

Apr 24, 2009

on some level im sure its possible, however, im quite sure some gomer calling themselves cheat detectors wouldnt be the sender :smileyvery-happy: 

IMO the people who are good enough at making & sending viruses have better stuff to do than run around MSPR judging the people who they think are cheating

also IMO you are describing lag, blockers (in reverse?), & a weird controller issue the game has on occasion... no worries bud

Happy to be here for almost 5 years.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
647 posts

Apr 24, 2009

OK, first off, CHEAT DETECTORS sends that message to almost EVERYONE faster than him/her, accussing people of cheating and saying something about registering them as a cheat.

I dont think viruses even exist for the ps3 anyway?

1) Thats a weird little glitch that pops-up when you graze against something at high speed (brush by it really quick, touching it, but not falling off). Doesnt happen often, but i think the only way to fix it is crashing out deliberately, or just avoiding jumps

2) Just lag im guessing? 

3) Whats stopping people driving backwards? Its annoying when they do it, but what makes you think its impossible? 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (704 Views)
Splicer
83 posts

Apr 24, 2009

Hi blammymatazzz, you also got the message from CHEAT-DETECTORS??? Why is he accusing people of cheating???

Ok maybe my handling of the vehicle also contributed to my bike twisting...... I think I am not alone.....

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Apr 24, 2009
Hi Axecutioner, thanks for your reply....... I hope there are not many goons like that around.....
Message Edited by mic1838 on 04-23-2009 09:47 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
647 posts

Apr 24, 2009
I got the message, blackwolves got the message, you got it too. im guessing many people got it. Just ignore it, if they accuse you of cheating, it just means you are faster than they are :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (704 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5224 posts

Apr 24, 2009

mic1838 wrote:

Hi blammymatazzz, you also got the message from CHEAT-DETECTORS??? Why is he accusing people of cheating???

Ok maybe my handling of the vehicle also contributed to my bike twisting...... I think I am not alone.....

You are not alone !!  The bike twisting is something people have been complaining about from time to time for months. 

I think Cirrus or RRGN had said the bike starts handling like something on it broke & it wont steer or balance properly until it crashes & resets. Ive had it happen to me & i think thats an accurate description.

Some people accuse others of cheating if they lose a race to them, it happened to me for the first time last week (it was a small honor, i was like FINALLY someone accused me of cheating !! 'bout time !! )

The message read "nice cheat" to which i responded back ... There are no known online cheats other than the rockhopper glitch & we werent on rockhopper

This person wasnt named cheat-detector, but i took as a compliment just like i would've if it had been from cheat-detectors him/her-self

You must be doing something right bud :smileywink:    It took me almost 2 years to be accused of cheating, good job !!

Happy to be here for almost 5 years.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (704 Views)
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Apr 24, 2009

mic1838 wrote:

the possibilities are endless;

1. sore loser

2. immature

3. noob (1st time seeing lag)

4. spoiled

5. doing it just for laughs

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (704 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1654 posts

Apr 24, 2009

elcheapo wrote:

mic1838 wrote:

the possibilities are endless;

1. sore loser

2. immature

3. noob (1st time seeing lag)

4. spoiled

5. doing it just for laughs  All the Above

Fix it for you El Presidente, the correct answer is #5

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (704 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1425 posts

Apr 24, 2009

Yeah I think there are one or two ATVs that can get 'broken' and start doing wheelies when you boost. I thought it was an ATV bug, but it's just an ATV with shoddy construction. (Now I use the mirage belette like everyone else.)

I even had my Atlas Varjack "break" once, with the front bumper dragging under the wheels, losing me a race. I felt so betrayed!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (704 Views)
0 Likes