Thanks, that feels pretty nice coming from you =D

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 770 of 858 (20 Views)
Splicer
83 posts

Re: AVTA Leaderboards

Mar 3, 2012

As far as i know all of goru's times (including dust rt) are first lap starts with the exception of Rockhopper.   Grizzly rt has to be 2nd lap start tho right? 'cause you go thru where the cars are towards the finish.  Goru is you grizzly rig a first lap start?

Please use plain text.
Message 771 of 858 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Mar 3, 2012

the_axecutioner escribió:

As far as i know all of goru's times (including dust rt) are first lap starts with the exception of Rockhopper.   Grizzly rt has to be 2nd lap start tho right? 'cause you go thru where the cars are towards the finish.  Goru is you grizzly rig a first lap start?

I also forget to mention that, yes, my rally car, big rig and racing truck on grizzly are 2nd laps.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 772 of 858 (20 Views)
Splicer
83 posts

Mar 3, 2012

Wayne's tenderizer racing truck time is with a first lap start B U T he moves the cars at the end    So he moved the cars & then got what he thought was an exceptional time on his frist try !!  L O L !!

Me?  I would spend hours & hours doing second lap start after second lap start with the cars moved on the slim chance I'd have a good run & need it (1 in about 50 )on tender rt

My best swg from the spawn point is 133.07 which beats wayne B U T loses to Goru (whose times are from the spawn point) by over a second

Please use plain text.
Message 773 of 858 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Mar 4, 2012

the_axecutioner escribió:

Wayne's tenderizer racing truck time is with a first lap start B U T he moves the cars at the end    So he moved the cars & then got what he thought was an exceptional time on his frist try !!  L O L !!

Me?  I would spend hours & hours doing second lap start after second lap start with the cars moved on the slim chance I'd have a good run & need it (1 in about 50 )on tender rt

My best swg from the spawn point is 133.07 which beats wayne B U T loses to Goru (whose times are from the spawn point) by over a second

In my SWG RT video i will add some annotation to explain what i do, i'm pretty sure you can do it.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 774 of 858 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Mar 4, 2012

The annotations are ready

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 775 of 858 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Mar 7, 2012

ok got down to 1:32.64 on a 1st lap start from the spawn point, here were the improvements:

Changed technique after 2nd berm (the left one)to hit drop off & use added spped to get to hair pin faster

Changed boosting on the uphill to very short boosts & this made a huge difference

When i beat my old 2nd lap start time it was only at the finish line that I caught & beat it- i followed it the whole way up til then lol

Please use plain text.
Message 776 of 858 (20 Views)
Splicer
83 posts

Mar 7, 2012

my split times

1st: 18.94  which is really really good for me from a standing start

2nd: 41.70  also really really good for me  all due to the improvement from the extra speed from the drop off

3rd: 1:10.19  not as good as 1:09.76  but this is what i lose from the 2nd lap start

Please use plain text.
Message 777 of 858 (20 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1074 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Way to go Axe. Reading that it sounds like you know where you can improve a fair bit.......try for a 31.xx. There is something about Sidewinder , it is ridiculously hard, then I found the track clicked with me on the plugger and bike after a few 100 tries.

I was at a point where I knew how to do each split and just had to put in the hours to get 1 good lap. Im only 10 behind you lol, with a 1.41.99 plugger.I think I could have won a few online races with that, in a general public room.

About that 2 banked corner at the end of first spilt. I cant see your ghost and goro would probably have a very good line in there. But I found on the plugger I picked up a lot of exit speed by hitting the bank early and getting down and lined up for little jump down the canyon. There was a lot of time there to find, like the first banked corner.

The third banked corner I put 2 outside wheels on for smooth line and max. corner speed. But the plugger is a very different animal to the RT. Not sure if any of this will help....except go for axe man.

Please use plain text.
Message 778 of 858 (20 Views)
Splicer
83 posts

Mar 20, 2012

for what it's worth Goru got the rt down to #47 on sidewinder with a 1:31.4?? I think with a second lap start he could get 1:30.8ish

He's an animal & I'll never beat his time, I'll be happy to get my own rt to top 100 which is realistic but very difficult for me.

He also got tender rt down to mid 1:37  which does beat vlado & i think he did it in about 10 minutes, so there's probably more in it.

Also he beat Cirrus' rage rt by .02

Please use plain text.
Message 779 of 858 (20 Views)